First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus ST, Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
TLDR:

Car has now been in the shop for over a month. Originally it was for the HVJB and the BECM replacements but according to Ford whenever they go into replacing those parts on the car, they have to do a pressure test ANNND mine failed. I need a new battery casing where the Manf. has no ETA on when that part is going to be available.

Long story:

This is the second time the car has been dead on me. Died in my driveway in the am, had it towed to the dealership. Diagnosis found out that the HVJB and BECM are dead. In the process of lifting, they found out that the previous tow for when my 12v Battery died, and they put it on a flatbed, they ripped a hole in the outside frame of the battery. It doesnt affect the battery according to Ford but its about a 1 1/2 inch by 4 inch gouge in the underbelly of my car. FoMoCo said they'd take care of it but now i'm down the Agero path to file a claim. From what I've read online, that's the kiss of death. When they were going to replace the HVJB and BECM parts they have to do a pressure/water test on the battery casing. Turns out there is a crack in there and water/condensation or something could get into there and damage the actual battery. FULL STOP according to Ford. No ETA on that part whatsoever.

Has anyone else had to work with Agero on a claim? Anyone else had this many problems? I'm already working with the customer experience team at FoMoCo but 3 different problems in the last month to month and a half?

Anyone got any good ideas?
Sponsored

OP
OP

thefallenbeloved

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have the dealer start processing for the buyback program from Ford. Also look into your state’s lemon laws.

The dealership is doing everything they can to help, but I feel like i've read Agero is going to file a claim against the tow and it's not going to get anywhere. Anyone have this experience?

OP
OP

thefallenbeloved

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Has anyone really had any luck getting Agero to accept your claim and get the money? or is this a dead end?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I'm not following a bit, you said "FoMoCo said they'd take care of it" but then go on to say you have to file a claim with the tow company? Why is that if Ford is taking care of it? Are you the one that deduced the previous tow is what caused the damage or did your service advisor tell you that? If that is the case, just have them put that in a service report for you so its notated as that's probably the best proof you'll have to make your case.

Based on no ETA, just contact Ford and tell them you want to start the buyback process or ask your service advisor if he can assist. Good ones will contact Ford for you to get it moving quicker and can help make the case for you, although you'll still have to most likely wait the 30 days or whatever your state's lemon law is.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Can I ask, what are HVJB and BECM? Also Agero?
High Voltage Junction Box
Battery Energy Control Module
Agero appears to be a roadside assistance company that dispatched the first truck who caused the damage.

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
Agero appears to be a roadside assistance company that dispatched the first truck who caused the damage.
Thank you, I appreciate it.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Two questions - did you contact the tow company or did the dealer and what proof is there that the tow company caused the damage? Not a lawyer but I would think that is Ford schedule the tow then the liability should be on Ford and they need to make a claim. If the tow was placed by you then obviously the claim would be between you and the tow company. The other issue is if no one witnessed the damage after the initial tow it will be hard to pin the damage on them. Just things to consider. If there was a way to get Ford to take back the car I certainly would make that attempt assuming you would prefer not to keep it.

OP
OP

thefallenbeloved

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Two questions - did you contact the tow company or did the dealer and what proof is there that the tow company caused the damage? Not a lawyer but I would think that is Ford schedule the tow then the liability should be on Ford and they need to make a claim. If the tow was placed by you then obviously the claim would be between you and the tow company. The other issue is if no one witnessed the damage after the initial tow it will be hard to pin the damage on them. Just things to consider. If there was a way to get Ford to take back the car I certainly would make that attempt assuming you would prefer not to keep it.
I've explained that to my CSR at Ford but all she said was its not Fords fault its the tow company and I need to fill out this form and claim against them. I think its just poor customer service but this is not boding well. I really don't want to go the legal route but this is a little bit crazy.

OP
OP

thefallenbeloved

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agreed. I'm not sure why their dodging the fact that THEY called the tow and THEY should be properly making sure my car doesnt get a 4 inch gash in it.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Agreed. I'm not sure why their dodging the fact that THEY called the tow and THEY should be properly making sure my car doesnt get a 4 inch gash in it.
Because THEY aren’t responsible for the tow company.

The tow company and the tow company’s insurance are responsible for the actions of the employees of the tow company.

That’s why the tow company has its own insurance and Ford doesn’t have to have insurance to cover the tow company.

Insurance is ALL about “liability.” If you want to know who is responsible/liable just look at who has the insurance and what it covers.

Here is a long story of the same thing:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...om-tow-truck-hooking-into-battery-rail.13531/

OP
OP

thefallenbeloved

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

The tow company and the tow company’s insurance are responsible for the actions of the employees of the tow company.

That’s why the tow company has its own insurance and Ford doesn’t have to have insurance to cover the tow company.

Insurance is ALL about “liability.” If you want to know who is responsible/liable just look at who has the insurance and what it covers.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...om-tow-truck-hooking-into-battery-rail.13531/
While I get where you're coming from, my concern is from a legal standpoint of, I didn't call the towing company. Ford is providing a service via contract to offer roadside assistance to Ford Customers at little to no expense to us. In this instance and in many instances, Ford found it to be viable to offer this roadside assistance and therefore should make sure that any agent (towing company) of theirs should be able to actually service the vehicle as not to damage it. If Ford has a contract with towing, it should be in Fords best interest to not damage one of its prize new and arguably most expensive to repair vehicles.

However, I'm getting a similar response to what you said where Ford says we didn't do it and you have to go after the tow company. It just doesn't seem right to me considering all the other factors.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I agree. My question was who contacted/contracted the tow company - the customer or the dealer? If the dealer contacted/contracted the tow company then I believe (I could be wrong) that the dealer is the liable party. If the customer contacted the tow company, even if it was through roadside assistance, then the liability does not flow through the dealer.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Better Call Saul.
Sponsored