Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I assume the order bank is online vs call-in, but yes that’s the impression I got. Reservation number may matter in terms of fulfillment order, but doesn’t have an impact on when you can place your actual order.
Was told the reservation order would be online by Paula.
Sponsored

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The Ford ordering process makes logical sense. They have to do batches, no way it can be purely in order (1...then 2...then 3). I do feel bad for those that ordered GT, Standard/CA Ed. They don't have a chance to change the order to a Premium/FE. But the FE/Premium reservations can order those trims and push the delivery back.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Well the ones you have to select by 12/31 are models that weren’t promised until 2021 anyway (Select, GT, and California Route 1[I think]).
My guess is that the scheduling will be done in early august, which is why the FE and premiums need top be converted by then - so everyone keeps their place in line and ford can start production. I would further suppose that select/rt1/gt reservations converted to orders AFTER the schedule is made will be placed at the end of the schedule regardless of timestamp or anything else - so if you wait until 12/31 to order you will likely be looking at a summer delivery.

Florida7382

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Anyone from Florida? Rep from Coconut Ford in Bonita Springs today told me they do accept X-Plan and charge $100 ADM. He also told me they have 1 reservation (not mine) at this time.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I assume the order bank is online vs call-in, but yes that’s the impression I got. Reservation number may matter in terms of fulfillment order, but doesn’t have an impact on when you can place your actual order.
One of our Forum members had been told previously that if FEs are available, earlier reservation holders would have first dibs. Of course that may have changed or may have been a guess at the time. I think the whole idea of how one could grab an unused FE reservation may be something Ford hasn't figured out yet.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My guess is that the scheduling will be done in early august, which is why the FE and premiums need top be converted by then - so everyone keeps their place in line and ford can start production. I would further suppose that select/rt1/gt reservations converted to orders AFTER the schedule is made will be placed at the end of the schedule regardless of timestamp or anything else - so if you wait until 12/31 to order you will likely be looking at a summer delivery.
This agrees with the nugget at the end of the Forbes article on hands-free driving:
"Due to the slowdown in work during this spring’s pandemic, the production launch of the Mach-E has been pushed back by about two months to October, but deliveries are still expected to begin this fall."
https://www.forbes.com/sites/samabu...iving-coming-to-2021-ford-mustang-mach-e/amp/

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
One of our Forum members had been told previously that if FEs are available, earlier reservation holders would have first dibs. Of course that may have changed or may have been a guess at the time. I think the whole idea of how one could grab an unused FE reservation may be something Ford hasn't figured out yet.
One thing that isn't clear is when the order banks open for the reservation holders, is it black friday free for all where everyone rushes in? Or will the timestamp/reservation # play a roll in when we can place our order.

Ford should already know when anyone cancels the FE. The ones where they let it expire is harder to count.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
One thing that isn't clear is when the order banks open for the reservation holders, is it black friday free for all where everyone rushes in? Or will the timestamp/reservation # play a roll in when we can place our order.

Ford should already know when anyone cancels the FE. The ones where they let it expire is harder to count.
I was told be the Ford Rep that it was first come, first serve when the order bank opens, but she could be mistaken.

And I agree on the cancellations. I just wonder if the bulk of freed up FE will come from letting reservations expire. I’m sure some people already decided they didn’t want to order and wanted their money back right away. However, I have to believe that there are many who are the fence and will keep their reservation until the last possible moment.

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Wow! Called four dealers close to me and no definitive answer about ADM or X-Plan. It's like they're clueless that the vehicle is going to be available for order next week. :(

I hope this isn't a bad sign about future support for the MME in the near-term.

TheBluf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Sonata
Country flag
Paul,
1 of the 5 in the north OC area said they will take AZX pin & no dealer markup. Tuttle-Click Ford Lincoln in Irvine. Another said no markup but don't believe there is AZX pin pricing.
Tuttle-Click Ford told me they were not aware of any Plan Pricing for the Mach-E. Who did you speak to?

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 AWD LR
Country flag
That's not always true. I've called and talked to the parts/service department at the KC service center. Also they were very quick to respond to an email too.

Customer service as with ALL manufacturers will matter more by who is employed at your local service/dealer than the structure of the dealer.

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 AWD LR
Country flag
Sure enough, called the dealership I selected and he says it's going to be a $5-10K ADM depending how much business I've given them in the past. Looks like it's time to find a new one. I haven't seen any on the list in Illinois on the alternate thread without ADM.
Jesus .. did you respond with "Oh so you want to calculate how much I've spent with you? Well once you get that number you can add +$0 dollars to it and that will be my lifetime number"

TheBluf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Sonata
Country flag
Jim Follmer
Thanks. I haven't heard back from them, but found another dealer that will accept Plan Pricing if it's available. I updated the wiki.

EDIT: They're now confirming they'll accept plan pricing - wiki updated.

Last edited: