Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
Lots of dealers within 3 hours of my home
Sounds like you have a good plan.

Problem is the perceived benefit of the dealer model is "they are close to everywhere". That was the knock on Tesla, not as many service centers. If MME customers have to weed through tons of dealers, up to 3 hours away, seems like that negates the dealer "benefit". Sounds like a huge hassle, versus a simple online order with transparent pricing.

OP
OP

Paul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, BMW 530e, Honda Clarity, Nissan 300ZX
Country flag
Try Galpin Ford in Van Nuys. Here is a comment from the No ADM thread:
Good news, Galpin Ford in Van Nuys California has confirmed no ADM:

"I just spoke with my Department Manager who tells me we can guarantee there wont be a mark up in price for the Mach E in our part. Our sales price will be the price listed by Ford as the MSRP.
If you want to place your order with us, you will need to cancel your excisting order and place a new order choosing Galpin Ford as your dealership."

I have my order placed with Star Ford in Glendale, actually. Still waiting to get confirmation they will not add ADM. The Star salesperson I spoke with said he didn't think so, that the Mach-E isn't quite rare enough like a Shelby and that he had not heard any plans to do so -- but he couldn't promise. Said he would check with his general manager and get back to me....

But is the 2nd point from Galpin above correct, if I want to switch to Galpin?
I thought we can pick/switch our dealer at the time of ordering?

I don't want to cancel and lose my chance to get my Mach-E in 2020 (especially with all these battery shortages!)

Reactions: abr
OP
OP

Paul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, BMW 530e, Honda Clarity, Nissan 300ZX
Country flag
So this morning I sent messages to 12 San Diego dealers asking if they would accept Plan X for my reservation. One said no, but maybe after they have a few on the lot. One said they would get back to me - and did not. The others did not even respond. Although we live in San Diego, I work and stay in LA during the week and our daughter lives in Orange County so any dealer in Southern California will work for us. Tomorrow I'll try messaging LA area dealers.

Wonder if Ford would consider factory deliveries in Mexico.

I did have a Jaguar dealer call to offer an I-Pace for $15,000 below MSRP.

Reactions: UW2

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Galpin is one of the dealers that had a Mach-e on display 6 months ago.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
So this morning I sent messages to 12 San Diego dealers asking if they would accept Plan X for my reservation. One said no, but maybe after they have a few on the lot. One said they would get back to me - and did not. The others did not even respond. Although we live in San Diego, I work and stay in LA during the week and our daughter lives in Orange County so any dealer in Southern California will work for us. Tomorrow I'll try messaging LA area dealers.

Wonder if Ford would consider factory deliveries in Mexico.

I did have a Jaguar dealer call to offer an I-Pace for $15,000 below MSRP.
Paul,
1 of the 5 in the north OC area said they will take AZX pin & no dealer markup. Tuttle-Click Ford Lincoln in Irvine. Another said no markup but don't believe there is AZX pin pricing.

vJason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3 LR AWD, Jeep Wrangler Sport 2D
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I don't mind driving to buy the car, but I wouldn't own anything where service is far away (not sure how those Tesla owners do it). Raleigh has a Tesla SC so we are covered, but if anything happens that involves serious bodywork you may not see your car for months. Heck, it took 5 months for me to get a glass roof because mine was installed off-center.

The sad thing is I want to help local businesses, but some dealers really like to shoot themselves in the foot. It's almost to the point where if you can give me a truthful (fair) price, over email (no phone calls or visits for prices, sorry), you are about 99% of the way to earning my business.

I feel that traditional dealers are going to have to reassess what their actual benefit is, and work to build on that. There is no future in long/boring/shady sales sessions, the only value in that is to the dealer. I'll drive hours to avoid that part of traditional dealers.

Sounds like you have a good plan.

Problem is the perceived benefit of the dealer model is "they are close to everywhere". That was the knock on Tesla, not as many service centers. If MME customers have to weed through tons of dealers, up to 3 hours away, seems like that negates the dealer "benefit". Sounds like a huge hassle, versus a simple online order with transparent pricing.

Giterdun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reanault 4
Occupation
It
Country flag
Hmmm, my local dealer in UK, asked for a 2k deposit, which I paid. I decided to put another order in on partners name with another dealer at 1k deposit, in case first dealer gets gready.
Don't have much confidence Ford can deliver to UK in early 2021 now so Placed a deposit last week for a polestar. Getting "deliveries from August" on order. Not confident on polestar even delivering by september. First to chase payment wins.

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
Well that really sucks. I emailed my dealer last week and if I haven't heard anything by tomorrow I'll call them. I'll drop them in a heartbeat. There's at least one dealer in the DC area who has already said they won't charge ADM. Hopefully they'll take X-plan, too.
In Maryland - just spoke to my dealer at Bob Davidson Ford in Baltimore; he confirmed no ADM, will take X plan pricing. Actually he was pretty knowledgeable (and chatty) - he recommended this forum as the best source of current data :)! Said dealerships usually get info at last minute from Ford (he thought as effort to stem leaks and misinformation), so the forum usually has more current info than dealers do. But he confirmed expects to get order codes 6/22, training in July, etc.
Sponsored