Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Ok, this is a petty rant but here goes.

So after 9500 miles we are low on washer fluid.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Low Washer Fluid! Screenshot_20211127-072036

Ok, I get it,. But why the random big brown dashboard banner. Just ran low this week and have been busy with the Holiday and so forth and have yet to pour some water in.

Merging onto the highway, banner your washer fluid is low, please make this thing only shift my entire dash cluster when not in motion. I think the sensor is motion sensitive so it pops in and out cornering or such.

I am greatful that although the banner is the same size as collision assist it at least does not beep at me.

Now to go pour some water.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
You’re right. That’s dreadful. For$60k the car should come loaded with a lifetime supply of washer fluid. Time to get rid of the car. ;)

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
You’re right. That’s dreadful. For$60k the car should come loaded with a lifetime supply of washer fluid. Time to get rid of the car. ;)
Well, I said it was petty to start with. Takes over a gallon of fluid it seems. But now that I think about it the banner is so annoying I braved 49degree temps here in Florida to go out and fill the reservoir. This is sacrifice.......had to put on a jacket...

lukew

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E CR1 Red
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
9.5k??? I just refilled mine at 2k.... So many damn bug splats, so much tree gunk. And when the salt starts going on the roads, I'll be refilling every 1.5 k til April.

It's also the most annoying thing I've seen in this car. I swear, every fifteen minutes it pops up a full message box in the IPC to tell me it's low. Like I've forgotten.

At least it fits a whole bottle of fluid in its reservoir. My fiesta never could.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ok, this is a petty rant but here goes.
Thank god somebody posted a petty rant around here! This place is nothing but sunshine and unicorns; it's good to finally see somebody with the guts to post something negative.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Just hit OK to clear it. #FirstWorldProblems

For years, Ford had no warning of low washer fluid. Should have seen the ravings on the F-150 forum as people bemoaned how hard it was to fill the washer fluid while they did their monthly under the hood and air pressure check. Oh yeah, most don't check anything monthly, but that's a whole another story.

Dark Matter GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Country flag
My issue is the washer fluid smell in the car everytime I clean my windshield. Never had that happen in any car I've owned before.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Thank god somebody posted a petty rant around here! This place is nothing but sunshine and unicorns; it's good to finally see somebody with the guts to post something negative.
Now if he gets a
“low oil” symbol he should be concerned.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
My issue is the washer fluid smell in the car everytime I clean my windshield. Never had that happen in any car I've owned before.
How many of those vehicles have had a front camera washer? I wonder if that's where it comes in (the smell)?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
There's still an issue you're all missing. It's not mentioned in the owner's manual either and really should be. If the washer fluid is low, so is the Blinker Fluid. Fill them both up. Safety is always the forum's top priority. You're welcome.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Low Washer Fluid! 1638027795943

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Some of us consider this a feature ?
My solution is to never use the windshield washer. I never run low on fluid and never smell said fluid. Come to think of it, I have no idea if my fluid is low. In fact, I may be out! My blinker fluid may be empty too! Oh the humanity.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Just add a set of rain gutters along the roof edges with collection hoses so the rain water feeds into the washer fluid reservoir by itself. ?