EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
Wow. Look at those tire pressures. 15 psi more than any car I've owned.
That's what my Model 3 tires are filled to.

C-Max is 38. I assume heavier the car, heavier the pressure???
While true that tire pressure trends with gross weight,I presume these are filled for efficiency.

My F-150 tires are also 35PSI, despite the truck weighing 20% more than the sedan.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
I run 40 psi in the OEM tires on our Leaf SL Plus. Factory says to run at 38 I think.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I get that the tires on EVs are run at higher pressure to reduce rolling resistance (ie improve range), but I'm concerned about two of the likely outcomes:

1) The ride is a bit harsher due to the increased tire stiffness, and
2) The resulting reduced tire footprint and increased stiffness will negatively impact road "grip" , especially in wet, icy and snowy conditions.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
This year would have been the 70th Annual Arizona Treasure Hunt if not for the covid. It's traditionally held on a Saturday sometime between now and mid-November.

Let's honor the Hunt with a search for a Star White Mustang Mach-E tomorrow.

(Hint: check Ford dealerships in the southeast valley, perhaps near a San Tan 202 exit.)

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
I get that the tires on EVs are run at higher pressure to reduce rolling resistance (ie improve range), but I'm concerned about two of the likely outcomes:

2) The resulting reduced tire footprint and increased stiffness will negatively impact road "grip" , especially in wet, icy and snowy conditions.
You don't have to run them at that pressure. 30PSI is certainly a little grippier and more comfortable.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Remember, the vehicle weighs more so both items of concern are resolved due to the heavier vehicle. The ride should be great and grip much better than you expect in inclement weather.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Just found our lone storm trooper on Instagram. It was visiting Sanderson Ford today.

Can't wait to see it and meet some of you at San Tan tomorrow. I'll be the shy introvert. So watch out!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 4x (Star White / Gray Interior) sighted at Phoenix dealership, with a look at range figures 121659929_806187996849462_1103614408632832500_n

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 4x (Star White / Gray Interior) sighted at Phoenix dealership, with a look at range figures 121659929_806187996849462_1103614408632832500_n
I will be at San Tan around 3 PM with my FFE.

Glad to see the car is making its rounds around town. That is pretty cool....

Evermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
I just stopped by San Tan Ford. The car is around the (south? I think?) side and sounds like it will be there for a while. Appointments set up in half hour blocks to come see it, but they'll let anyone look at it.

I took a few pics, maybe not much new that others haven't seen, but included below.

A few thoughts:
  • Finding the car info screen wasn't easy. I never really did find a one stop place to see how much charge was left, how much mileage was remaining, etc. I'm sure it's there, but it wasn't intuitive in how to find it. Was searching for a giant "Car Info" button like the Prius has to give me all the info I needed on one screen but alas.
  • I liked the door handle thing. I am a big fan of clean lines and was a bit nervous about this odd handle thing they added in. Turns out it's nice. The back door doesn't have one, so the kids have to grab the car door with their grubby hands to open it. The front door does have it and it makes it really nice and easy to open
    • The doors are heavier than I was expecting...
  • The sound system is REALLY nice. They had some light EDM playing, not too loud but loud enough and it sounded great. The sub in the back produced a great amount of bass.
  • The back seat is roomier than I was imagining
  • Same with the cargo area. Opening the hatch, and it had more room than I was expecting.
  • The divider tray is installed in the front, but as people noted, looks like it's held in with 2 screws and can be removed.
  • No problem getting in and out, but I'm 5'10".
  • Seats were comfy. Rented a Subaru Outback on our trip last week and those seats were hard as a rock. These were nice and comfy.
  • It's a sharp looking car. Looks really nice from all angles.
  • There's an odd sensor thing that expands all the way across the steering wheel. My assumption is that this isn't for a display, but holds eye sight sensors to ensure you aren't asleep and eyes on the road during autopilot?
  • The door handles to exit the car are pretty neat. Not the standard handle you have in every other car.
  • I've never had a car with a kick-to-open liftgate, but think I'm really going to like it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 4x (Star White / Gray Interior) sighted at Phoenix dealership, with a look at range figures Front
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 4x (Star White / Gray Interior) sighted at Phoenix dealership, with a look at range figures Back
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 4x (Star White / Gray Interior) sighted at Phoenix dealership, with a look at range figures Dash
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 4x (Star White / Gray Interior) sighted at Phoenix dealership, with a look at range figures Screen
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 4x (Star White / Gray Interior) sighted at Phoenix dealership, with a look at range figures Interior

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
That's actually quite interesting. 24% on air and accessories, whatever accessories are. Seems kinda high to me, but maybe people have been playing around with it.

By the way, the screen looks bright and sharp and has a nice white balance.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
  • There's an odd sensor thing that expands all the way across the steering wheel. My assumption is that this isn't for a display, but holds eye sight sensors to ensure you aren't asleep and eyes on the road during autopilot?
That's exactly what its for. Driver monitoring while using the hands-free driving feature.

• I've never had a car with a kick-to-open liftgate, but think I'm really going to like it.
Love it on my C-Max.

Evermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
That's actually quite interesting. 24% on air and accessories, whatever accessories are. Seems kinda high to me.
Yeah, they had it plugged in and pretty low charge (30%-ish). My guess is that it has been sitting in the sun running AC and stereo at all these stops, so probably consuming a lot of power for those things. Car is "On" and consuming a lot of battery but not driving..

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
That's actually quite interesting. 24% on air and accessories, whatever accessories are. Seems kinda high to me, but maybe people have been playing around with it.
Probably a good portion of that trip is sitting in the parking lot with the A/C on, and people playing with all the buttons for several hours a day.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
But the bigger point: I really like that screen; the previous rendition of that just showed bars without cardinal values, which was useless IMHO.
Sponsored