Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
This event has been a real gold mine of first-hand information. Thanks to everyone who was there for the great reporting!
The AZ crew is glad to share.... :)
I did get to see some cool merchandise that may accompany the First Editions. I dont know for sure yet but it was pretty cool stuff. A little grey and black peppered zipper pouch with goodies inside. All branded with the Mach E logo. Not sure if that is dealer promotion or something that Ford is sending with the cars. I guess we will find out soon enough...

mfb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 C-Max Energi (2), Red Premium ER RWD MME
Country flag
I just got back from seeing it. Had about 45-mins with it to sit in and play with buttons. Couldn't ride in it and I couldn't convince anyone to help me steal it. I guess grand-theft auto is a felony, I don't know. Anyway, here are my stream of conscious notes:

+ This car is very well-built with a premium feel.
+ Touchscreen is very responsive
+ Lots of room in both the front and rear seats of the interior, more than my C-Max. Cargo area as well.
+ The cell phone charging area seemed big enough for almost all phones. If you want, you can take that little rubber mat out for cleaning or if your phone is too big.
+ When putting in nav destinations, it will automatically add chargers if needed (this is an option).
+ Seats are more comfortable than my C-Max.
+ Lots of different settings and configuration options.
+ Passenger seat is also power adjustable
+ Door handles are very nice. I actually prefer it over any other car's handles. It's effortless and I think easier to use when hands are full.
+ A few lights on the rear lift gate pointing at you and into the car when opened. They have little pony's too!
+ @macchiaz-o took a picture of the center screen describing what L does, I'll let him post it.
+ You could zoom into each individual camera on the display.
* It's an extended range AWD premium, showing 268 miles of range.
* I didn't see any Aux or line-in connector anywhere
* Top glass was warm to the hand to touch but I didn't feel heat radiate through it. Although the sun wasn't beating in to it either.
- Rear visibility is not great although rear headrests are removable.
- It has dimples in the front to help align a front-license plate holder, which I don't need in Arizona. More of an OCD issue really.
- Cover was missing on the front cam washer. Not sure if it was broken by someone or it's supposed to be that way, but looked sort of odd close-up.
? For some reason the horn honked every time the door was shut. My C-Max will do that if the key is not inside but only when the last door is shut. Not sure if that is some sort of setting or what.
? Plotted a trip to Disneyland in the Nav system and it automatically added L2 chargers. I don't know if there was some setting that said it preferred L2 over L3 or what the deal was. There are tons of options and didn't get a chance to peruse them all.
Thanks for your comments about the C-Max. My wife and I own two 2017 C-Max Energies. We like them a lot.

One of the main things we like about the C-Max is the seat height. You don't have to drop down in the car or climb up when you get in. The seat is just about the height of your posterior, so you can just sit down. And it's not a deep bucket seat, so you don't sink in. (We're not the youngest people in the world, and we're not getting much younger, so that stuff is important.) The seat is high enough so that driving visibility is good.

From your C-Max experience and your brief encounter with the Mach E, can you say that the Mach E seats are comparable to the C-Max seats in height and comfort? Can you see over the center touch screen when you're looking out the windshield? Please give us any other C-Max comparisons you may have

Thanks for your efforts. I really appreciate the time you (and everyone else here) have taken to look at the car and report back to us who live in the hinterlands. This thread is the best I've seen where real people get to look at the car.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
It is a trade off... if you make the frunk airtight, no dust gets in, but closing force is higher. You are compressing the air in there when you close the hood. There is a small vent to help. Tesla chose the no seal route.
Thinking back on it... There are some obvious adjustment points for the rear tailgate. A few of the brackets have slots instead of circles for the bolts to go through.

I suspect the front hood is similar. There are small plastic covers that pop out near the left and right bumpers that the hood bumps against when closed. I took off one of the covers briefly and noticed easy access to a bolt that is probably for adjusting the tightness of that closure (i.e. raise or lower the bumpers).

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Thanks for your comments about the C-Max. My wife and I own two 2017 C-Max Energies. We like them a lot.

One of the main things we like about the C-Max is the seat height. You don't have to drop down in the car or climb up when you get in. The seat is just about the height of your posterior, so you can just sit down. And it's not a deep bucket seat, so you don't sink in. (We're not the youngest people in the world, and we're not getting much younger, so that stuff is important.) The seat is high enough so that driving visibility is good.

