John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
At my dealer getting new tires on my Escape. Both people I deal with at least claimed ignorance to all I have learned here. Told them I need to know in particular about X Plan and ADM before orders open up. They promised to let me know for sure, and we will see.
Sponsored

Deleted member 367

The problems and pain of working with auto dealers and their often sleazy tactics is why I used a buying service for two of my last three auto purchases. Using the one through our credit union and using Costco were both much better than going into a dealership with a cable lock attached to my wallet and a rear mounted camera on my shoulder.
Hi ChasingCoral, I have been reading your posts for months now, but have never replied to you. But your mention of using a car buying service struck a chord - I have done exactly that several times using a very knowledgable guy, and it really pays off. My guy in Bend, OR charges me $0. He and the dealer he chooses split an item included in the dealer's cost but not shown on the sticker called "advertising hold back charge", which is a charge (often about $800 or so) to supposedly cover a cost where extra advertising is called for. Also, the car buying service is so well thought of by the dealership that often your cost for the car is the most favorable around! As you may have read on this site, I cancelled my MACH-e reservation a couple of months ago because of all the various red flags I was picking up from Ford. This move seems better all the time!
CAGrant

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I called my assigned dealer to see if they would accept X-Plan. Not only NO but they want $15,000 over MSRP! Ford customer service tells me that I can change the dealer when I complete the order on-line. But by ordering on-line I have no way of knowing what the dealer will charge unless I have an agreement with the dealer before ordering. Does anyone know of a dealer in the San Diego area, or anywhere in Southern California, that will accept X-Plan, or at least MSRP?
i have been buying cars through Galpin ford since 2006. My super good friend works there in management. I would be more then happy to help you out. DM me and let’s talk.They do not know the exact pricing yet but I can GUARANTEE you they are not doing any kind of mark up

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I called my assigned dealer to see if they would accept X-Plan. Not only NO but they want $15,000 over MSRP! Ford customer service tells me that I can change the dealer when I complete the order on-line. But by ordering on-line I have no way of knowing what the dealer will charge unless I have an agreement with the dealer before ordering. Does anyone know of a dealer in the San Diego area, or anywhere in Southern California, that will accept X-Plan, or at least MSRP?
I just called my buddy at Galpin ford in Van Nuys. They are #1 or #2 in the country for Ford sales. After reading this I reached out to him and he said the Galoins position is MSRP period. He gave me permission to post his name and cell number. Please feel free to call him and ask. Matthew Sanes.(818) 605-8125. He will be MORE then happy to take over your reservation and guarantee MSRP pricing.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
i have been buying cars through Galpin ford since 2006. My super good friend works there in management. I would be more then happy to help you out. DM me and let’s talk.They do not know the exact pricing yet but I can GUARANTEE you they are not doing any kind of mark up
Rich - I have my reservation right now through Galpin and haven't been able to get them to commit to X plan in writing. Can you help? Have been emailing with Carl. I'm close to moving to another dealer without written confirmation. I have dealt with Galpin before and they have always been good to deal with.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Who is keeping the list of dealers accepting A/X plan etc.

I just met with San Tan Ford in Gilbert AZ (Phoenix) area. They will accept X plan and MSRP. They said they will contact me next week to convert my order.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Rich - I have my reservation right now through Galpin and haven't been able to get them to commit to X plan in writing. Can you help? Have been emailing with Carl. I'm close to moving to another dealer without written confirmation. I have dealt with Galpin before and they have always been good to deal with.
when I read here about the X plan I talked to Galpin people in management Which is like right after the initial reveal. They had not heard anything about it. When I talked to them today they said Ford is not giving them any info about financing.

now what they did say is if Ford offers it then they will do it. You have to understand is so big that they can make deals most other dealerships can. Simple reason is when you sell say 40 cars a DAY you can get special considerations. If X plan is indeedavailable they will do it.

according to the Mustang Club of America it is available. I will say this. When I told them that you can get the X plan by buying a $35 a year to join the club they said that They would join. I was shocked but they said there are times that the X plan is actually better then the employee discount.

my understanding is that as of today Ford is more concerned about delivery times.final financing offers may not be available until just before the first deliveries.

