benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Ben - keep checking. I'm up in the LA area and have found several to choose from who say no ADM and X plan (not sure whether that will be any cheaper - won't know until they show what invoice is compared to MSRP). You might have to come into Orange County to find one. No effect on service though since you can bring to any EV Ford dealer, which will be almost all in CA.
Sorry, I should clarify I don’t live in CA. I just meant my area only had 5 dealerships within that range, but a more populated area would have more I think.
Sponsored

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Just called my dealer. They have not heard anything about the conversion of reservations to pre-orders happening next week. They also won't say either way on ADM or X-Plan pricing because "they still don't know anything from Ford about how pricing for this vehicle will be."

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
To OP, I know these dealers would be far for you, but may be worth exploring:

1.) Theodore Robins Ford in Costa Mesa (highly recommend them both sales and service, we bought our CMax from them w/ X Plan).

2.) Fairway Ford in Placentia (great service dept, no experience with sales/finance).

3.) Ken Grody of Buena Park (great service dept, sales good, finance = MEH).

Last edited:

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Which dealerships? I currently have mine set up at Star Ford, but would love to know what the backup is if they wont' accept X Plan.
Try Galpin Ford in Van Nuys. Here is a comment from the No ADM thread:
Good news, Galpin Ford in Van Nuys California has confirmed no ADM:

"I just spoke with my Department Manager who tells me we can guarantee there wont be a mark up in price for the Mach E in our part. Our sales price will be the price listed by Ford as the MSRP.
If you want to place your order with us, you will need to cancel your excisting order and place a new order choosing Galpin Ford as your dealership."

I have my order placed with Star Ford in Glendale, actually. Still waiting to get confirmation they will not add ADM. The Star salesperson I spoke with said he didn't think so, that the Mach-E isn't quite rare enough like a Shelby and that he had not heard any plans to do so -- but he couldn't promise. Said he would check with his general manager and get back to me....

But is the 2nd point from Galpin above correct, if I want to switch to Galpin?
I thought we can pick/switch our dealer at the time of ordering?

I don't want to cancel and lose my chance to get my Mach-E in 2020 (especially with all these battery shortages!)

Reactions: UW2

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
What's X-Plan pricing? Thanks.
A-Plan (Ford Employees): 4% below MSRP plus $275 administrative fee and 0.25% advertising fee
Z-Plan (Ford Retirees): Same as A-Plan
D-Plan (Dealer Employees): A-Plan plus $100
X-Plan (Ford Partners, Friends & Neighbors): 2% below MSRP plus $275 administrative fee

X-Plan includes Ford stockholders and Mustang Club of America members if you join.

https://mustang.org/member-services/x-plan/

https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/mustang-mach-e-eligible-for-ford-plan-pricing-discount

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/a-z-x-plan-discount-pricing-for-mach-e.501/

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Be interesting to see how widespread this is. It's another reason I'll probably cancel and wait until next summer to see if there's any on the lot. It can be awfully temping for dealers to add ADM for a hot commodity fresh out of the box. Unfortunately, some people will pay it.

The tricky thing here is that dealers don't have a lot of leverage over reservation holders since they can just move their reservation to a different dealer. Then the original dealer not only loses out on the ADM, they lose out on the entire sale.

But many reservation holders may not realize that they can change dealers. And dealers may be counting on that.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Contacting the 5 Ford dealerships around me. Don't know how I was suppose to answer her questions...
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E ADM Pricing Shenanigans Begin… Don’t Stand For It! fordchat
Looks like you got some type of receptionist who doesn’t know much about the product offerings

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Contacting the 5 Ford dealerships around me. Don't know how I was suppose to answer her questions...
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E ADM Pricing Shenanigans Begin… Don’t Stand For It! fordchat
Either "Sofie's" a bot or Sofie's in a call center pulling up answers from a bot. Her last chat was probably answering shoe questions.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have written a letter to the management of Future Ford in NorCal and let them know we are compiling a list of Ford dealerships that are pledging not to add ADM and asked what their take is on this issue. I'll report back once I have an answer.

EDIT: Within 2 minutes of my email I received a phone call from the local dealership Management. I was told that typically they 'do' add ADM to in demand launch vehicles (not a direct quote). They are 'considering' waiving ADM for pre-orders but they were unaware of the news about converting Reservations to Orders and would get back to me within a couple of weeks. I feel the Manager was being sincere but I don't have a great feeling about not adding ADM. We'll see.

Last edited:

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Not looking good. From one of the dealerships... "I believe it will be priced like the Shelby’s and the Raptors."

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
How many of you have a first edition "reservation"? Do we know how many of these are going to be made and are these the only version that will arrive late in 2020? If you don't have a first edition reservation, then waiting a little longer to convert into an order might make some sense as feedback from others will exist.
Sponsored