First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Hmm, that looks like it's from a builtin electronic owner's manual??? If so, we need more pages!
Yeah I really wanted to sit there all day and read it. But the sharks were circling, and my order is with a different dealer.
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I understand it as Drive and Low behave equivalently while in 1-pedal mode. There is no reason to switch to Low while in 1PD.
Yeah - makes sense

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Thanks for the details - very helpful. My ideal size preference would be similar to Ford Edge (I really liked the Edge and had it for 10 years) but this size being closer to the Escape would do too - as you said - smaller is better in some ways .
It is lower to the ground than the escape I think. This is NOT an SUV (despite what the EPA is making them sell it as). It is a cross-over.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hmm, that looks like it's from a builtin electronic owner's manual??? If so, we need more pages!
Almost all things have a little "i" that tells you what that thing does. But you can also just go to the manual and search it.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Frunk was difficult to close. Have to push down pretty hard. The salesman was told it is a preproduction car and stuff like that might be different in production. It has the frunk dividers though, so can't have been built too terribly long ago.
It is a trade off... if you make the frunk airtight, no dust gets in, but closing force is higher. You are compressing the air in there when you close the hood. There is a small vent to help. Tesla chose the no seal route.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
This handsome fellow is 5'10" (1.78m) on a low back pain day (not today).

Oh, check out that rad shirt!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 4x (Star White / Gray Interior) sighted at Phoenix dealership, with a look at range figures PXL_20201017_223214982.MP
Question: Did you like the way the doors opened from the outside? Did the doors pop open enough?

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
It is lower to the ground than the escape I think. This is NOT an SUV (despite what the EPA is making them sell it as). It is a cross-over.
It's like our CMax, @zhackwyatt. Inside, it's no different from an SUV. Outside, it's certainly not.

My ideal size preference would be similar to Ford Edge (I really liked the Edge and had it for 10 years) but this size being closer to the Escape would do too - as you said - smaller is better in some ways .
When I drove a rental Edge, I found the vertical space for the driver is smaller than Escape/CMax. Maybe it's just me? (I'm 6'1" and prefer to sit relatively upright when driving.)

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's like our CMax, @zhackwyatt. Inside, it's no different from an SUV. Outside, it's certainly not.

When I drove a rental Edge, I found the vertical space for the driver is smaller than Escape/CMax. Maybe it's just me? (I'm 6'1" and prefer to sit relatively upright when driving.)
Yeah, and the stupid dealer wouldn't let me drive all their other cars over to compare. They were just sitting there being unused. ?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Last upload post... Here's the car moving in drive and reverse. Standing there, I could barely hear anything at all. The beeping during reverse was most easily heard, but still not very loud.

There was background noise though (building HVACs).

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Question: Did you like the way the doors opened from the outside? Did the doors pop open enough?
Yeah. Thank you, meant to mention but forgot.

The door mechanisms were FANTASTIC. Better than I expected.

The outside circles are push buttons (not touch pads), but you only have to push them in lightly and it feels nice, too. They have a lit circle around them.

The doors open out a reasonable amount and it's a fluid pull with your hand.. really quite seamless.

The inside door handles are surprisingly nice. They feel excellent and stay hidden away inside the arm rests. Pretty nice!

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
I just got back from seeing it. Had about 45-mins with it to sit in and play with buttons. Couldn't ride in it and I couldn't convince anyone to help me steal it. I guess grand-theft auto is a felony, I don't know. Anyway, here are my stream of conscious notes:

+ This car is very well-built with a premium feel.
+ Touchscreen is very responsive
+ Lots of room in both the front and rear seats of the interior, more than my C-Max. Cargo area as well.
+ The cell phone charging area seemed big enough for almost all phones. If you want, you can take that little rubber mat out for cleaning or if your phone is too big.
+ When putting in nav destinations, it will automatically add chargers if needed (this is an option).
+ Seats are more comfortable than my C-Max.
+ Lots of different settings and configuration options.
+ Passenger seat is also power adjustable
+ Door handles are very nice. I actually prefer it over any other car's handles. It's effortless and I think easier to use when hands are full.
+ A few lights on the rear lift gate pointing at you and into the car when opened. They have little pony's too!
+ @macchiaz-o took a picture of the center screen describing what L does, I'll let him post it.
+ You could zoom into each individual camera on the display.
* It's an extended range AWD premium, showing 268 miles of range.
* I didn't see any Aux or line-in connector anywhere
* Top glass was warm to the hand to touch but I didn't feel heat radiate through it. Although the sun wasn't beating in to it either.
- Rear visibility is not great although rear headrests are removable.
- It has dimples in the front to help align a front-license plate holder, which I don't need in Arizona. More of an OCD issue really.
- Cover was missing on the front cam washer. Not sure if it was broken by someone or it's supposed to be that way, but looked sort of odd close-up.
? For some reason the horn honked every time the door was shut. My C-Max will do that if the key is not inside but only when the last door is shut. Not sure if that is some sort of setting or what.
? Plotted a trip to Disneyland in the Nav system and it automatically added L2 chargers. I don't know if there was some setting that said it preferred L2 over L3 or what the deal was. There are tons of options and didn't get a chance to peruse them all.
Thanks for all that detail!

Subjectively, did it meet your expectations?