Reactions: abr

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
when I read here about the X plan I talked to Galpin people in management Which is like right after the initial reveal. They had not heard anything about it. When I talked to them today they said Ford is not giving them any info about financing.

now what they did say is if Ford offers it then they will do it. You have to understand is so big that they can make deals most other dealerships can. Simple reason is when you sell say 40 cars a DAY you can get special considerations. If X plan is indeedavailable they will do it.

according to the Mustang Club of America it is available. I will say this. When I told them that you can get the X plan by buying a $35 a year to join the club they said that They would join. I was shocked but they said there are times that the X plan is actually better then the employee discount.

my understanding is that as of today Ford is more concerned about delivery times.final financing offers may not be available until just before the first deliveries.
Did you ask them about EFC08063 mentioned earlier in this thread (#125)?

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Did you ask them about EFC08063 mentioned earlier in this thread (#125)?
I just called. The official answer is that no one knows if the car qualifies. If it does then Galpin will honor it.

now that being said Galpin is having a MAJOR meeting with their sales staff on the 25th of this month. They expect to hear about it by then. The belief is that X plan pricing is NOT allowed on low production and specialty cars like the GT 350, Raptor and a few others. Their belief is that X plan pricing will be available for the Mach E as it does not fall into the specialty limited production mode. Also because Ford wants these cars on the road immediately.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
It has been known for ages that plan pricing would be available on the mach-e so galpin being such a large dealer should know about this, however as galpin are fully paid up memebers of slapping ludicrous ADM on performance models and always end up on the sin bin ADM dealer lists on forums it is not surprising they would forget that plan pricing is available.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
It has been known for ages that plan pricing would be available on the mach-e so galpin being such a large dealer should know about this, however as galpin are fully paid up memebers of slapping ludicrous ADM on performance models and always end up on the sin bin ADM dealer lists on forums it is not surprising they would forget that plan pricing is available.
i have no idea where you get this nonsense that you are typing but quite the contrary. I am no idiot and I would NEVER state something using my name if I was not absolutely sure of the facts.

do you work for ford management??? It is likely that pricing at the highest echelon of of dealerships. They are having a large meeting on the 25th. At that point is when it is suspected that pricing will be known.

obviously delivery schedules maybe closer then all of us realize if this is happening. Yes we can go from reservation to order but no one is going to want to commit to that without a real idea of both financing options and expected delivery time.

Reactions: abr

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
i have no idea where you get this nonsense that you are typing but quite the contrary. I am no idiot and I would NEVER state something using my name if I was not absolutely sure of the facts.

do you work for ford management??? It is likely that pricing at the highest echelon of of dealerships. They are having a large meeting on the 25th. At that point is when it is suspected that pricing will be known.

obviously delivery schedules maybe closer then all of us realize if this is happening. Yes we can go from reservation to order but no one is going to want to commit to that without a real idea of both financing options and expected delivery time.
Galpin has committed to me that any deposit will be fully refundable if I don't go through with the actual purchase. According to the Official No ADM list thread, they have committed to no ADM. I am just waiting for them to say they will accept X Plan (and then no ADM won't matter - for me).

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag

It was posted as late back as DECEMBER 2019 on this forum and all over the web that the dealers had been made aware that the mach-e would fall under plan pricing complete with the discounts, with it not being that hard for people to get x-plan pricing due to the number partners it would be a saving of 2% of MSRP with a $275 administrative fee, which is not to be sniffed at.

Sure there is no obligation for a dealer to do any plan pricing as it is up to them but we have had dealers in the non ADM sticky that have said they will be participating in plan pricing, as has been posted by others while others in this thread have even give more specific details that a dealer can check against see EFC08063 comments above. So you'd think the #1 / #2 ford dealer wouldn't be so clueless when other dealers have already confirmed

I am sure you can't wait to find out the final details and are looking forward to completing your purchase of a first edition with Galpin :). As my chosen dealer from the limited initial options when making my reservation hasn't even bothered to even send an email since making said reservation in November, then if Galpin honors x-plan pricing then it will be a nice to add them to the list of possible alternatives even if there are a much further distance but at present no x-plan pricing puts them in the not getting my business list for me.

Edez ME

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E350
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I am ordering a California Route 1 that is scheduled to be released in 1Q2021, so I am optimistic that the ADM phase has passed by then at the dealerships. From a negotiation point of view, my current vehicle runs perfect with no expected problems, so an ADM Is simply something that I do not need to entertain. I’ll simply walk away from the car and wait for the price to come back to MSRP after early adopters buy their Mach E.

Reading the paper today it stated nearly 1 in 6 Californians are unemployed which has to also affect the number of folks who can consider the Mach E at this time. Dealers charging ADM should look out the windows of their dealership to have a better sense of reality and come to the conclusion now is not a good time to alienate current and future customers.
Sponsored