JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Might be interesting to read that thread. Hard to imagine anyone thinking they would be under sized since they wouldn't be the primary braking method any longer. I mean, the owners manual isnt even going to put pad replacement on the maintenance schedule. All it is going to say is "check brake pads for wear" every so often. Those things might last 100k miles or longer on these cars.
It would be great if they last that long but curious why break pads wont be primary braking method - you thinking the regen plays a big role? just curious
Sponsored

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
It would be great if they last that long but curious why break pads wont be primary braking method - you thinking the regen plays a big role? just curious
Absolutely. Five cars, one brake job in the past 13 years on a 2012 Fiesta. Hybrids and EV’s - 0. Total miles 466,000.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Absolutely. Five cars, one brake job in the past 13 years on a 2012 Fiesta. Hybrids and EV’s - 0. Total miles 466,000.
My worse was a VW Passt from 1997 - man that thing required full break job every 20K miles, pads, rotors etc - could not wait to get rid of it on top of the electrical issues

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My worse was a VW Passt from 1997 - man that thing required full break job every 20K miles, pads, rotors etc - could not wait to get rid of it on top of the electrical issues
Sounds like an accord i had. The dealer and i cane to an arrangement after the third set. I paid labor, he covered parts for the the next three til I dumped the car.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Majority of the deceleration is accomplished via regen. If you use the on board tips and coaching tools that Ford provides then your friction brakes might not blend in until the last 6-10 feet of stopping distance. Like 5mph down to zero.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Majority of the deceleration is accomplished via regen. If you use the on board tips and coaching tools that Ford provides then your friction brakes might not blend in until the last 6-10 feet of stopping distance. Like 5mph down to zero.
Thanks for that explanation

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And in reverse. No regen in reverse.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Agree that social isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. But taking a different view, maybe they know we’re sold already and building more awareness and buzz with others? Social marketing has been a big push from the start with this launch. Don’t see that changing anytime soon.
I know. I think I realized about 5 years ago that the world doesnt belong to my demographic any more. We had a good run though. :)

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
And in reverse. No regen in reverse.
Interesting question. Never thought about it but there isnt any reason that regen can't function in reverse. All that is needed is enough speed for the windings to generate enough voltage to build a magnetic field. Usually is about 3-5 mph or so. That is why all EVs use their friction brakes even though some owners think it isnt happening. They just arent aware of it. The magnetic field collapses at very slow speed so regen dies out at that point.

JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
I hope not to offend anyone here but it kind of saddens me that the Mach E is getting compared so much to the Fiesta, C-Max, and FFE. I really didn't expect these vehicles to be in the conversation when talking about the Mach E. I would think the Mach E would be way sportier, luxurious, and hi-tech than any of these vehicles.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I hope not to offend anyone here but it kind of saddens me that the Mach E is getting compared so much to the Fiesta, C-Max, and FFE. I really didn't expect these vehicles to be in the conversation when talking about the Mach E. I would think the Mach E would be way sportier, luxurious, and hi-tech than any of these vehicles.
It is.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
It is a higher class vehicle - the comparisons exist here primarily to give a sense of features/dimensions etc as everyone ordered the MME sight unseen - and only through these roadshows a few have been able to see them in person and provide some comparative details

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Yeah. It is.

It's enough sportier, more luxurious, and hi-tech that some of us miserly Fiesta owners were convinced to replace a perfectly workable commuter tin can with a brand new luxury expense that is valued approximately 10x more than said party-hatcher.

And yet it's neither pretentious nor do I expect high ongoing costs of ownership.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Uh, I wasn't comparing the MME to the Fiesta. That would definitely be apples and oranges. I was simply saying that in 13 years the only car I did a brake job on was an ICE. Sorry for the confusion.
Sponsored