Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
With a future model, obviously not if the hardware isn't there (and not necessary, just a nice feature I've played with.)

You could? I don't think they'll be pushing paddle shifters out with an OTA update.
Sponsored

okunney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I see some grey interiors where the steering wheel is also grey. Others, it is black. Any confirmation? I think all black steering wheel looks better so I hope there's no two tone steering wheel.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I see some grey interiors where the steering wheel is also grey. Others, it is black. Any confirmation? I think all black steering wheel looks better so I hope there's no two tone steering wheel.
I am curious about that as well. I ordered a Premium with Light Space Gray interior partially because the computer generated rendering showed a dual color steering wheel which I liked. However, the pre-production unit that I saw here in Phoenix had an all black wheel so I am now confused....
???

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I am curious about that as well. I ordered a Premium with Light Space Gray interior partially because the computer generated rendering showed a dual color steering wheel which I liked. However, the pre-production unit that I saw here in Phoenix had an all black wheel so I am now confused....
???
A white steering wheel will be impossible to keep clean

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I think the 2-tone steering wheel looked nice, and due to the placement would be fine keeping clean, but with all the road show vehicles having all black it appears that the final product will be 1 color (black.)

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Just got back from revisiting the Star White, which is now parked at Chapman Ford in Scottsdale. It will be there through Sunday.

If you stop by, ask for Kelly. She's got the keys and the knowledge on it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 4x (Star White / Gray Interior) sighted at Phoenix dealership, with a look at range figures PXL_20201030_230405424
BTW, special bit of trivia... This is the same dealership shown in the first Mach-E 1400 videos.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
One more reflection from today, my second time seeing a Mach-E on two weeks:

The buzz and adrenalin were gone. This time it was just another car.

I did go out of my way to see it again, given the limited opportunities, and this time it was with tasks in mind rather than with all the unadulterated excitement I experienced the first time. I went with plans to verify I can adjust the driver seat and mirrors to where I like them (check, and check), to check out the maintenance schedule, and to ask my salesperson a bunch of questions.

I noticed a few things that are annoying:

The 12V battery might be a little awkward to replace. Not sure yet. I worry about removing that plastic panel that's just held in with clips, because I don't want to weaken the clips. But @ChasingCoral posted a nice photo of it. It seems to be installed to where only a portion of the battery is under the removable, lateral panel, and there is also a lateral bar/pipe that may need to be removed.

Here in Phoenix, many people end up replacing the 12V battery every 1-2 years. This might be an AGM battery with presumably longer life, but I'll still assume that replacing it will be a regular part of life.

The car was inside the air conditioned showroom but my back was sweating from sitting in the driver's seat (perforated ActiveX) for maybe 30 minutes or so. (I was chatting in the car with the salesperson in passenger seat.) It felt like the seat heater was on, but the heater was off, so the material probably doesn't breathe well.

I get the same thing from my Fiesta if I drive with windows down, air off, on an 85+ day like today, but Fiesta seats are unperforated leather and 85+ is probably 10+ higher than the showroom temp.

Anyway, small things perhaps, but they're what stood out today.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The 12V battery might be a little awkward to replace. Not sure yet. I worry about removing that plastic panel that's just held in with clips, because I don't want to weaken the clips. But @ChasingCoral posted a nice photo of it. It seems to be installed to where only a portion of the battery is under the removable, lateral panel, and there is also a lateral bar/pipe that may need to be removed.
It's similar in our 2013 Escapes. Had the battery replaced for the first time last month. I was gonna just get one at Costco and replace it myself, but then I looked and saw that it's buried behind some sort of air unit that needs to come off (or alternately, the wipers can come off and then the plastic cover just below the windshield). In my younger (cheaper) days I'd have tried it, but for that I just took it to a place to do it.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
One more reflection from today, my second time seeing a Mach-E on two weeks:

The buzz and adrenalin were gone. This time it was just another car.

I did go out of my way to see it again, given the limited opportunities, and this time it was with tasks in mind rather than with all the unadulterated excitement I experienced the first time. I went with plans to verify I can adjust the driver seat and mirrors to where I like them (check, and check), to check out the maintenance schedule, and to ask my salesperson a bunch of questions.

I noticed a few things that are annoying:

Here in Phoenix, many people end up replacing the 12V battery every 1-2 years. This might be an AGM battery with presumably longer life, but I'll still assume that replacing it will be a regular part of life.

The car was inside the air conditioned showroom but my back was sweating from sitting in the driver's seat (perforated ActiveX) for maybe 30 minutes or so. (I was chatting in the car with the salesperson in passenger seat.) It felt like the seat heater was on, but the heater was off, so the material probably doesn't breathe well.

I get the same thing from my Fiesta if I drive with windows down, air off, on an 85+ day like today, but Fiesta seats are unperforated leather and 85+ is probably 10+ higher than the showroom temp.

Anyway, small things perhaps, but they're what stood out today.
Perfectly normal reactions. Your reactions will change again too.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
It's similar in our 2013 Escapes. Had the battery replaced for the first time last month. I was gonna just get one at Costco and replace it myself, but then I looked and saw that it's buried behind some sort of air unit that needs to come off (or alternately, the wipers can come off and then the plastic cover just below the windshield). In my younger (cheaper) days I'd have tried it, but for that I just took it to a place to do it.
And don’t get me started on what it takes to replace on a MINI Cooper Countryman, where you even have to remove a windshield wiper assembly before you can even remove the plastic panel that also must come off.
Just went through that.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I found a Ford logo. Also, this shows you the hatch open with and without the cargo screen installed. It is trivial to remove and replace the screen (and the load floor shelf piece). One person can handle either task in a few seconds.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 4x (Star White / Gray Interior) sighted at Phoenix dealership, with a look at range figures PXL_20201030_230405424
It looks like that Ford logo is removable easily as well ?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 4x (Star White / Gray Interior) sighted at Phoenix dealership, with a look at range figures PXL_20201017_222509345

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Heads up! Star White visits Sanderson Ford for the next few days:

Wow. That pony is doing some laps. Going on 4 weeks now in the valley? They might as well let the forum members each have it for a day. We are basically all experts now so they can call it a field testing exercise. :)