JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
The car comes with those calipers. When I Googled it, I found an article that says Brembo is making the MME calipers. Light weight calipers and disks sounds like.
Super surprised they’re not marketing that.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
yeah it’s not a GT thing from what I can work out but the FEs are painted red. Super surprised we have brembo brakes on premium that aren’t coloured. It’s brembos signature
Same here.
It took me quite a while until I actually noticed how cool they were. I must be conditioned not to look to hard at calipers unless they are painted. :)

I did some digging and found this on Brembo's website. They talk about carbon ceramic discs that they named DYATOM and Mach E is mentioned in the article. However, reading through the bulletin it doesn't appear the Mach E has these......they just reference that Brembo has some history providing parts for Ford's models and lists the Mach E in that group.

So, calipers at least. Special discs probably not unless they are lightweight. Perhaps the reason why Ford isn't touting Brembos is because the Flexira calipers aren't really a performance caliper. Well, not stopping performance anyway. It's contribution to the Mach E is weight performance, which is a real thing when it comes to EVs.

Attachments

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'm afraid I may have found this too late. The Mach-E was (is?) at Earnhardt Ford until just a while ago. If you're in the area and want to see it, give them a call to see if they still have it.

Stupid marketing and communications teams! Why not reach out to your customers?

Last edited:
OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Stupid marketing and communications teams! Why bother reaching out to your customers?
It is lazy marketing. They think they can just put it out on social media and let the people find it. Same thing for Mach Drop and same thing for the Road Show. Forget that a real database exists with contact info for customers with money in their hands just waiting to hand it over.
There are a lot of things that I am hopeful with the young generation but recognizing the risks and limitations with social media isnt one of them.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It is lazy marketing. They think they can just put it out on social media and let the people find it. Same thing for Mach Drop and same thing for the Road Show. Forget that a real database exists with contact info for customers with money in their hands just waiting to hand it over.
There are a lot of things that I am hopeful with the young generation but recognizing the risks and limitations with social media isnt one of them.
Or even just those of us who hit the "keep me informed" button and gave them our emails?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Or even just those of us who hit the "keep me informed" button and gave them our emails?
I posted this elsewhere but maybe our own social media campaign will help?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 4x (Star White / Gray Interior) sighted at Phoenix dealership, with a look at range figures Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 10.14.53 PM
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 4x (Star White / Gray Interior) sighted at Phoenix dealership, with a look at range figures Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 10.12.51 PM

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Agree that social isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. But taking a different view, maybe they know we’re sold already and building more awareness and buzz with others? Social marketing has been a big push from the start with this launch. Don’t see that changing anytime soon.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Agree that social isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. But taking a different view, maybe they know we’re sold already and building more awareness and buzz with others? Social marketing has been a big push from the start with this launch. Don’t see that changing anytime soon.
The answer falls under "Don't count your chickens until they're hatched". How many of you have paid your $50-60K? How many of you think you can get your deposit back if you decide to back out?

If they "know" we're sold, they don't know their business.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
The answer falls under "Don't count your chickens until they're hatched". How many of you have paid your $50-60K? How many of you think you can get your deposit back if you decide to back out?

If they "know" we're sold, they don't know their business.
True. But based on reactions today and yesterday, I think the odds are in their favor.

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
Same here.
It took me quite a while until I actually noticed how cool they were. I must be conditioned not to look to hard at calipers unless they are painted. :)

I did some digging and found this on Brembo's website. They talk about carbon ceramic discs that they named DYATOM and Mach E is mentioned in the article. However, reading through the bulletin it doesn't appear the Mach E has these......they just reference that Brembo has some history providing parts for Ford's models and lists the Mach E in that group.

So, calipers at least. Special discs probably not unless they are lightweight. Perhaps the reason why Ford isn't touting Brembos is because the Flexira calipers aren't really a performance caliper. Well, not stopping performance anyway. It's contribution to the Mach E is weight performance, which is a real thing when it comes to EVs.
There was a big discussion on brakes and rotor sizes a few months back. It was back and forth on if the brakes were under sized. This design may help answer that.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-interior-in-the-wild-revealed.846/post-21858

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
There was a big discussion on brakes and rotor sizes a few months back. It was back and forth on if the brakes were under sized. This design may help answer that.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-interior-in-the-wild-revealed.846/post-21858
Might be interesting to read that thread. Hard to imagine anyone thinking they would be under sized since they wouldn't be the primary braking method any longer. I mean, the owners manual isnt even going to put pad replacement on the maintenance schedule. All it is going to say is "check brake pads for wear" every so often. Those things might last 100k miles or longer on these cars.
Sponsored