J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Gave it a 9 in post #44. Keeping it as such at 5K miles and 4 months later.
Level 2 charging at home using only supplied charging cable. Daily driver and frequent round trips to RI and back (~66 miles each way). A few out to western MA (100 miles each way). No problem with anything. It is quicker than my 420HP supercharged Jag. Reduced mileage in winter as expected, but no big deal. Did receive windshield recall, and will fix in March. On Ford Option plan, received state rebate (2500) and filing taxes for fed credit (7500). Happy with Ford commitment to the technology. Billions (11) invested in F-150 Lightning plant and changing up the country's best selling vehicle. I'd by the Mach-e all over again. Fits price, performance, styling and technology requirements. My be hard to pry away at 3 years of ownership as we move to next EV...who knows maybe a Mach-e upgrade at that time.
Sponsored

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I gave an 8.

I love my car, but if I had to go buy a new car now there is a chance I pickup something like the ev6. I don't think that would be a high chance, but I would at least go check it out.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I voted #11 while waiting for my MME, now, after 3 months of driving it, changed it to #9, and only because I don't need two of them :)
Absolutely agree with this:
Fits price, performance, styling and technology requirements.
There are a few design things that I'd like to be changed (mostly software-driven), but still a joy to drive.

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I voted #11 while waiting for my MME, now, after 3 months of driving it, changed it to #9, and only because I don't need two of them :)
Absolutely agree with this:

There are a few design things that I'd like to be changed (mostly software-driven), but still a joy to drive.
Android Auto is what we were looking for, but Full Android Automotive would be a great thing. Ford already signed on to this. Polestar and Volvo beat the MME in that department during our research. While most of is will be behind the scenes as full AA is at the OS level, many applications will benefit. MME has the QNX OS. Very popular and capable, but full AA opens up a lot of integration. Hoping it will be in our next MME. Hopefully more robust and reliable applications to follow.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Android Auto is what we were looking for, but Full Android Automotive would be a great thing. Ford already signed on to this. Polestar and Volvo beat the MME in that department during our research. While most of is will be behind the scenes as full AA is at the OS level, many applications will benefit. MME has the QNX OS. Very popular and capable, but full AA opens up a lot of integration. Hoping it will be in our next MME. Hopefully more robust and reliable applications to follow.
What sorts of benefits have the Polestar and Volvo owners appreciated so far?

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What sorts of benefits have the Polestar and Volvo owners appreciated so far?
Certainly direct Google Assistant integration and access to Google services, but the potential is more substantial. Many of the benefits are behind the scenes. Full Android Automotive would provide direct assess to services for applications to vehicle operations. Many of your Android apps could function based on your vehicle metrics. Not saying it is not possible (in part) now, but it is tantamount to your mobile service provider creating their own Android firmware and apps and expecting them to keep up with OS updates or spend development dollars on.

Quick article explaining the basic difference between Android Auto and Android Automotive: https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...otive-everything-you-need-to-know-169136.html
Sponsored