From your C-Max experience and your brief encounter with the Mach E, can you say that the Mach E seats are comparable to the C-Max seats in height and comfort? Can you see over the center touch screen when you're looking out the windshield? Please give us any other C-Max comparisons you may have

Thanks for your efforts. I really appreciate the time you (and everyone else here) have taken to look at the car and report back to us who live in the hinterlands. This thread is the best I've seen where real people get to look at the car.
My wife drives a C-Max Energi and her comments were similar. She said the seats in the MME are more comfortable than her C-Max and she likes the C-Max. She also loves the steering wheel in the MME. Vision over the screen was good but of course she didnt get to drive it yet.

She did notice the rocker panel had some interference with the back of her ankle/calf area when exiting the driver's seat. There is a small splitter at the bottom edge of the rocker panel that can touch your leg a little bit. So, compared to the C-Max, she has to step out a little further to avoid the sill and rocker.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
No, I didn't notice the logo. Cool! I've seen that on many of the other photos posted here. Is it the mark of a prototype, or is it normal?

Yeah those brakes and wheels look a lot nicer than the paint faded rear drum brakes and sparkle spoke wheels on my Fiesta. ;)

If they are truly adding DC FC there -- good on them. But there's nothing worth walking to from their location. I wonder why they will go through this expense?

I didn't find out the name of the sales guy who let us see the car. He immediately tried to convince me to "transfer" my order from the other dealer. But I really want the car now, not next summer, and I don't want their "Desert Protection Package" and whatnot. Good try though.

The commercial looking, Leviton/Ford branded L2 charger that the vehicle was initially plugged into looks like it's gotten a lot of use. The outer insulator on the cord was an inch or two shorter than needed, so I could see the bundle of wires inside the cord, near the J1772 connector. The vehicle was quite loud while plugged in. Not sure if the AC was on (probably not since the car was off and locked at that point?) or if it was just battery management. This was in a halfway shaded area and maybe 90-95 degrees outside. Anyway, just my observations...
I forgot to mention that I asked them about the Desert Protection Package. Justin said it was not required but optional. It is a clear bra for the front fascia, hood and forward portion of the fenders. Includes darker window tint, road hazard warranty for the tires and nitrogen filled.

The first two items are interesting to me. I asked him to get me a price and find out what brand of material they use for the protective wrap and window tint.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
So one thing that I have not seen addressed here on the forum is the cargo cover and it's operation. As seen here it is very light-weight, lifts up with the gate. I was able to easily detach it from the liftgate. It is not a bulky, heavy roll-up type like I have in my other SUV. I think this would also be so much easier to store away in your garage when not needed. Plus the attachments are elastic in such a way that if you had something a little bit more bulky that the cover would just conform to the item in your cargo area. It is a very well thought of cargo cover.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 4x (Star White / Gray Interior) sighted at Phoenix dealership, with a look at range figures Screenshot_20201018-120554_Drive
Nice mention. I had to remove the cargo cover/parcel shelf thing in my FFE and C-Max. Like you, I was pleased to see this new design and think it will work much better for me.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag

I think the Mach-E has more comfortable seats than the C-max. The height of the seats are a little taller than the C-max as well. I'm sorry but I really don't remember what looking over the hood looked like. I didn't really adjust the seat or mirrors much to find my position.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I think the Mach-E has more comfortable seats than the C-max. The height of the seats are a little taller than the C-max as well. I'm sorry but I really don't remember what looking over the hood looked like. I didn't really adjust the seat or mirrors much to find my position.
The more I think about the car....the more I remember cool things about it. I like the rear view mirror in the center. It appears frameless.....like the side view mirrors on the Polestar 2. Looked rich and elegant.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I am starting to think we need to start a poll to count how many ponies appear on the vehicle. It's starting to turn into a "Where is Waldo?" scenario...
I mean, those things are sprayed everywhere. Almost as bad as a crime scene....

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I am starting to think we need to start a poll to count how many ponies appear on the vehicle. It's starting to turn into a "Where is Waldo?" scenario...
I mean, those things are sprayed everywhere. Almost as bad as a crime scene....
Yeah I was thinking the same. After many of us have taken delivery, we could run a contest to find the most ponies (with photo evidence, of course!).

The winner will probably have to take apart body panels at this point.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Hidden horse in each headlight. Also, here's the front camera sprayer that's missing its cover that @zhackwyatt mentioned.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 4x (Star White / Gray Interior) sighted at Phoenix dealership, with a look at range figures Screenshot_20201018-120554_Drive

You'd almost think the designers recognize a need to prove they were building a Mustang and compensated with lots of ponies.