Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I think the battery might only extend to the forward edge of the front seats. The foot wells for the front passengers seem to be in "battery space" if that makes any sense.
The rear egress doesnt have that same issue. Just the front passengers. The front door opening is huge front to back....
And now that I think about......I bet that is why it feels more like an full size truck\ SUV than a sedan when sitting up front.
Sponsored

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
...The dealership employees would come out and just stare at the car every chance they got.
That's one of the things I noticed in the photos - the number of employees looking at the car with big smiles. Same with the factory employee pics. Clearly a lot of excitement and pride. Exactly what I want to see from the people building and handling my car.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I am pretty sure the Mach E is in town for the Barrett-Jackson event next weekend. Only has about 250 miles on it so it was shipped out here ahead of the PR and Marketing team most likely. I got the impression that my dealership was tasked with storing the vehicle until it can be set up at the vendor display area in Scottsdale. Makes sense.....I got to see the order screen for my dealer. He has 26 of these on order and 9 more reservation holders yet to convert. Most are waiting for the GT but the non GT hold outs converted today.

I saw my FE had been scheduled and I now understand why my dealer expects it to be the first customer car to arrive at his facility.

This dealer ship is planning to install 5 more L2 stations and 2 new DCFC stations. I thought that was interesting.

The brake calipers are a work of art. The castings are clean and machine work excellent. Hardly anyone would ever notice but I geek out on stuff like that. At least 2 pistons....maybe 4. Cool stuff

For those that saw the car today.....Did anyone notice the large Ford oval on the exterior of the vehicle?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 4x (Star White / Gray Interior) sighted at Phoenix dealership, with a look at range figures 20201017_201940

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 4x (Star White / Gray Interior) sighted at Phoenix dealership, with a look at range figures 20201017_201800

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I am pretty sure the Mach E is in town for the Barrett-Jackson event next weekend. Only has about 250 miles on it so it was shipped out here ahead of the PR and Marketing team most likely. I got the impression that my dealership was tasked with storing the vehicle until it can be set up at the vendor display area in Scottsdale. Makes sense.....I got to see the order screen for my dealer. He has 26 of these on order and 9 more reservation holders yet to convert. Most are waiting for the GT but the non GT hold outs converted today.

I saw my FE had been scheduled and I now understand why my dealer expects it to be the first customer car to arrive at his facility.

This dealer ship is planning to install 5 more L2 stations and 2 new DCFC stations. I thought that was interesting.

The brake calipers are a work of art. The castings are clean and machine work excellent. Hardly anyone would ever notice but I geek out on stuff like that. At least 2 pistons....maybe 4. Cool stuff

For those that saw the car today.....Did anyone notice the large Ford oval on the exterior of the vehicle?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 4x (Star White / Gray Interior) sighted at Phoenix dealership, with a look at range figures 20201017_201800

No, I didn't notice the logo. Cool! I've seen that on many of the other photos posted here. Is it the mark of a prototype, or is it normal?

Yeah those brakes and wheels look a lot nicer than the paint faded rear drum brakes and sparkle spoke wheels on my Fiesta. ;)

If they are truly adding DC FC there -- good on them. But there's nothing worth walking to from their location. I wonder why they will go through this expense?

I didn't find out the name of the sales guy who let us see the car. He immediately tried to convince me to "transfer" my order from the other dealer. But I really want the car now, not next summer, and I don't want their "Desert Protection Package" and whatnot. Good try though.

The commercial looking, Leviton/Ford branded L2 charger that the vehicle was initially plugged into looks like it's gotten a lot of use. The outer insulator on the cord was an inch or two shorter than needed, so I could see the bundle of wires inside the cord, near the J1772 connector. The vehicle was quite loud while plugged in. Not sure if the AC was on (probably not since the car was off and locked at that point?) or if it was just battery management. This was in a halfway shaded area and maybe 90-95 degrees outside. Anyway, just my observations...

Sundevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag

I also had a chance to go out there today. The salesman mentioned this was actually a favor from the regional director (not sure if that was the actual title but something along those lines) who got a preproduction model to drive around. He worked with the dealer owner or some other higher up way back when and was in town visiting family so he offered to display the car at the dealership to allow anyone on the fence to look at it and hopefully convince them to go through with an order.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I also had a chance to go out there today. The salesman mentioned this was actually a favor from the regional director (not sure if that was the actual title but something along those lines) who got a preproduction model to drive around. He worked with the dealer owner or some other higher up way back when and was in town visiting family so he offered to display the car at the dealership to allow anyone on the fence to look at it and hopefully convince them to go through with an order.
Yeah. I think that was the story they were given. When I found out there was MME in town on Thursday, I made some calls to some contacts in the industry and was able to gather some additional information.

