Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Looking at these numbers, I'm seriously considering using my $3,000 "savings" to change my order from Premium ER RWD to Premium ER AWD.

Is it true I can do this up until Oct 15th without messing up my place in the queue?
Maybe but definitely the sooner the better
Sponsored

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Anyone think there is any chance that Ford is working on getting the GT to 3 seconds 0-60? The Model X does it in 2.6 seconds. If I read the specs right, MX has one horse per 8.7 pounds and the Mache GT has 9.6 pounds per horse.

Last edited:

JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
Anyone think there is any chance that Ford is working on getting the GT to 3 seconds 0-60? The Model X does it in 2.6 seconds. If I read the specs right, MX has one horse per 8.7 pounds and the Mache GT has 9.6 pounds per horse.
$100k vs $60k unlikely the GT will get there. There may be another version later to compete with under 3 seconds but probably going to be closer to $80k I'd guess

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
No.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Reactions: pb3

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Don't tease with the Shelby Version, your going to make me want to trade in the Mach E before I even take delivery if they announce that
Just dreaming. I have no insider information on this!

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
With the possible heat pump news from tonight, they clearly are still developing the GT. Hope that means power too.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Yea, I started with RWD with the reservation but went AWD "all in" on the order when I thought about the numbers.

Maybe but definitely the sooner the better

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
I really believe it is important that the GT at least meets the MY performance on acceleration. It would be huge to beat it. Look how many YouTube drag race videos there are of Tesla's beating almost all ICE vehicles. I realize acceleration is not terribly practical to the needs of a car, but Tesla has proven that electric vehicles can be fun to drive and all the party tricks and the top of the line acceleration makes them exciting and therefore talked about. (There will be YouTube videos of the MY racing the GT immediately after release)

I am sure Ford is a long ways from competing against the MS or Roadster for a production vehicle but you have to at least be faster than the slowest Tesla in my opinion.

I have never owned a Tesla and I have been waiting for a real auto maker like Ford to make something that competes. With what I am sure they have learned with the 1400, I think they should take a little time and juice up the GT just a little more than the current estimates. I am chomping at the bit to get my GT but a couple extra months to get it right will be worth it. I know there is some talk/hope of a Shelby version, I just think this first impression needs to really make a statement to put Ford on the path to be the leader in middle class auto purchases for speed like the Mustang has always been. The GT should be 3 seconds or better and a future Shelby closer to 2 seconds or better IMHO. Most will buy the cheaper versions but it is the headlines and the hype that gets buyers to the door and then they make a more practical decision on model choice.

(I don't disagree with the comment above that the performance edition probably needs a bigger price tag for more speed which Ford really has not announced yet)

Last edited:

Fraservet

First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW330D touring sport xdrive
Occupation
Veterinary surgeon
Country flag
Hi, sorry if this is a common question (I had a look but didn’t see an answer). The uk configurator lists most of the models as 7 seconds 0-60, apart from the basic one at 8 seconds - despite their being a significant bhp difference.
Am I right in thinking these are just placeholder times that haven’t been updated yet and the times will be as the USA ones for the different models or am I missing something?
5.1s on the awd extended version would be plenty for me, 7 is a bit slow (for what I am looking for) so I would need to wait for the GT.
Also (OT) is there any chance a brighter blue will be available again. Unfortunately missed the founders and would much prefer that sort of colour.

thanks

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Hi, sorry if this is a common question (I had a look but didn’t see an answer). The uk configurator lists most of the models as 7 seconds 0-60, apart from the basic one at 8 seconds - despite their being a significant bhp difference.
Am I right in thinking these are just placeholder times that haven’t been updated yet and the times will be as the USA ones for the different models or am I missing something?
5.1s on the awd extended version would be plenty for me, 7 is a bit slow (for what I am looking for) so I would need to wait for the GT.
Also (OT) is there any chance a brighter blue will be available again. Unfortunately missed the founders and would much prefer that sort of colour.

thanks
I would think those are placeholders. The US specs were recently updated. We know that the EU/UK versions will have some tuning differences than the US version, but I can't imagine the 0-60 would be all that different between the US and EU/UK versions.

I think the color choices are going to be what they are now. No indications of that changing for this model year.

US spec:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 0-60 MPH Times Updated on Ford Site 1602101845547

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I would think those are placeholders. The US specs were recently updated. We know that the EU/UK versions will have some tuning differences than the US version, but I can't imagine the 0-60 would be all that different between the US and EU/UK versions.

I think the color choices are going to be what they are now. No indications of that changing for this model year.

US spec:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 0-60 MPH Times Updated on Ford Site 1602101845547
Confirmed!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 0-60 MPH Times Updated on Ford Site Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 7.05.09 PM
Sponsored