Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Very impressed with the car. If Tesla held the EV bar......it belongs to Ford now. Seriously, I dont even think it's close really. I would say the Mach E and iPace are in a league of their own when it comes to workmanship and comfort. Rear seats feel great as well as the front seats.

Exterior dimension might be the same as our C-Max but there is much more room inside. I am surprised how wide the car is.

Going back again for a nighttime viewing. I have to see how well the headlamps work and the puddle light thingy...

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
+ The cell phone charging area seemed big enough for almost all phones. If you want, you can take that little rubber mat out for cleaning or if your phone is too big.
That also means you could make a DIY MagSafe with some magnets out magnetic tape behind the mat.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I get that the tires on EVs are run at higher pressure to reduce rolling resistance (ie improve range), but I'm concerned about two of the likely outcomes:

1) The ride is a bit harsher due to the increased tire stiffness, and
2) The resulting reduced tire footprint and increased stiffness will negatively impact road "grip" , especially in wet, icy and snowy conditions.
The smaller footprint will apply more pressure and down force to the wet surface, breaking the lubricate properties of water and allowing more friction. For ice and snow, you need even more friction, hence a rougher tread.

I expect the suspension to be softer or adjustable to compensate for the stiffer tires.

Evermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
Question: Did you like the way the doors opened from the outside? Did the doors pop open enough?
I agree with what the others have said. The door opening system was quite nice. Doors definitely opened enough on the front (which isn’t really necessary since there’s the handle), and just fine in the back too. The button is nice.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I expect the suspension to be softer or adjustable to compensate for the stiffer tires.
Hope so. That's another one of those "Sports car vs SUV" battles with the Mach-E that I hope leans more SUV than sports car. Or actually more luxury car. Not super soft, but soft enough.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Hope so. That's another one of those "Sports car vs SUV" battles with the Mach-E that I hope leans more SUV than sports car. Or actually more luxury car. Not super soft, but soft enough.
You are going to be very happy with the ride.

If I had to find something to nitpick about is the sill height. The foot wells are deeper than our FFE and C-Max so my feet didnt clear the sills when exiting the vehicle. Only happened once though and then after that I guess my body adjusted to it. I think others had the same issue because there were a lot of dirt and scuff marks on the sill.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I agree with what the others have said. The door opening system was quite nice. Doors definitely opened enough on the front (which isn’t really necessary since there’s the handle), and just fine in the back too. The button is nice.
Agree. I spent several hours with the car today split up into two visits (day and night). By the second visit the door button and operation just felt natural. When my wife and I got back to the FFE to go home, we felt like door handles are so 20th century. :)

My wife LOVED the car. She said she is so happy that I talked her out of a Model Y and now she is looking forward to her Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue with light space grey interior. Hers should be ready by summer 2021 we think...

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You are going to be very happy with the ride.

If I had to find something to nitpick about is the sill height. The foot wells are deeper than our FFE and C-Max so my feet didnt clear the sills when exiting the vehicle. Only happened once though and then after that I guess my body adjusted to it. I think others had the same issue because there were a lot of dirt and scuff marks on the sill.
Which is odd because with the thick battery pack in the floor, I'd have thought the floor would be higher and thus a short sill lip.

Maybe it's a structural thing, meaning with the floor being the battery, there's not as much structural strength there, so the frame edges are taller to bolster the structural strength?

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Totally agree with this. There are A LOT of options at the $50k price level and can’t really think of any other car I’d rather own at this point. It looked and felt very nice.
I agree with your agree. :)

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Which is odd because with the thick battery pack in the floor, I'd have thought the floor would be higher and thus a short sill lip.

Maybe it's a structural thing, meaning with the floor being the battery, there's not as much structural strength there, so the frame edges are taller to bolster the structural strength?
I think the battery might only extend to the forward edge of the front seats. The foot wells for the front passengers seem to be in "battery space" if that makes any sense.
The rear egress doesnt have that same issue. Just the front passengers. The front door opening is huge front to back....

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Just found our lone storm trooper on Instagram. It was visiting Sanderson Ford today.

Can't wait to see it and meet some of you at San Tan tomorrow. I'll be the shy introvert. So watch out!

121706842_259006128871666_996362410712868871_n.jpg

121659929_806187996849462_1103614408632832500_n.jpg
That car gets better looking with every picture I see!

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Every single person that walked up to the car said that internet and pictures dont do it justice. It looks spectacular in person.....in any color I bet. The dealership employees would come out and just stare at the car every chance they got.

I examined it for a few hours and the more I looked at it the more cool and interesting things I discovered.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
It does. I also agree with your assessment about the Frunk in another thread (I think). I can easily see it becoming the primary grocery holder on local runs and a possible icebox on the runs to Costco or Safeway (about an hour drive at the speed limit, which obviously we will all do in this car).
Sponsored