Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Wow --- Make sure you you pass that info as high up the ladder of Ford management as you can get. I cannot believe they are OK with a Ford Dealer charging $15,000 over MRSP on the Mach-E.

And they definitely must not want to sell any Mach-E's because the cost of the X-Plan comes out of Ford's pocket --- not the dealers. This is crazy.
Sounds like someone doesn't want to stand in line, offered the dealer $15K over and, dealer accepted.
Sponsored

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
To be fair to Ford, they are trying to move to a direction where we as consumers want. It won't be perfect due to how the business model is structured but looking more good than bad. 3 out of the 5 dealerships here will accept the AZX pin & no ADM. One said no AZX but no ADM. The last said unknown markup but will be market.

OP
OP

Paul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, BMW 530e, Honda Clarity, Nissan 300ZX
Country flag
To be fair to Ford, they are trying to move to a direction where we as consumers want. It won't be perfect due to how the business model is structured but looking more good than bad. 3 out of the 5 dealerships here will accept the AZX pin & no ADM. One said no AZX but no ADM. The last said unknown markup but will be market.
Would you mind sharing which dealers agreed to AZX Plans. I can’t find any in Southern California. Some didn’t say no, just they don’t know what they can do until Ford releases pricing.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Would you mind sharing which dealers agreed to AZX Plans. I can’t find any in Southern California. Some didn’t say no, just they don’t know what they can do until Ford releases pricing.
Updated the thread No ADM Thread, below are the ones I've added. They all said they take AZX pin discounts.
  • Tuttle-Click Ford Lincoln - Irvine, CA
  • Santa Margarita Ford - Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
  • Autonation Ford - Tustin, CA

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Sure enough, called the dealership I selected and he says it's going to be a $5-10K ADM depending how much business I've given them in the past. Looks like it's time to find a new one. I haven't seen any on the list in Illinois on the alternate thread without ADM.

OP
OP

Paul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, BMW 530e, Honda Clarity, Nissan 300ZX
Country flag
Updated the thread No ADM Thread, below are the ones I've added. They all said they take AZX pin discounts.
  • Tuttle-Click Ford Lincoln - Irvine, CA
  • Santa Margarita Ford - Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
  • Autonation Ford - Tustin, CA
Thank You. One of the San Diego dealers called back and said they would accept X Plan when they realized it was an order that would not come from their allotment.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thank You. One of the San Diego dealers called back and said they would accept X Plan when they realized it was an order that would not come from their allotment.
I wondered if some dealers don't realize that they won't get the sale at all if they piss off the reservation holder by adding ADM, and they switch to another dealer? That's not the way they're used to it working.

Normally if a sale falls through, they just sell the car to someone else and still get credit for the sale.

rplinpa

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
How many of you have a first edition "reservation"? Do we know how many of these are going to be made and are these the only version that will arrive late in 2020? If you don't have a first edition reservation, then waiting a little longer to convert into an order might make some sense as feedback from others will exist.
I have one and the reservation number is under 5000. No idea how many are being made.

rplinpa

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
This is a great thread. Prompted me to write my preferred dealer and ask the ADMIN and X plan question. Thanks for the heads up.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I wondered if some dealers don't realize that they won't get the sale at all if they piss off the reservation holder by adding ADM, and they switch to another dealer? That's not the way they're used to it working.

Normally if a sale falls through, they just sell the car to someone else and still get credit for the sale.
If the reservation/production slot number travels with the customer and can be transferred to any other dealer, then the ball is truly in our court and the sales commission is the dealer's to lose.

@hybrid2bev, do you know or can you say if reservation holders are free to transfer to another dealer?

RidetheLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1968 Mustang, 2007 Mustang GT
Country flag
Try Galpin Ford in Van Nuys. Here is a comment from the No ADM thread:
Good news, Galpin Ford in Van Nuys California has confirmed

I have my order placed with Star Ford in Glendale, actually. Still waiting to get confirmation they will not add ADM. The Star salesperson I spoke with said he didn't think so, that the Mach-E isn't quite rare enough like a Shelby and that he had not heard any plans to do so -- but he couldn't promise. Said he would check with his general manager and get back to me....

But is the 2nd point from Galpin above correct, if I want to switch to Galpin?
I thought we can pick/switch our dealer at the time of ordering?
Well that’s encouraging. I went with Galpin for their reputation of selling the most Mustangs in Southern California. I figured they would be fair on pricing.
I’ve only leased from them and it’s usually pretty smooth and fair but I decided to purchase the Mach E.

ive only used Star for service for my 07 Mustang but I’ve had tons of issues with them and it usually resorts to calling managers and/or corporate.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
If the reservation/production slot number travels with the customer and can be transferred to any other dealer, then the ball is truly in our court and the sales commission is the dealer's to lose.

@hybrid2bev, do you know or can you say if reservation holders are free to transfer to another dealer?
I don't know for sure, but from what I remember hearing is that we would be able to switch dealers.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I don't know for sure, but from what I remember hearing is that we would be able to switch dealers.
I spoke with Paula at Ford. She is answering Mach-E questions directly. She indicated that you would need to cancel your order to change dealerships if you HAVE NOT received the invitation email. Once you receive your purchasing invitation email from Ford, you can log onto the online site and change anything about your reservation except,ordering a First Edition. So, yes you can change dealerships only after you receive the invite.
Paula was quite helpful. She is handling Mach-E questions. Her direct line is 1-800-334-4375.
Sponsored