Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry Hybrid / Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Health Inspector
Country flag
A rear passenger assist grip attached on the headliner/roof came very loose and I pulled it out. [Blame 10 year old, ha-ha!] It looked easy to clip back in place but struggling and need some mechanical guidance, ha!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Low-tech Failure -- Passenger Assist Grip Reattachment 20230101_142822
Ford Mustang Mach-E Low-tech Failure -- Passenger Assist Grip Reattachment 20230101_142836

Last edited:

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I just did one the other day. Take the metal clips out of the body. Then pop the metal clips into the handle first, they should be retained. Then push the handle+clips into the holes in the headliner. Finish by pushing in the plastic caps. The plastic caps are directional (there's a left and a right).

OP
OP
RedStormREHS

RedStormREHS

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Health Inspector
Country flag
I just did one the other day. Take the metal clips out of the body. Then pop the metal clips into the handle first, they should be retained. Then push the handle+clips into the holes in the headliner. Finish by pushing in the plastic caps. The plastic caps are directional (there's a left and a right).
OK, yep... I removed the metal body clips and attached them inside handle (two teeth inside). Then, when I went to attach handle back in roof, metal clips popped out of place in handle. Uggg! Maybe I should install plastic caps/plugs in handle with clips before attaching to roof... or is that not possible?

Jimbo

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium 4X
Country flag
A rear passenger assist grip attached on the headliner/roof came very loose and I pulled it out. [Blame 10 year old, ha-ha!] It looked easy to clip back in place but struggling and need some mechanical guidance, ha!
Is this a case of a very rambunctious AND persistent 10yo, or a really weak grip?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
OK, yep... I removed the metal body clips and attached them inside handle (two teeth inside). Then, when I went to attach handle back in roof, metal clips popped out of place in handle. Uggg! Maybe I should install plastic caps/plugs in handle with clips before attaching to roof... or is that not possible?
If they're installed in the handle properly they should be almost impossible to push through. The plastic clips need to go in last otherwise the clips won't compresses to go into the frame slots.

Pull on the clips to make sure they are fully seated in the handle before installing the assembly in the ceiling.

OP
OP
RedStormREHS

RedStormREHS

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Health Inspector
Country flag
If they're installed in the handle properly they should be almost impossible to push through. The plastic clips need to go in last otherwise the clips won't compresses to go into the frame slots.

Pull on the clips to make sure they are fully seated in the handle before installing the assembly in the ceiling.
Perfect instructions! Repair completed! When clipping on roof, I placed one index finger inside each handle attachment cavity where metal clips are seated to ensure they didn't pop out of position. PIA removing the metal clips from the roof with needle-nose pliers. I'll tell my 10-year old not to hang on the grips like a gorilla! He owes me 30 min of shop labor, ha! Thanks @Mach-Lee

Last edited:
OP
OP
RedStormREHS

RedStormREHS

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Health Inspector
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Low-tech Failure -- Passenger Assist Grip Reattachment 20230102_160124
Sponsored