HassI

First Name
Hasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
My Mach-E First Edition received the “stop safely now” message and began to lose propulsion as driving. Unfortunately I was in moving traffic in heavy snow here in Michigan. I had to get over to the side and slid while the car was losing propulsion. I hit a curb and a pile of snow while losing propulsion, hurt my neck pretty good. As I tried to turn the vehicle back on I started getting multiple random codes. I assume it’s the (HVBJB) that they sent a recall OTA update for a few months back. Seems like the problem still happened to me. If anyone is familiar with what course of action I should take , I appreciate any help. The car won’t move or do much of anything . I will attach images of all messages and codes

6CA2AD75-5242-45AC-8181-BA826B9F878D.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

HassI

First Name
Hasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have more photos, the files are to large to post apparently. I was getting multiple random codes for breaking , pre collision, service vehicle soon, is vehicle plugged inn etc. All after losing propulsion car steering wheel was locked and screen started To power off to save battery. Battery was at 98%

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
First thing to do is request Ford Roadside Assistance tow service to a Ford Dealership. I had a good experience doing that through FordPass.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Do NOT exit the vehicle and close the doors, because if the 12v battery fails, you can't get back in without getting a jump on the leads in the bumper.

OP
OP

HassI

First Name
Hasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
First thing to do is request Ford Roadside Assistance tow service to a Ford Dealership. I had a good experience doing that through FordPass.
Thank you I’ll do it through FordPass, although no dealerships are open today since it’s Sunday. So I’ll wait until I contact one before towing over there. Also I’ve heard some dealerships are better than others with this issue

OP
OP

HassI

First Name
Hasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do NOT exit the vehicle and close the doors, because if the 12v battery fails, you can't get back in without getting a jump on the leads in the bumper.
I think I already messed that up, all electronics stopped working at this point after trying to cycle on and off 2 or 3 times. So I’m just gonna get a tow tomorrow when the dealer opens

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
Thank you I’ll do it through FordPass, although no dealerships are open today since it’s Sunday. So I’ll wait until I contact one before towing over there. Also I’ve heard some dealerships are better than others with this issue
In the meantime everything you need to know about SSN is summarized here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ers-biggest-fear-facts-and-info-thread.18143/

I am guessing any dealership would be a safe bet in your vicinity. This thread can help choose:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ractive-map-–-time-to-repair-by-dealer.21658/

I would get the car to one today, dealer does not need to be open.

Best to open a case with Ford BEV ASAP also.

OP
OP

HassI

First Name
Hasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sounds good thank you! Tried to contact ford customer support, but they are closed on Sunday. So I believe I need to wait until tomorrow for customer support to transfer me to the Ford BEV team. Unless the BEV team has a direct number I’m not aware of

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
My Mach-E First Edition received the “stop safely now” message and began to lose propulsion as driving. Unfortunately I was in moving traffic in heavy snow here in Michigan. I had to get over to the side and slid while the car was losing propulsion. I hit a curb and a pile of snow while losing propulsion, hurt my neck pretty good. As I tried to turn the vehicle back on I started getting multiple random codes. I assume it’s the (HVBJB) that they sent a recall OTA update for a few months back.
BUMMER!
and especially that you lost power in a dangerous situation, which actually caused injury. You specific case would be a good one to file as a complaint to NHTSA to see if this problem can be upgraded to a 'real' Recall instead of a 'software alert'.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/report-a-safety-problem#vehicle

1. Did you have the software update applied ? If so, your case is one to count against the effectivity of the software patch 'recall' in preventing unexpected loss of power with SSN Alert in stranding you is a dangerous situation AND resulting in Injury.

2. The resolution is pretty well known at this point:
- get the MME towed to your Dealership, hopefully by a towtruck that knows what they are doing and uses the correct winch points under the front bumper and in tow mode so they don't break anything.
- Dealer runs FDRS diagnostic tool, files DTC codes, and if its the HVBJB, they can order the replacement HVBJB via COPIS process, and probably get the part in less than a week.... assuming they are certified for EV service and have been training on this specific process, you'll be set.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE4X; 2004 Maserati Coupe GT
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
BUMMER!
and especially that you lost power in a dangerous situation, which actually caused injury. You specific case would be a good one to file as a complaint to NHTSA to see if this problem can be upgraded to a 'real' Recall instead of a 'software alert'.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/report-a-safety-problem#vehicle

1. Did you have the software update applied ? If so, your case is one to count against the effectivity of the software patch 'recall' in preventing unexpected loss of power with SSN Alert in stranding you is a dangerous situation AND resulting in Injury.

2. The resolution is pretty well known at this point:
- get the MME towed to your Dealership, hopefully by a towtruck that knows what they are doing and uses the correct winch points under the front bumper and in tow mode so they don't break anything.
- Dealer runs FDRS diagnostic tool, files DTC codes, and if its the HVBJB, they can order the replacement HVBJB via COPIS process, and probably get the part in less than a week.... assuming they are certified for EV service and have been training on this specific process, you'll be set.
I called Ford assistance and asked for a tow operator familiar with the vehicle. Turned out he wasn't. He had to tow it backwards on to the flatbed, the front wheels rolled, but he used plastic wedges under the back wheels. Pretty much just drug it onto the flatbed. Luckily, I googled how to get it in tow mode when it was bricked and was able to help them roll it "off" the flatbed at the dealership. My question is: what damage might they have done dragging it backwards on to the flatbed trailer? I noticed the wheels kept jerking as it was fighting the tow cable. Asking in case if I get it back and it starts driving funning if any of that can be attributed to the tow.

Thanks

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I called Ford assistance and asked for a tow operator familiar with the vehicle. Turned out he wasn't. He had to tow it backwards on to the flatbed, the front wheels rolled, but he used plastic wedges under the back wheels. Pretty much just drug it onto the flatbed. Luckily, I googled how to get it in tow mode when it was bricked and was able to help them roll it "off" the flatbed at the dealership. My question is: what damage might they have done dragging it backwards on to the flatbed trailer? I noticed the wheels kept jerking as it was fighting the tow cable. Asking in case if I get it back and it starts driving funning if any of that can be attributed to the tow.

Thanks
wedges, or rollers?
if they could not get it in neutral and fought the parking pawl, or parking brakes were 'set', the Dealership should check for damage, and probably check alignment.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE4X; 2004 Maserati Coupe GT
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
wedges, or rollers?
if they could not get it in neutral and fought the parking pawl, or parking brakes were 'set', the Dealership should check for damage, and probably check alignment.
He was pounding wedges under the tires.....when I asked them before they got to the vehicle if they could put it on what I call "skates", I was envisioning "rollers". I knew something was not right, but since they were the professionals, I stayed out of it. However, when we got to the dealership, I thought "how the heck" are they going to get it off the flat bed, if they had to drag it on?? So I googled how to get it in neutral and found out you could go into the menu on the touch screen and do an override. Thankfully. I will contact the dealership on Monday and as them to look to make sure it's driving normal. Thanks!

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag

Thanks
Where did they hook it? If they hooked it in the wrong spot they might have torn open your battery with all that force. See below:

mach-e-winch-points-png.png
Sponsored