Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Working on installing the Steeda rear sway bar on my GT, non-PE and since I couldn't find how much the stock wheels weigh, I figured I ought to chuck a wheel on a scale. 61.1 lbs with the tire. I only have 800 miles on the car so the stock tire weight of 27lbs is a fairly good weight to go by for the stock tire. That gives us 34.1 lbs for the GT non-PE cast wheel.

@phidauex would you be so kind as to update the table in the OP with this info so others can find it please?

20220917_212750.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
phidauex

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
MICHELIN X-ICE SNOW 225/55R19 103TXL

what would be the ideal rims(size) for the above tires? thank you
Just about any 19" x 7.0" or 7.5" would be a good fit for those tires. Offset should be near, or slightly less than stock (47.5mm), and naturally the bolt pattern and bore need to match. Browse the aftermarket wheels sticky thread (next to this thread) for inspiration!

aman27

First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e Space White
Country flag
Im interested in a staggered setup for my Select. Im thinking of 22s has anyone tried this setup? Any guidance in terms of tire sizes etc? I think my tire guy said he would go with 295s in the back

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023Mach-E Premium AWD-ER Vapor Blue Metallic
Occupation
Marine/Software Engineer
Country flag
Does anyone know if these specs carried over to the 2023 model year? I have a 2023 Premium AWD-ER on order and I plan to do down an inch in diameter from the 19” factory wheels to an 18” aftermarket wheel to gain a little more range.

is there anyway to confirm that these specs remain? I doubt the bolt pattern would change, mainly concerned with hub bore and offset.

OP
OP
phidauex

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Does anyone know if these specs carried over to the 2023 model year? I have a 2023 Premium AWD-ER on order and I plan to do down an inch in diameter from the 19” factory wheels to an 18” aftermarket wheel to gain a little more range.

is there anyway to confirm that these specs remain? I doubt the bolt pattern would change, mainly concerned with hub bore and offset.
I wouldn’t say I know 100%, but there have been NO indications of mechanical changes or even different wheel styles so I am quite confident that these will apply to ‘23 models.

nIceWhite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Ice White
Country flag
Would anyone mind giving me their fitment thoughts on the Rotiform KB1 wheels?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 2021/22 Wheel Sizes, Bolt Patterns, Offset, Center Bore, Load Rating, GVWR [Table] 1679331942751

It looks like it only comes in a 19x8.5 with 42mm offset. The bore is bigger and it's a 1600lb rating.

Using the link earlier in this thread I put in these configs (not sure it's accurate)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 2021/22 Wheel Sizes, Bolt Patterns, Offset, Center Bore, Load Rating, GVWR [Table] 1679331832637

Would it work? I've got an "ice white" edition Premium AWD ER and I like the thought of white-on-white.

Here's my crude PowerPoint-Photoshop visualization:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 2021/22 Wheel Sizes, Bolt Patterns, Offset, Center Bore, Load Rating, GVWR [Table] 1679331911801

Are these wheels even an option??

OP
OP
phidauex

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Would anyone mind giving me their fitment thoughts on the Rotiform KB1 wheels?

It looks like it only comes in a 19x8.5 with 42mm offset. The bore is bigger and it's a 1600lb rating.

Using the link earlier in this thread I put in these configs (not sure it's accurate)

Would it work? I've got an "ice white" edition Premium AWD ER and I like the thought of white-on-white.
I think it probably would work. Always a bit of a gamble being the first one, but the clearances look ok in the 8.5" width, and people have definitely gone wider and closer. For the different bore size, get a set of plastic "centering rings" with the OD of your wheels bore and an ID of 63.4mm (or 64mm). It isn't structural, but does have to slide smoothly, which is why the plastic ones are better than the aluminum ones in my opinion.

There is also a good chance you'll need new lug nuts.

Cole9959

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
It isn't easy, and it is good to have a trusted tire shop work with you on the details. However, in short:

• Wheel diameter - can be same size or larger. You can often, but not always go down one size (in this case 18" should be fine, 17" is unknown)
  • Wheel width - same width is easy, 8" is probably fine, 9"+ would require some careful measurements, unknown.
  • Bolt pattern - has to be the same.
  • Center bore - the same is ideal, can be larger with shims, cannot be smaller.
  • Offset - If the wheel is the same width, then the offset should be the same, or within 5mm or so. If the wheel is wider, then the offset has to get larger, usually by ~ 1/2 of the change in width. This gets tricky fast, calculators like wheel-size.com are helpful here.
  • Load rating - has to be larger than 1/2 of the heaviest GAWR (Gross Axle Weight Rating). This may be tricky since that will put you > 1650 lbs, which is a higher rating than many aftermarket wheels get.
Hope that helps.
Great info.

I’m getting quotes from OK tire in Canada because I have a work arrangement with them. They said their system is telling them I can fit 17 and 18” rims on a GTPE. I confirmed the guy was using GT and he went through it again with me and selected GT in their systems.

Could he be right that 17” rims will fit on a GTPE?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Great info.

I’m getting quotes from OK tire in Canada because I have a work arrangement with them. They said their system is telling them I can fit 17 and 18” rims on a GTPE. I confirmed the guy was using GT and he went through it again with me and selected GT in their systems.

No. 17" diameter wheels will absolutely not fit a GT-PE. The smallest diameter wheel that will fit a GT-PE is 19", and only a select few of those. The GT-PE has 385mm front rotors with a large 4-piston caliper suspended over them. If he was using the regular US-spec GT, then yes 18" wheels fit and maybe some 17" wheels because it has the same brakes on it that the other trim levels do. I am unsure if Ford Canada has the GT and GT-PE differentiation like the US does or if they followed suit with the rest of the world and only have a GT (which is the GT-PE in the US). 🤷‍♂️🐩

OP
OP
phidauex

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Great info.

Yeah, as @HuntingPudel said, there is no way a 17" is fitting on a GT-PE, or any Mach-E for that matter. I have 18s, and they clear the rotor by less than 1/4" - you'd need an amazingly thin wall 17" wheel to make that work, and I'm not aware of a single instance of it working.

For the 18", that will fit on the standard MachE trims, and the US GT (non-PE), which has the same brake size as the rest of the trims. Not every 18" will fit, but most appear to.

For the GT-PE with the larger rotors, 19" will be the practical minimum.

Cole9959

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Yeah, as @HuntingPudel said, there is no way a 17" is fitting on a GT-PE, or any Mach-E for that matter. I have 18s, and they clear the rotor by less than 1/4" - you'd need an amazingly thin wall 17" wheel to make that work, and I'm not aware of a single instance of it working.

For the 18", that will fit on the standard MachE trims, and the US GT (non-PE), which has the same brake size as the rest of the trims. Not every 18" will fit, but most appear to.

For the GT-PE with the larger rotors, 19" will be the practical minimum.
Thanks! I know very little about rims and it seems the dealers and tire places are not far off. Mostly just relying on their systems.

I agree, 19in does appear to be the practical minimum.

canmachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Select AWD SR,
Country flag
Here's another one to add to the list. I bought a dealer demo and they put Ford Escape rims on it for what ever reason but I like the look better than the stock Select rims. They weigh in at 53.3 lbs. with the stock Michelin tires.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 2021/22 Wheel Sizes, Bolt Patterns, Offset, Center Bore, Load Rating, GVWR [Table] IMG_2514

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Great info. Assuming 38mm for GT, wheels could stick out about an inch more than other editions. Hopefully they will feature 245+ tires to really give it a more aggressive stance.
I mounted 20x9 MRR Wheels, with a 35mm offset, with 275x40 tires. Clearance was VERY tight...I had to use gaffer tape to pull the felt wheel-well liner in closer to the metal on the inner side.
Sponsored