Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Mine does say 18x7, but that just seems low based on what I could measure. Those rims must be pretty thick along the edges.
Thank you for checking that, and also measuring earlier! That does seem odd, yeah. Also surprising the a couple places online also show it at 8". Trust but verify I guess...
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Mine does say 18x7, but that just seems low based on what I could measure. Those rims must be pretty thick along the edges.
Yes, you can't really measure it properly unless you take the tire off the wheel. It goes by the inside dimension:

Width-and-Diameter-Chart-1024x843.png

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The tire pressure that is on the car’s sticker is the pressure at which the maximum load rating is valid for the OE tire/wheel combination. It is not your normal running pressure. Your normal running pressure will be something below the number on the sticker, depending on temperature, load, etc.

Mach-Tony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Grey Premium AWD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
The tire pressure that is on the car’s sticker is the pressure at which the maximum load rating is valid for the OE tire/wheel combination. It is not your normal running pressure. Your normal running pressure will be something below the number on the sticker, depending on temperature, load, etc.
I was just at the shop and their notes say "inflate tires to MFR spec of 39 psi" for their to-dos. So are you saying that they are overinflating?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Probably a little, unless your MME is at its max GVWR.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I was just at the shop and their notes say "inflate tires to MFR spec of 39 psi" for their to-dos. So are you saying that they are overinflating?
Inflating to the door sticker psi is standard practice, I wouldn't call that overinflating.

What HuntingPudel is getting at is that the door sticker pressures are what's required when the car is at maximum load (GVWR). If you're not at max load then you don't need as much pressure. Most people have no idea to think of inflating or deflating their tires every time they carry extra people or a load, so it's a good practice to just inflate to the sticker pressure for max load and not worry about it further. It's 100% safe to inflate to the door sticker psi though (checked cold of course).

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yes, you can't really measure it properly unless you take the tire off the wheel. It goes by the inside dimension:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 2021/22 Wheel Sizes, Bolt Patterns, Offset, Center Bore, Load Rating, GVWR [Table] Width-and-Diameter-Chart-1024x843
I understand how it is specified. I measured just under 9 inches from outside to outside of the rim. 7 inches inside is a big difference, and that picture is obviously not scaled like the actual wheels on my car.

Reactions: Nav
OP
OP
phidauex

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Updated w/ GT PE tire specs, some suspected info on Summer Tires option.

EDIT: Regarding widths, I suppose all of Fords documentation could be wrong, but I suspect it is just that these rims have very thick bead seats. I think “J” profile beads are at least half an inch thick and can be thicker. Will be interesting when someone measures with the tire off.

Regarding pressures, the door sticker pressure is a totally reasonable pressure for this car - these tires are all “XL / Extra Load” tires which are so labeled because they get a higher load rating at higher pressures. 39psi seems high, but it is because the tire is of a different design than most cars. You can experiment with a bit higher or lower depending on conditions, but I wouldn’t go to the 30/32 psi used on your last car because that would be way too low for the XL rated tires.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nav

AButtonMasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
This information is awesome. Thank you for aggregating all of this together. One question. Wheel caps size? I want to track down black ones for GTPE wheels for when the damn car gets here.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Inflating to the door sticker psi is standard practice, I wouldn't call that overinflating.
Most people have no idea to think of inflating or deflating their tires every time they carry extra people or a load,
I can see it now. You are taking some people at work out to lunch and look at the "big" girl and make some comment about tire inflation....yeah, that's going to work out well. LOL

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag

sharkcom

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Yeah i ordered my GTPE back in May. I am replacing the wheels and tires asap. Hoping to get a clean swap as soon as i pick up the car but I haven't ordered my new wheels yet because no one seems to know the offset on the GTPE. They will most likely be going up for sale as soon as I get my car!!!
I would be interested in buying your GTPE wheels as well so please message me when you get it. What is your delivery date?

Dear1nc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Country flag
I would be interested in buying your GTPE wheels as well so please message me when you get it. What is your delivery date?
Unfortunately I don’t even have a build date yet! Something about the allocation in my area. It’s absolutely ridiculous!

sharkcom

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Unfortunately I don’t even have a build date yet! Something about the allocation in my area. It’s absolutely ridiculous!
Ugh! Sorry to hear but hopefully you will soon.

Mach 5e

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Wow, so much info yet very little definitive on a wider wheel on a non GT.

I have the Premium with 19x7's I live in Honolulu and the roads are terrible and slow so I want to go 18x8 with a 245-45-18. for more sidewall and tread width. The load @ 1764 lbs. is adequate.

I'm assuming: Rotiform Forged 18x8's ~ 45mm offset (should not cause any clearance issues) and a 245 tire with the same 26.6" O.D.

Any first hand knowledge or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Devon
Sponsored