mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Another dealership replied. "No AXZD PIN pricing, at MSRP (no ADM)".

Isn't AXZD set by Ford? Or is it by dealership?
Sponsored

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
If you don't have a first edition reservation, then waiting a little longer to convert into an order might make some sense as feedback from others will exist.
Ford hasn't said how long the window is to convert from reservation to pre-order without "losing your place in line." However, I am sure it won't be so broad that you can really wait until folks take deliveries of FEs in late 2020 and start providing feedback. At that point, Ford will already be working on production of the non-FE vehicles.
If you're just looking to delay until there's feedback on the order system, that may be feasible but, again, we still don't know from Ford how long that window is or even if it's different for FE orders and others.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Another dealership replied. "No AXZD PIN pricing, at MSRP (no ADM)".

Isn't AXZD set by Ford? Or is it by dealership?
Ford sets the guidelines for AXZD pricing, but it's up to the individual dealer to assess whether it will honor that pricing or not.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
7 months ago I was very much in favor of Ford selling through established dealerships because one should support local businesses with local service employees over faraway giant corporations with distant service.

Reading this thread makes me wonder why I would have ever felt that way.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ford hasn't said how long the window is to convert from reservation to pre-order without "losing your place in line." However, I am sure it won't be so broad that you can really wait until folks take deliveries of FEs in late 2020 and start providing feedback. At that point, Ford will already be working on production of the non-FE vehicles.
If you're just looking to delay until there's feedback on the order system, that may be feasible but, again, we still don't know from Ford how long that window is or even if it's different for FE orders and others.
I would expect the window to be very short. Especially since the industry is reeling from COVID and Ford as well as other auto manufacturers are not in the greatest financial shape. You can bet Ford wants as much revenue as possible in the shortest amount of time. If we have more than 30 days to convert I'd be shocked.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Difference is, with Tesla you know what you are paying at the time you place your order. There is nothing equivalent to ADM on a Tesla. Not really a good comparison.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would expect the window to be very short. Especially since the industry is reeling from COVID and Ford as well as other auto manufacturers are not in the greatest financial shape. You can bet Ford wants as much revenue as possible in the shortest amount of time. If we have more than 30 days to convert I'd be shocked.
I agree that it will be a limited window.
However, I don't think it's driven by revenue capture as Ford doesn't get to recognize revenue merely from pre-orders. Revenue is recognized when it sells and delivers a vehicle to a dealer. In fact, Ford will take a cash hit (admittedly a very small one) when it refunds reservation holders our $500 so that we can make deposits with individual dealers.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Difference is, with Tesla you know what you are paying at the time you place your order. There is nothing equivalent to ADM on a Tesla. Not really a good comparison.
Exactly, I know what I'd pay for a Tesla if I go to the retail store 1.5 miles from my house, or if I just place an order online right now. I don't have to worry that, after waiting months on a reservation, the dealer is now going to surprise me with a "high demand" upcharge.
I recognize that Ford may drop prices on the MME if demand is not as expected, or to make up for increased competition, or to make up for tax credit reductions, but that's different than dealers telling me a car I thought would be $60k is $70k.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
7 months ago I was very much in favor of Ford selling through established dealerships because one should support local businesses with local service employees over faraway giant corporations with distant service.

Reading this thread makes me wonder why I would have ever felt that way.
It's probably fine for more routine sales. But it kinda sucks for high-demand/low-supply initial surge models like this, where truer supply & demand pricing plays a bigger role. While I'm a big supply & demand guy, it does suck when you're a buyer in this spot where they can demand more $$$ for the latest/greatest new products.

Anyone looking for a deal on a legacy vehicle right now is probably loving the great deals in this environment though. ?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Going to be at my dealership this Saturday for Service, and I am going to ask my salesman what the policy will be on MSRP and AZX plan pricing. I also sent an email (don’t know what good it will do) to Darren Palmer at Ford telling him about this discussion on the forums, and how policies like that if Ford allows them will absolutely kill reservations.

vJason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3 LR AWD, Jeep Wrangler Sport 2D
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Anxious to see what happens around me (Raleigh, NC). Lots of dealers within 3 hours of my home, and I'll drive to one if it pays to do so. Not a big fan of pricing shenanigans for a commodity purchase.
Sponsored