Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
All-Electric Mustang Mach-E 1400 to Star in this Weekend’s NASCAR Cup Series Broadcast

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 1400 Prototype Revealed with 1400 Peak Horsepower Mach-E 1400.JPG

NASCAR Cup Series Champion Joey Logano this week had a chance to feel the raw electric power of the one-of-a-kind Mustang Mach-E 1400 prototype along with Ford's famed drift star Vaughn Gittin Jr. at Ford’s Romeo Proving Grounds in Michigan.

Logano and Gittin were on-track to make a short film to showcase the Mustang Mach-E 1400 – developed in collaboration with Gittin’s RTR Vehicles – that will appear for the first time Saturday and Sunday during NBC's televised coverage of the NASCAR Cup Series races at Michigan International Speedway.

Projecting 1,400 peak horsepower and with seven motors, Logano experienced firsthand what a Ford Performance/RTR electric vehicle can do.

“It was so cool to get a chance to drive the Mustang Mach-E 1400,” Logano said. “With all-wheel drive it just launches at the start and you have so much power it’s crazy. The Ford Performance guys with Vaughn and his team have built something special.”

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I have the NBC HD channel on my local cable service, so I will record the event today at 4:00 PM and watch when the Mach-E appears. I do hope that Ford promotes this everywhere as much as possible, such that this EV can compete at NASCAR events next year. Then Ford must show the world that electrics can participate and will take over future racing events.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I have the NBC HD channel on my local cable service, so I will record the event today at 4:00 PM and watch when the Mach-E appears. I do hope that Ford promotes this everywhere as much as possible, such that this EV can compete at NASCAR events next year. Then Ford must show the world that electrics can participate and will take over future racing events.
I think it may be on NBCSN, not the local NBC affiliate. At least here, my NBC station will be showing hockey at that time. I just have an over-the-air antenna so I'll be looking for the video to appear online after it happens.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yes, it's NBCSN. Looks like they won't be showing the Michigan Speedway race until 5:00.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Remember Emma's concerns in this video with Ken Block from last year? Well here's a 180 for you! Not sure if they "hooned it" with her in the passenger seat, but the look on her face tells us how much fun she just had with Vaughn Gittin, Jr. :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 1400 Prototype Revealed with 1400 Peak Horsepower Ee7gdXEXsAAX-Ui

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 1400 Prototype Revealed with 1400 Peak Horsepower Ee7gdXEXoAEpZfb

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I discovered there are Ford folks posting Mach-E videos to Instagram without tags, making it hard for me to find them.

Check this particular one out... Flip over to the fifth video where the 1400 is sitting under a tent.

That’s what those military-grade speakers are for!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So it was a nice race to watch but the Mustang part was a big nothing. 30-60 seconds of paid product placement fluff about Joey Logano driving the Mach-E 1400 and a short canned segment of donuts. If you’ve watched any of these videos you’ve seen alot more.

it was nice to see a ”Mustang” win the race.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I haven't seen my recording yet, but I am bothered that an imported brand can run in a "North American" (the first initials of NASCAR) race. Seems that Toyota paid millons to allow ther cars to race. And as always, money talks more than nationalism. But I am extremely happy that Ford Mustangs won the two races at Michigan International Speedway during this weekend. I expect the Mach-E to compete in the near future, probaly in about five years., and win!

U.S. brands could never compete in Japan no matter how many millions of dollars they be paid!

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
I haven't seen my recording yet, but I am bothered that an imported brand can run in a "North American" (the first initials of NASCAR) race. Seems that Toyota paid millons to allow ther cars to race. And as always, money talks more than nationalism. But I am extremely happy that Ford Mustangs won the two races at Michigan International Speedway during this weekend. I expect the Mach-E to compete in the near future, probaly in about five years., and win!

U.S. brands could never compete in Japan no matter how many millions of dollars they be paid!
National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing