Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
200 mile drive home. Set up Ford Pass and checked out LuieBluey on the lot, but did not set up Plug & Charge (have accounts at all the charge companies from past EVs). Poughkeepsie to Albany fine, started with 86%. No/Go (an hour while on the phone with EA) for at least 6 cords at EA DCFC, Albany (Walmart). Gave up, sat at a SUNY L2 (6.6 kW, sigh) for two hours. That got me to GreenLots on the NYS thruway at the Mohawk Valley Welcome center. First try n/g, but second try, it worked! 44 kW was such a blessing after 6.6 kW Chargepoint at SUNY. Signed up for Plug & Charge today. Easy ride to just west of Utica from there. 11 kW charger in garage. Did another 100 miles today, so far, so good!

My dealer was super friendly with EV experience, well they are called "Friendly Ford" of Poughkeepsie. No ADM, easiest car buy ever!
Ford Mustang Mach-E LuieBluey got home Sat Night Feb 21! LuieBluey
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Great looking Mache. Did you buy off the lot?

OP
OP

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Great looking Mache. Did you buy off the lot?
yes, I had two previous canceled orders (RWD, then AWD, 4X infinite blue). Been searching for weeks, most everything is FCTP, or buyer ordered. This buyer canceled, and the dealer listed it on Autotrader. They told me yes, one FCTP, and one for sale, so I grabbed it!

Here are my dates
Production Date 12/16/20
Ship Date 1/4/21
KANSAS CITY, KS SPEEDWAY 1/19/21
KANSAS CITY, MO 1/28/21
LOUISVILLE, KY 2/2/21

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
Hey, fellow Update New Yorker! Congrats on getting your Mach-E!

If you would like, check in here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-es-in-new-york.3153/
Congrats! Yours is the first MME delivery in NY of which I am aware. I hope to see my GB FE in the next couple of weeks.

Was the dealer able to process the $2K NYS point of sale EV incentive? As of today, the Mach E is still not on the NYSERDA web site, not sure how it works if the car is not yet listed.

Thanks-

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
200 mile drive home. Set up Ford Pass and checked out LuieBluey on the lot, but did not set up Plug & Charge (have accounts at all the charge companies from past EVs). Poughkeepsie to Albany fine, started with 86%. No/Go (an hour while on the phone with EA) for at least 6 cords at EA DCFC, Albany (Walmart). Gave up, sat at a SUNY L2 (6.6 kW, sigh) for two hours. That got me to GreenLots on the NYS thruway at the Mohawk Valley Welcome center. First try n/g, but second try, it worked! 44 kW was such a blessing after 6.6 kW Chargepoint at SUNY. Signed up for Plug & Charge today. Easy ride to just west of Utica from there. 11 kW charger in garage. Did another 100 miles today, so far, so good!

My dealer was super friendly with EV experience, well they are called "Friendly Ford" of Poughkeepsie. No ADM, easiest car buy ever!
Ford Mustang Mach-E LuieBluey got home Sat Night Feb 21! LuieBluey
Nice! EA is getting a bad rap on this forum.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Nice! EA is getting a bad rap on this forum.
Well agree that we dont know if they deserve the bad rap. We dont know if its EA or Ford or temps or whatever but seems that the expectations are not being met. Either EA or Ford should communicate something so that customers have more realistic expectations and plan accordingly.

Lack of details or clarity means the expectation of 80% charge in under 40 mins at very high charge rate is all will be in users minds especially in cold weather.

OP
OP

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Thank you all for the kind words. This forum is great, I have been reading posts for months, which made my search and buying experience a lot easier. I was even prepared for a 12V battery fail, but thankfully no issues so far. No loud display sound, not sure about wind noise yet.

The dealer was amazing, no ADM, they brought up X plan and knew about the Mustang club PIN system. Options worked better for me, with the extra $2,500 incentive. The $2k point of sale, NYSERDA was no problem. I think the manager mentioned it before I did! The dealer is EV experienced, and was not even concerned. (I called NYSERDA months ago about MME, but I guess it takes some process to put a new vehicle on the list). I often ask NY EZpass to add a new EV for green pass; they usually add it in a few days.

Congrats! Yours is the first MME delivery in NY of which I am aware. I hope to see my GB FE in the next couple of weeks.

Was the dealer able to process the $2K NYS point of sale EV incentive? As of today, the Mach E is still not on the NYSERDA web site, not sure how it works if the car is not yet listed.

Thanks-
There have been a bunch of MME over east Syracuse to Albany and south the last couple of weeks, mostly FCTP. I got a 20 minute test drive in Clay, Liverpool, near Syracuse (they were surprised I knew it arrived, and just barely willing to let anyone touch it yet, understandably so). I had a one day demo loan set up in Hamilton, but this one made that moot. There are a few over in Albany now too. This is probably one of the first FE delivered in NY. To NYC folks, Poughkeepsie is upstate NY, but us to who live here (kind of Albany to Buffalo and points north), it is down state, practically NYC. I was surprised the autotrader listing didn't get bought before me, so close to NY metro.

Last edited:

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
.....The $2k point of sale, NYSERDA was no problem. I think the manager mentioned it before I did! The dealer is EV experienced, and was not even concerned.
Excellent, thanks!

To NYC folks, Poughkeepsie is upstate NY, but us to who live here (kind of Albany to Buffalo and points north), it is down state, practically NYC.
Yes, some think even Westchester is Upstate. :rolleyes: Depends on where you sit, I guess. I (Buffalo) personally draw the line at Albany/Troy. South of there is either Downstate or my personal designation of Midstate. Definitely NOT Upstate.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yes, some think even Westchester is Upstate. :rolleyes: Depends on where you sit, I guess. I (Buffalo) personally draw the line at Albany/Troy. South of there is either Downstate or my personal designation of Midstate. Definitely NOT Upstate.
When I cross the lake, I’m in Rouses Point, so all of NY is downstate to me. When I hear people refer to Poughkeepsie or Albany as “up state”, it makes me giggle.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
When I cross the lake, I’m in Rouses Point, so all of NY is downstate to me. When I hear people refer to Poughkeepsie or Albany as “up state”, it makes me giggle.
Interesting as I do consider Albany as Upstate as I include the Catskills. :) But to each their own.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting as I do consider Albany as Upstate as I include the Catskills. :) But to each their own.
Maybe Albany is a special case because of all the "temporary" governmental types from other areas.
Sponsored