First Name
Julius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Scion xB
Country flag
Hi!

If your order the Front License Plate Bracket, is that something that can be removed later on?

And is there a cheaper alternative to purchasing the the Interior Protection Package floor liners?

Please see attached photos.

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 12.01.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 12.03.38 AM.png

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The license plate bracket comes from the factory not mounted. You can ask your dealer not to mount it. They normally mount the bracket with rivets.

The mats are $240 from Ford as you note. Other companies make mats for the vehicle like WeatherTech. They show a price of $189.90 for both rows, and sell them in black and gray. There are also other options. They charge $119.95 for the cargo liner, also in both colors. That's $309.85 for both, much more expensive than Ford.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Hi!

If your order the Front License Plate Bracket, is that something that can be removed later on?

And is there a cheaper alternative to purchasing the the Interior Protection Package floor liners?

Please see attached photos.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E Accessories Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 12.03.38 AM

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E Accessories Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 12.03.38 AM
The license plate bracket should arrive unmounted, and there should be no holes drilled for it when it arrives. If you want to use it, holes will have to be drilled, although you can put plugs into them later if you change your mind. If you are going to use PPF or ceramic, that should be done, at least in this area, before putting the bracket on. There are other brackets available, but if you use those, be sure your license plate does not hang lower than the factory bracket, as that can block the radar sensor below. Blocking that sensor will set of warnings every time you stop and start moving, very annoying.
I have owned weathertech and tuxmat floor liners in the past, IMO the Ford ones are just as good as those.

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
There's bound to be people who will sell those interior floor mats. I plan to sell mines when my cars come. I wasn't able to remove them from my order due to it being scheduled alraedy. I may keep the trunk mat, but have no use for the interior.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
There are lots of options other than factory for the floor mats. I went with the 3D Maxpider mat set. Rockauto.com has a great deal on them. Tuxmats also seem to be really great. ??

JamesInWeston

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ordered 8-25-21: 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E CalRt1
Occupation
Risk Management/Insurance
Country flag
Also, if you order the Interior Protection Package, it replaces the factory mats. This is new for MY22; for MY21 you received the IPP but also kept the factory mats.

2021mustangdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select RWD, grabber blue
Country flag
Because they remove the regular factory mats when you order the Interior Protection Package, I did not order them. Not sure whether there is better alternative to WeatherTech or not.

Dan

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
I wouldn’t get the Mats, especially since they don’t send the carpet mats. Although, I have 3 sets of carpet mats from various cars in my garage that I don’t use so maybe that’s not a big deal…
The 3rd party mats cover more and are cheaper. I’ve have a set of tuxmat.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I wouldn’t get the Mats, especially since they don’t send the carpet mats. Although, I have 3 sets of carpet mats from various cars in my garage that I don’t use so maybe that’s not a big deal…
WeatherTech is more expensive.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
WeatherTech is more expensive.
You’re right, I forgot about the cargo mat. There is one on Amazon for $48 that probably works fine though. The floor liners is what really counts though.

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Keep in mind you can use your 22,000 points toward the mats. My dealer told me this so I ended up paying less than $100 for the all weather mats. The points knocked $110 off.

SDMMEGT

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT
Country flag
Keep in mind you can use your 22,000 points toward the mats. My dealer told me this so I ended up paying less than $100 for the all weather mats. The points knocked $110 off.
Sorry...22,000 points? Do you get that when you pick up your MME?

emgrrr

First Name
Emerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MachE GTPE
Country flag
I ordered interior package and got the mats too (currently stored in my garage)

LeanneL

First Name
Leanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTP
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Also, if you order the Interior Protection Package, it replaces the factory mats. This is new for MY22; for MY21 you received the IPP but also kept the factory mats.
I got both sets of mats with my car built June 23.
Sponsored