Mach-E 0-60 Surprised we still don't have official numbers

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
You realize that makes the Mach E4X faster than any Ford Mustang except for the special performance models (GTs, Cobras, SVT, BOSS, Bullitt) right?
The 2020 Shelby GT-500 is either 3.7 or 3.6 depending upon your flavor. I really think the MME team needs to push the GT to 3.5 :p

#notamache
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The 2020 Shelby GT-500 is either 3.7 or 3.6 depending upon your flavor. I really think the MME team needs to push the GT to 3.5 :p

#notamache
Agreed. The Mustang Mach E beats all prior Mustangs. The Mach E GT should beat all prior GTs.

OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
You realize that makes the Mach E4X faster than any Ford Mustang except for the special performance models (GTs, Cobras, SVT, BOSS, Bullitt) right?
FAKE NE.... oh wait you're right. Sorry this 'ain't a Mustang' crowd!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Agreed. The Mustang Mach E beats all prior Mustangs. The Mach E GT should beat all prior GTs.
And actually Mark, I'm quite serious about that as well.

Something I learned in years of collective bargaining sessions with management teams: a joke often drives home a point and when it doesn't, sarcasm usually will. :)

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
1400 Mach E beats all other Mustangs?
Not a production mustang, so it doesn't really count. It will be very interesting if a stock performance GT MME does indeed outrun the V8's... the diehards would have to acknowledge that fact.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

#notamache
The Mach-E GT is going head to head against the Model Y Performance. It'll meet or beat the Tesla out of the box.
I would guess that Ford is building more potential performance gains into the GT so that they'll be able to keep pace or pull ahead of any marginal boosts that Tesla enables.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Does anybody know if Ford measures its 0 to 60 time with a 1-ft rollout?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The Mach-E GT is going head to head against the Model Y Performance. It'll meet or beat the Tesla out of the box.
I would guess that Ford is building more potential performance gains into the GT so that they'll be able to keep pace or pull ahead of any marginal boosts that Tesla enables.
Does anybody know if Ford measures its 0 to 60 time with a 1-ft rollout?
The officially stated European 0-100 kph included a 1-ft rollout. The new 4.8 second 0-60 number came to us with no announcement and no footnotes on the table to clarify.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
The officially stated European 0-100 kph included a 1-ft rollout. The new 4.8 second 0-60 number came to us with no announcement and no footnotes on the table to clarify.
Somewhere today, on an official Ford statement, I read the Premium Standard AWD 5.1s number was with roll-out

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Would be so great if the GT got close to 3 seconds but not sure how with tires skinnier than the performance MY. I am hoping they learned some things from the 1,400 that they can incorporate into the GT with the extra time they have before producing it. I think it would really generate some positive publicity if they can really juice it better than tesla.