benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I spoke with Paula at Ford. She is answering Mach-E questions directly. She indicated that you would need to cancel your order to change dealerships if you HAVE NOT received the invitation email. Once you receive your purchasing invitation email from Ford, you can log onto the online site and change anything about your reservation except,ordering a First Edition. So, yes you can change dealerships only after you receive the invite.
Paula was quite helpful. She is handling Mach-E questions. Her direct line is 1-800-334-4375.
What is the invitation email? Is this something people receive when it’s time to convert their orders?
Sponsored

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
What is the invitation email? Is this something people receive when it’s time to convert their orders?
Yes, they are being posted on other threads on this forum.
CORRECTION: the current email is NOT the invitation "to order." It will be coming shortly according to the current email.

Last edited:

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Good to see confirmation of being able to swap dealers :), that at least means all forum members will hopefully be able to find at least one dealer that they can do business with.

The litmus test for me will be to see what happens next year with the select and GT trims arrive if those same dealers carry on with fair pricing. When I purchased my focus ST & RS I had to put up with the standard state wide ADM merry go around as dealers that would normally offer competitive pricing couldn't help them selves especially as the large volume dealers would hoover up all the allocations and add a large ADM (looking at you Galpin) leaving a rather limited number of alternative dealers to do business with.

With the reservation setup it has the potential to put more power back into the hands of the consumer where it belongs as we can take it to dealer that will offer fair pricing, but under normal circumstances would have had a low chance of getting an allocation.

Giterdun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reanault 4
Occupation
It
Country flag
Just cancelled one of my reservations here in the UK, now that we can change dealer on ordering.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I spoke with Paula at Ford. She is answering Mach-E questions directly. She indicated that you would need to cancel your order to change dealerships if you HAVE NOT received the invitation email. Once you receive your purchasing invitation email from Ford, you can log onto the online site and change anything about your reservation except,ordering a First Edition. So, yes you can change dealerships only after you receive the invite.
Paula was quite helpful. She is handling Mach-E questions. Her direct line is 1-800-334-4375.
So did Paula say (or did you happen to ask) if you want to try and get a FE now (since we all know there have been some cancellations) how that could possibly happen? After months thinking about it now instead of just the 10 minutes I had after the reveal when I ordered, I now want to consider a FE if I can get one.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, they are being posted on other threads on this forum.
But not the "it’s almost time to complete your Mustang Mach-E order" email many of us are getting, unless I'm missing it in there. When I click the "See your reservation" button in it, it takes me (after login) to my reservation page. Not seeing a way to change dealer there. Shows that it's still in Stage 1 (RESERVATION) status. So I assume you're referring to what will be the next step (PLACE ORDER). Not sure anyone has gotten that yet (other than the people in NL).

Here's what it says below that:

Your Reservation has been placed. As soon as final pricing is available for your acceptance, you will be invited to complete the order and progress to step 2, ‘Order Placed’.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
So did Paula say (or did you happen to ask) if you want to try and get a FE now (since we all know there have been some cancellations) how that could possibly happen?
I did not ask.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
But not the "it’s almost time to complete your Mustang Mach-E order" email many of us are getting, unless I'm missing it in there. When I click the "See your reservation" button in it, it takes me (after login) to my reservation page. Not seeing a way to change dealer there. Shows that it's still in Stage 1 (RESERVATION) status. So I assume you're referring to what will be the next step (PLACE ORDER). Not sure anyone has gotten that yet (other than the people in NL).

Here's what it says below that:

Your Reservation has been placed. As soon as final pricing is available for your acceptance, you will be invited to complete the order and progress to step 2, ‘Order Placed’.
You are correct. The current mailing is NOT the invitation. The invitation will have the URL for the order site along with verification information.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
So did Paula say (or did you happen to ask) if you want to try and get a FE now (since we all know there have been some cancellations) how that could possibly happen? After months thinking about it now instead of just the 10 minutes I had after the reveal when I ordered, I now want to consider a FE if I can get one.
I just called the helpline:

- Order bank opens 06/26. She didn’t have an open time.
- If FE are available, you can change it here. Not sure how that works since I’m sure many are still reservation holders that may just let their reservation expire.
- Some reservations will have to be confirmed by 08/01 and others by 12/31. She referenced the Select as being one you have until 12/31, so I’m guessing Premium and FE models will have to be confirmed by 08/01.
- If there are FE, it will be on a first come first serve basis. Meaning that a lower reservation number does not grant you a better chance of obtaining one.
- All specs and pricing will be published before ordering

I am a little skeptical about being able to place a GT order this early. I say this because GT reservation holders didn’t received the email that most everyone received yesterday. Additionally, I’d be surprised if pricing and specs would be confirmed for a model over a year out. So not sure if her statement was accurate or just an assumption.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I just called the helpline:

- Order bank opens 06/26. She didn’t have an open time.
- If FE are available, you can change it here. Not sure how that works since I’m sure many are still reservation holders that may just let their reservation expire.
- Some reservations will have to be confirmed by 08/01 and others by 12/31. She referenced the Select as being one you have until 12/31, so I’m guessing Premium and FE models will have to be confirmed by 08/01.
- If there are FE, it will be on a first come first serve basis. Meaning that a lower reservation number does not grant you a better chance of obtaining one.
- All specs and pricing will be published before ordering

I am a little skeptical about being able to place a GT order this early. I say this because GT reservation holders didn’t received the email that most everyone received yesterday. Additionally, I’d be surprised if pricing and specs would be confirmed for a model over a year out. So not sure if her statement was accurate or just an assumption.
Thanks for checking! So was it your impression that the sooner you call in to try, the better, regardless of your order number or place in line by timestamp? I may try calling later to see if I get that same kind of response.

Reactions: UW2

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Thanks for checking! So was it your impression that the sooner you call in to try, the better, regardless of your order number or place in line by timestamp? I may try calling later to see if I get that same kind of response.
I assume the order bank is online vs call-in, but yes that’s the impression I got. Reservation number may matter in terms of fulfillment order, but doesn’t have an impact on when you can place your actual order.

Giterdun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reanault 4
Occupation
It
Country flag
If you don't need to make select section, untill 12/31, then can only deduce it could be 2 or 3 months into the new year before these variants are available in Europe....

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
If you don't need to make select section, untill 12/31, then can only deduce it could be 2 or 3 months into the new year before these variants are available in Europe....
Well the ones you have to select by 12/31 are models that weren’t promised until 2021 anyway (Select, GT, and California Route 1[I think]).

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Maybe, although it's also possible the orders already placed well before the 12/31 deadline might be fulfilled in Jan/Feb. Not sure if they'll wait until all the orders are finalized (12/31) before shipping any to Europe.

Giterdun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reanault 4
Occupation
It
Country flag
Really!, I was under the assumption that mine was to be ready late 2020, same as other variants. Oh well choices will have expanded by then. VW id4, BMW ix3 (i think its called) and hopefully a few others. Still getting delivery from August on my Polestar order but that could mean anytime after that.
Sponsored