JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
7, like it a lot, But excited to see what is next and better in the next 3-4 years. Besides, jumping in my RAM 1500, or wife's Challenger GT is also fun to drive.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Blanked

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
Ours is about to arrive in 5 days and we are seriously considering saying no. I see a post today about a loose display. It feels like the quality control is non-existent on this car. What we can't figure out is if it's only the "early models" that are having issues or if those being delivered now are also afflicted. We have an EV now and it's been flawless, so we're pretty nervous. Never had a Ford and not liking what we read about dealers at all.
you should wait until it arrives and make the best decision for you and your family.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Ours is about to arrive in 5 days and we are seriously considering saying no. I see a post today about a loose display. It feels like the quality control is non-existent on this car. What we can't figure out is if it's only the "early models" that are having issues or if those being delivered now are also afflicted. We have an EV now and it's been flawless, so we're pretty nervous. Never had a Ford and not liking what we read about dealers at all.
Yeah, I would definitely let a bunch of knuckleheads on a website influence my perception of the quality of a car more than my own eyes too.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Are the people lying about their experiences?
Who knows.?‍♂ They could be legit, they could be trolls trying to sway your opinion. I do know that My Mach-E hasn’t been completely problem free, but it has been the best built vehicle I’ve owned in over 30 years of car ownership.

but none of that was my point… I’m not saying absolutely buy it, I’m not saying absolutely refuse delivery. I’m saying that it is foolish to make that decision before you ever see or touch the vehicle yourself. Look at it this way, you now know to turn on accessory power only, turn up the dash lighting all the way and listen for a buzz from the IP. And you know to check to see if that screen mentioned in the other thread is loose. You’re far better off now, making a decision with all this information. But the issues we see, represent only a very small percentage of Mach-E’s. That doesn’t make it suck less if you’re the small percentage with a real issue, but statistically it’s not likely you will be.

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
I'd sure like to know what flawless EV you currently have.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I just wish they had a more Off-Road capable E-F150. Yeah, I know the lightning is 4x4... but the 8.9" ground clearance to me makes it a non-starter for me. I don't see any way to increase the lift or flex without a TON-of-$
The first Lightning won't please everyone. Ford is targeting the part of the F-150 market that is in highest demand. Ford already said 85% of F-150 buyers want a SuperCrew, 5-1/2' bed, with 4WD. Specialty buyers will have to wait a bit.

I think a number of lift kits will become available as the front end will be almost the same as every other F-150. That said, the early Lightnings won't be focused on heavy-duty off-roading.

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
Nice, they are pretty unique, my son likes them. The range seems too limited for the price to me, and out of warranty BMW aren't a vehicle I'd keep around.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
10. Because I did buy two and don’t regret it one bit. His and hers.

MG101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
a car
Country flag
It has its shortcomings but out of all the cars I've owned the mach-e has been my favorite to drive. That being said if the tax rebate was still available on a Tesla I'd probably be driving one instead.

OP
OP
Blanked

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Critique on the poll... too many options. People end up not voting as I did not vote. IMO a better poll would have been:
Absolutely Not,
Maybe,
Probably,
Definintely!
So, If you break down your '4' options across the '10' that I proposed:

10 = Definitely
7 = Probably
4 = Maybe
1 = Absolutely Not

Go ahead and vote

OP
OP
Blanked

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The first Lightning won't please everyone. Ford is targeting the part of the F-150 market that is in highest demand. Ford already said 85% of F-150 buyers want a SuperCrew, 5-1/2' bed, with 4WD. Specialty buyers will have to wait a bit.

I think a number of lift kits will become available as the front end will be almost the same as every other F-150. That said, the early Lightnings won't be focused on heavy-duty off-roading.
I don't do heavy duty myself. Just need a little more flexibility on wheel & Tire Size and off-road / trail access.

another worry would be the special Gear Splines and the amount of angle allowance to the electric motor. Most electric motors I've dealt with have very tight tolerances and prefer to be "Balanced" or "in-line" drives... I'm no expert... but the costs keep climbing and the use-cases keep getting smaller.

TJ-Mach-e

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Merc S550, 2021 MME AWD ER
Country flag
So, If you break down your '4' options across the '10' that I proposed:

10 = Definitely
7 = Probably
4 = Maybe
1 = Absolutely Not

Go ahead and vote
No thanks! It seems you missed the point.

I hope you are not also wondering why you don’t have many friends.

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Preimum Carbon Gray
Country flag
Love it, will maybe replace with GT in the future like 3-5 years when hopefully the market isn't crazy.
Sponsored