Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I communicated with someone in the plant. They did get back to work Monday, setting everything up to continue pre-production preparations. Of course, things are different now and part of what they are doing is setting up to follow the new Covid-19 guidelines. They are following the Ford Covid-19 Playbook, in Spanish of course:

Images from this week shows some of what they are getting used to:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E’s Cuautitlan Plant Began Preparing for May 18 Re-Open Last Week 96587905_3111083895609411_6803061217125466112_o

They are strict about wearing masks. Workers even have to have a mask on before they drive in the gates! Where you can walk, how close you can get to others are all issues they are getting used to.

Some things are coming along smoothly, others not so much, as some equipment was still in Michigan before the shutdown and won't be sent to Mexico for a while yet. Production almost certainly won't start in June and July is still in question. However, the equipment and machining they do have at the plant is getting set up well and looking good.
Sponsored

Last edited:

AmyJ

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I communicated with someone in the plant. They did get back to work Monday, setting everything up to continue pre-production preparations. Of course, things are different now and part of what they are doing is setting up to follow the new Covid-19 guidelines. They are following the Ford Covid-19 Playbook, in Spanish of course:

Images from this week shows some of what they are getting used to:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E’s Cuautitlan Plant Began Preparing for May 18 Re-Open Last Week 96587905_3111083895609411_6803061217125466112_o

They are strict about wearing masks. Workers even have to have a mask on before they drive in the gates! Where you can walk, how close you can get to others are all issues they are getting used to.

Some things are coming along smoothly, others not so much, as some equipment was still in Michigan before the shutdown and won't be sent to Mexico for a while yet. Production almost certainly won't start in June and July is still in question. However, the equipment and machining they do have at the plant is getting set up well and looking good.
If you hear of a definite start on production I’d love to hear. Living in the Chicagoland area I need AWD by winter due to my long commute to the hospital I work for. I don’t know how long I can wait for this. If it’s too long I may have to give up my reservation and get something else. My heart is set on this Mach E though!!! Regardless it’ll be Ford I buy because I’ll get A plan through my dad. Covid has really done a number on things. I pray everyone stays safe and healthy -that’s more important than a material possession.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
If you hear of a definite start on production I’d love to hear. Living in the Chicagoland area I need AWD by winter due to my long commute to the hospital I work for. I don’t know how long I can wait for this.
Will do.

At this point, a reservation for a First Edition or a Premium with a low reservation number still has a good chance of delivery before the end of the year. If you fall in one of these categories, you have the best chance. Remember that it will be very expensive for Ford to miss its deliveries of early cars to the EU, so I'm sure they'll be working hard to deliver on those early reservations.

AmyJ

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Will do.

At this point, a reservation for a First Edition or a Premium with a low reservation number still has a good chance of delivery before the end of the year. If you fall in one of these categories, you have the best chance. Remember that it will be very expensive for Ford to miss its deliveries of early cars to the EU, so I'm sure they'll be working hard to deliver on those early reservations.
Yes my reservation number is 10007153 so I’m definitely in the early groups !!!

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Good news is Mexico is allowing the auto industry to restart before June 1st -- with safety measures of course.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
My sources are saying (as recently as this week) that the first US deliveries will start in mid-late November 2020. US ordering to start in the 4th week of June (week of the 22nd).

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
My sources are saying (as recently as this week) that the first US deliveries will start in mid-late November 2020. US ordering to start in the 4th week of June (week of the 22nd).
Hopefully UK deliveries about the same time then??

Luffie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Ext.range TP+
Country flag
And.....the factory is open again? And ready for (pre-)production????

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
And.....the factory is open again? And ready for (pre-)production????
Yes, they started back in on pre-production work on 11 May. They are still missing some tools that were stuck in Michigan but they're getting things moving.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'll check in with my source at the Cuautitlan plant this weekend. He had indicated some essential tools were stuck in Michigan and might not be at CSAP (Ford Motor Company Cuautitlan Stamping and Assembly Plant) until August. Who knows what else may be leading to the delays in scheduled delivery dates our European friends are reporting.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Who knows what else may be leading to the delays in scheduled delivery dates our European friends are reporting.
I'm guessing parts from various suppliers. All it takes is one significant part out of thousands that doesn't have a viable replacement to be the bottleneck that delays the whole thing.
Sponsored