Mach-E 0-60 Surprised we still don't have official numbers

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Ah, yeah. Thanks. I thought maybe Tesla bumped up the acceleration out of the box just to take some wind out of Ford's sails. Tesla did a couple of power increases for the Model 3 at no charge before the $2000 performance boost.

Model Y has more powerful motors and better tires than the AWD Premium ER so unfortunately, Ford can't go blow for blow against the Dual Motor LR.

The GT on the other hand? I think Ford Performance team is having a blast and I bet it'll be more than worth the wait.
Sponsored

Zandje

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat GTE, MME AWD TP+ Lucid Red (2021)
Country flag
Somewhere today, on an official Ford statement, I read the Premium Standard AWD 5.1s number was with roll-out
On the Dutch website the acceleration numbers are added from stand still. You have to add 0.8s for RWD and 0.7s for AWD (for non-GT models).

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Corvette Stingray, 2021 Mach E premium SR RWD
Country flag
For me, it’s more practical. I want the fast acceleration to help me yield onto the highway, or to pass other cars quickly and more efficiently.
I have a big ass Toyota Highlander that may do 0-60 in 7.5 seconds and I drive in Houston (terrible drivers) and have never felt worried about passing/merging etc...This is a safe space, you can be honest with us here ;)

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Pretty sure they just need to make more money before the quarter ends. They are also offering a $4k option for "enhanced autopilot" only until the end of this month.
Yes I believe with that $4K Autopilot upgrade you have the Park Assist, so add this $4K to the MY price tag and you get a better equipped MME.

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
Agreed. The Mustang Mach E beats all prior Mustangs. The Mach E GT should beat all prior GTs.
As a GT rez holder I am willing to meet the “not a Mustang” crowd halfway. The Mach E GT; a Mustang. Other Mach Es; not a Mustang. ?

...sorry, still bitter I have to wait almost a year to get mine.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Would be so great if the GT got close to 3 seconds but not sure how with tires skinnier than the performance MY. I am hoping they learned some things from the 1,400 that they can incorporate into the GT with the extra time they have before producing it. I think it would really generate some positive publicity if they can really juice it better than tesla.
On the subject of tires, this is an interesting article about EV tire technology. EV tire tech
It talks about the skinny tires and other issues with tires for EVs.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Just realized that this car will be quicker than the Ferrari's I always admired when I was a teen. Lamborghini, too. :cool:
You made me check : the Trans Am I drooled over as a teen were 0-60 in 7.0 sec.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
As a GT rez holder I am willing to meet the “not a Mustang” crowd halfway. The Mach E GT; a Mustang. Other Mach Es; not a Mustang. ?

...sorry, still bitter I have to wait almost a year to get mine.
so, it's a Mustangt or nothing?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
On a side note. How long will be it before someone figures out how to jailbreak a mache and make the 0 to 60 speed faster?
Take the 0 to 60 time for the slowest model MME. Use that number but change the units to days. Then figure out the square root of that.

That will be your answer. In hours.

You’re welcome.
Sponsored