eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
So.....this is cool and all, but whatever. It's a car the general public will never have the opportunity to own or see. I'd rather Ford spend their time and resources on being laser-focused on advancing and tweaking the ACTUAL Mach-E that is supposedly being delivered before the end of the year. I realize Ford can walk and chew gum at the same time, and there are likely different teams working on the 2 different projects, but still. I'd feel better if all the Mach-E attention was spent on ensuring a flawless and timely roll-out to consumers.
Good year gained its notoriety and fame from race tracks. Honda became renowned for its engines due to the race track.

in short racing is THE where most new ideas start and keep being tested. This Mach E will have parts put into the ones bought in the future. Here is my prediction.

fall 2020 the Mach E becomes the most talked about new car since the unveiling of the 1964 mustang.

2021 Bronco takes on the off road market and becomes the most talked about new car

2922 Mustang Mach E Shelby/Rousch versionshit the showroom and once again the Mach E becomes the most talked about car.

ford stocks will skyrocket over the next few years. You heard it here first.
Sponsored

Machemark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTI, Prius
Country flag
While nobody should have to come down in the morning and find vandalism due to the actions of a jealous minority :(. I think you'll be fine from real mustang owners, more likely to get the odd thumbs down about not purchasing a real mustang or put up with exuberant revving accompanied by an obnoxiously loud exhaust exhaust.

My main concern as always will be in car parks and others peoples careless inability to open car doors :(, naturally it all depends on opposing car door and the height but the mach-e has no door handles to help deflect the onslaught from the incompetent brigade.
In general I usually try and park far away from other cars; it helps get in some exercise.

But to your point I'm a bit worried about bad attention in general. When I owned a WRX everyone wanted to race and rev their engines and I'm over that (mostly) at this point in my life.

I just want to enjoy a cool car.

Machemark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTI, Prius
Country flag
Good year gained its notoriety and fame from race tracks. Honda became renowned for its engines due to the race track.

in short racing is THE where most new ideas start and keep being tested. This Mach E will have parts put into the ones bought in the future. Here is my prediction.

fall 2020 the Mach E becomes the most talked about new car since the unveiling of the 1964 mustang.

2021 Bronco takes on the off road market and becomes the most talked about new car

2922 Mustang Mach E Shelby/Rousch versionshit the showroom and once again the Mach E becomes the most talked about car.

ford stocks will skyrocket over the next few years. You heard it here first.
I love the new Bronco too. If I needed an off-road type vehicle, I'd consider it. I'd consider it more if it was an EV.

If the Mach E does well and Ford is able to lead the "legacy" US automakers in EV, and spread out the technology to their entire line-up I agree; the stock will skyrocket.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The backdrop of this announcement looks like Arizona. But it also looks like California, Nevada, etc... I was curious, so I did some inspection of the photos that Ford posted.

Based on file names -- yes, Arizona Proving Grounds.

Photographer -- various. Mostly unattributed, but some of the outdoor track shots are attributed to Larry Chen and some other outdoor shots to Louis Yio.

When? Finished product and track testing are mostly in late May. The body in white shot is from 8/27/2019. Assembly from that point continues on until at least mid-April, probably later.

Hey, Ford. Next time you're in Arizona, let us know! I would've gotten out of work and signed an NDA for an opportunity to see this. :)

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
Is that true? Or is it just because they have built-in dash cams we hear it about it more?
The model 3 specifically has been the target of vandalism, including my wife’s. The issue is that you can punch out the tiny rear side window and reach in to drop the seat down and look into the trunk. In they Bay Area especially, with all the tech companies, employees got used to putting their laptop bags and other items into their trunks to avoid break ins. The ease of looking into a model 3 trunk by breaking the window is what has lead to most of the vandals. Don’t want to get into CAs soft on crime issue. ?

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Wondering what the first event will be where they will demonstrate this vehicle (Nascar, etc...). Partly it's meant to introduce people to EV cars, because many people don't know anything about that.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The Mach-E 1400 is a brilliant piece of engineering and its marketing impact is huge. It shows off the performance capability of a variety of different race cars but in a single 4dr package. It literally screams like no other car before it and it looks like the kind of monster your neighbor's Camaro has nightmares about. As it makes appearances across the USA, gear heads are gonna take notice and the "it's not a Mustang" crowd will either rethink their attitudes or just look increasingly silly.

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
The Mach-E 1400 is a brilliant piece of engineering and its marketing impact is huge. It shows off the performance capability of a variety of different race cars but in a single 4dr package. It literally screams like no other car before it and it looks like the kind of monster your neighbor's Camaro has nightmares about. As it makes appearances across the USA, gear heads are gonna take notice and the "it's not a Mustang" crowd will either rethink their attitudes or just look increasingly silly.
Most importantly it allows us to gather with beer in hands to lift the hood in ritual and ogle. "Seven motors, huh? Yup, pancake style...Yup."

But if you want to stare at shrimp cocktails then I guess that's cool too.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Most importantly it allows us to gather with beer in hands to lift the hood in ritual and ogle. "Seven motors, huh? Yup, pancake style...Yup."

But if you want to stare at shrimp cocktails then I guess that's cool too.
Nope. No Frunk.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
How does that even work?

The seven motors are this guy:
https://www.yasa.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/YASA_P400_Product_Sheet.pdf

If you're interested in the details...
If @JamieGeek is correct, they used hub type motors which can be stacked horizontally like, as they said...pancakes.

We used electric hub motors when I was with the solar racing team in university. But we only had one, and we were going for efficiency not max power.
Sponsored