There also is a Bronco Sport in town as well.....

I may be able to spend more time with one or both vehicles this week. I can't really say anything more at this time though....

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
No, I didn't notice the logo. Cool! I've seen that on many of the other photos posted here. Is it the mark of a prototype, or is it normal?

Yeah those brakes and wheels look a lot nicer than the paint faded rear drum brakes and sparkle spoke wheels on my Fiesta. ;)

If they are truly adding DC FC there -- good on them. But there's nothing worth walking to from their location. I wonder why they will go through this expense?

I didn't find out the name of the sales guy who let us see the car. He immediately tried to convince me to "transfer" my order from the other dealer. But I really want the car now, not next summer, and I don't want their "Desert Protection Package" and whatnot. Good try though.

The commercial looking, Leviton/Ford branded L2 charger that the vehicle was initially plugged into looks like it's gotten a lot of use. The outer insulator on the cord was an inch or two shorter than needed, so I could see the bundle of wires inside the cord, near the J1772 connector. The vehicle was quite loud while plugged in. Not sure if the AC was on (probably not since the car was off and locked at that point?) or if it was just battery management. This was in a halfway shaded area and maybe 90-95 degrees outside. Anyway, just my observations...
I wondered the same thing about the oval logo. Probably a pre-production thing....

Installing DCFC there doesn't make sense to me either. Especially since they are in SRP service area. If it were APS then it would make sense since they would pay for it but SRP doesnt have that same program incentives running right now

I dont have any affiliation with San Tan other than my uncle worked for their sister dealership Rich Ford in Albuquerque N.M. for over 20 years. Retired now though. I do know that San Tan is EV certified and seem competent as best as I can tell.

One Saturday in late Spring 2019, I went shopping at IKEA and the A/C stopped working on my FFE. It was late afternoon so when I got home I logged onto San Tan's website and scheduled a service appointment for Monday morning.

On Sunday, I drove the vehicle to their dealership which was closed for the day and left the car there with key fob in the drop box.

At 6 am on Monday I get a call from Ford in Michigan asking if I was having any problem with the vehicle and I told the lady my story. She gave me a service code and asked me to share it with San Tan when they opened for business later that morning.

I went to work on Monday like normal and called the dealership around 8:30 ish. They offered to deliver a rental vehicle to me at any place in the valley. Any vehicle they had in stock. Super Duty, Mustang, whatever. I politely declined.

Later that day I received a survey type request from Ford with some very specific questions. I remember one item asked if the dealership had any stickers displayed to identify them as EV Certified and they showed me a photo of what that looks like. When I went to pick up my car later that week, I looked for it but didnt see anything.

There was a second, follow up survey after I got my car back. I answered the questions and returned the information to Ford. I later found out from my uncle that San Tan was dinged for not calling me on Saturday afternoon to offer a flat bed tow and for not displaying their EV Certification at their dealership.

I think the not towing my car is a bit unfair but the sticker thing I can understand.

I thought you might find that story interesting....

Last edited:

Pacecar

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 mustang official pacecar , 2018 outlander phev
Country flag

Make a search on brembo flexira caliper ?

Az MachE

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
So one thing that I have not seen addressed here on the forum is the cargo cover and it's operation. As seen here it is very light-weight, lifts up with the gate. I was able to easily detach it from the liftgate. It is not a bulky, heavy roll-up type like I have in my other SUV. I think this would also be so much easier to store away in your garage when not needed. Plus the attachments are elastic in such a way that if you had something a little bit more bulky that the cover would just conform to the item in your cargo area. It is a very well thought of cargo cover.

Mach E Lift Gate (2).jpg

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
So one thing that I have not seen addressed here on the forum is the cargo cover and it's operation. As seen here it is very light-weight, lifts up with the gate. I was able to easily detach it from the liftgate. It is not a bulky, heavy roll-up type like I have in my other SUV. I think this would also be so much easier to store away in your garage when not needed. Plus the attachments are elastic in such a way that if you had something a little bit more bulky that the cover would just conform to the item in your cargo area. It is a very well thought of cargo cover.
I was thinking that under the movable cargo floor would be a good place to put it when the floor is in the upper position. Do you think it would fit there?

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Anyone take a photo of the door sticker with recommended tire pressures? I know the actual pressures that were shown on the screen, but I want to see the official number.
Sponsored