Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
I quit the Bronco forum when I cancelled my order. What are they hammering him for? Orders and delivery?
He had given a date that the Build and Price app would be up. "By September", when September 1st hit and no B&P, everyone went nuts. Then he said that could mean by end of September. Then Ford announced Sasquatch package will be available with a manual transmission and other decisions lead to a delay in B&P. Then he said "B&P by mid October" and when it wasn't up at 12:01 on the 15th, people ripped him. It's coming this Friday.

The poor guy just wanted to give Bronco fans some info (As he knew it) and unfortunately some (a few) were very disrespectful.
Sponsored

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
He had given a date that the Build and Price app would be up. "By September", when September 1st hit and no B&P, everyone went nuts. Then he said that could mean by end of September. Then Ford announced Sasquatch package will be available with a manual transmission and other decisions lead to a delay in B&P. Then he said "B&P by mid October" and when it wasn't up at 12:01 on the 15th, people ripped him. It's coming this Friday.

The poor guy just wanted to give Bronco fans some info (As he knew it) and unfortunately some (a few) were very disrespectful.
You should be prepared if it doesn't post on Friday.

;)

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
If you have time, you can watch an amateur video I made a while back that talks about regen in our PHEV. Some of this info will apply to a BEV so you might find it interesting.

Pretty much all the driving was done with regen. Very little friction brakes. They blend in very well and most drivers arent aware of the transition point and that is the case with the MME. You probably wont be able to tell when the friction brakes jump in to help stop the car.

In the PHEV in this video....that point is when you see the round Brake Score graphic begin to build. Which means that almost ALL of the deceleration was accomplished via regen for this entire video.

Keep in mind this was a mild traffic situation so regen can be the primary means of slowing down the car without any concern. If I was driving more aggressively or needed to stop more quickly like to avoid a collision or something then the friction brakes provide immediate assist. You dont have to activate anything or push any buttons or anything.....the car handles all this on it's own with clever programming.

Lastly...
The larger the motor/battery, the stronger the ability to regen is. The vehicle in this video is a PHEV so very small motor and very small battery so very limited regen power. A MME with AWD and Extended range battery is going to have much much more regenerative power.

If you watch the battery pictogram....a circular recycling arrow graphic will appear to wiggle over the image. That is the regen processes. Foot is on the brake and the vehicle is reducing speed but no friction brake assistance is provided yet.

I hope you find this useful.
This is great - thanks very much

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
This is great - thanks very much
Sure thing.
Keep in mind that was a PHEV so there is a bunch of information on that left side of the display to digest. Ford did that to help people overcome range anxiety and to learn how to maximize EV range. Plus its kinda fun if you are into learning about stuff like that.

Your BEV will be much simpler by comparison. You can just enjoy driving it and it will manage regen and and drivetrain systems for you. If you are like me....then you are going to watch your battery gauge like a hawk for the first week or so. Then eventually it will become just like the fuel gauge in your ICE and any range anxiety will be a thing of the past for you.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

And this is precisely why Ford is being so tightlipped about specific Mach E dates, IMHO.

And NO, that doesn't excuse them from publicizing the road show, mach drop, and other information.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

He has seemed like a decent guy on Twitter.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Oh, last word on the Bronco (Sorry, this is a Mach-e forum...) Ford said "No X plan on the Bronco" and almost everyone is losing their Sh!t over it.
I can only imagine. Think if that would have happened with the ME. Is that on ALL, including the Sport? Ford must be much more confident about those sales, and to be fair there is no Volkswagon competition.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I can only imagine. Think if that would have happened with the ME. Is that on ALL, including the Sport? Ford must be much more confident about those sales, and to be fair there is no Volkswagon competition.
I think they are definitely more confident for a good reason: ICE cars are a lot easier to sell, and there are orders of magnitude more reservation and interest in the bronco. Don't forget the bronco is going up against a tough incumbent in Jeep, which while a difficult task also proves the market. In 12 years Tesla has sold a million EV's so that market is a lot softer, thus Ford is playing it safe and offering discounts.

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
No X-plan on the 2 and 4 door only. X-plan available on the Sport.

Also, A/Z/D Plans available on all Broncos.

With the pricing structure on the MME, the X-plan discounts are much lower, so if they took X-plan away from the MME, I don't think it would be that big of a deal. Best thing about X-plan is it set's a price and avoids dealer markup.

If anything, Ford did the opposite with the MME by lowering the prices $1k- $3k. They have a sales grand slam with the Bronco. I don't blame them removing X-plan.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Looks as though Camelback Ford had the Mach-E stop by, too... I guess all the local dealers are getting a turn, but few are publicizing.

But what's with that post? Paddle shifters?

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Our Mercedes has paddle shifters for regenerative selection- one side + the other -. The default "auto" uses radar to slow the car down automatically when you come up on traffic, if you hit the shifters you can go from full coast to 1-pedal driving.

I could see Ford doing something similar with this car.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Our Mercedes has paddle shifters for regenerative selection- one side + the other -. The default "auto" uses radar to slow the car down automatically when you come up on traffic, if you hit the shifters you can go from full coast to 1-pedal driving.

I could see Ford doing something similar with this car.
You could? I don't think they'll be pushing paddle shifters out with an OTA update.
Sponsored