TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am ordering a California Route 1 that is scheduled to be released in 1Q2021, so I am optimistic that the ADM phase has passed by then at the dealerships. From a negotiation point of view, my current vehicle runs perfect with no expected problems, so an ADM Is simply something that I do not need to entertain. I’ll simply walk away from the car and wait for the price to come back to MSRP after early adopters buy their Mach E.

Reading the paper today it stated nearly 1 in 6 Californians are unemployed which has to also affect the number of folks who can consider the Mach E at this time. Dealers charging ADM should look out the windows of their dealership to have a better sense of reality and come to the conclusion now is not a good time to alienate current and future customers.
I agree that it will be harder now (amidst the shutdown recession) for dealers to find buyers that want the Mach-e so badly that they'll pay ADM to get it. But there's probably still some out there that want the vehicle that badly. The market will tell dealers that when they start converting to orders (if buyers proceed, or walk).

The good news for buyers with reservations is that we (supposedly) can just change dealers. When the initial dealer realizes they'll lose not only the ADM but the entire sale as well, that should shrink their leverage for adding ADM. But only if most reservation holders realize they can change dealers.

It will also depend on how the process is going to work. If a reservation holder doesn't contact the dealer ahead of time (most won't) to find out if they're charging ADM, then they'll start the order process as directed. I don't think we know yet whether we lock in the dealer early in the process (before they might add ADM), or whether we're able to change dealers after final negotiations on price (including any ADM). Still a lot of unknowns about the process.
Sponsored

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
It will also depend on how the process is going to work. If a reservation holder doesn't contact the dealer ahead of time (most won't) to find out if they're charging ADM, then they'll start the order process as directed. I don't think we know yet whether we lock in the dealer early in the process (before they might add ADM), or whether we're able to change dealers after final negotiations on price (including any ADM). Still a lot of unknowns about the process.
This is uncertain. For that reason, I would get confirmation in writing before converting the reservation to order. We don't have any reason to think that, once you've converted to specific dealer (and potentially placed a deposit with that dealer if it requires one) that we can later change dealer without affecting the place in line.

Deleted member 367

I am ordering a California Route 1 that is scheduled to be released in 1Q2021, so I am optimistic that the ADM phase has passed by then at the dealerships. From a negotiation point of view, my current vehicle runs perfect with no expected problems, so an ADM Is simply something that I do not need to entertain. I’ll simply walk away from the car and wait for the price to come back to MSRP after early adopters buy their Mach E.

Reading the paper today it stated nearly 1 in 6 Californians are unemployed which has to also affect the number of folks who can consider the Mach E at this time. Dealers charging ADM should look out the windows of their dealership to have a better sense of reality and come to the conclusion now is not a good time to alienate current and future customers.
Right on, EdzMe! You either get what you want or need from a Ford Dealer, or you say "Thanks but this won't work for me" and walk out the door. Ddealer's loss, not yours.

Edez ME

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E350
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Right on, EdzMe! You either get what you want or need from a Ford Dealer, or you say "Thanks but this won't work for me" and walk out the door. Ddealer's loss, not yours.
In honor of Father’s Day, my dad always told me that someone will always be happy to take you hard earned money, so spend it well. ADM is not spending your money well especially if you can wait or happily switch to another brand.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
In honor of Father’s Day, my dad always told me that someone will always be happy to take you hard earned money, so spend it well. ADM is not spending your money well especially if you can wait or happily switch to another brand.
Or another dealer!

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I just got off the helpline. According to Ford, whether you received the email last week, or not, the order system will open up to the ALL reservist on June 26th. (ALL- Select, FE, Premium, California, and, GT). FE reservist have thru August 31 to complete their order. ALL else (Select, Premium, Cal, GT) have until December 31, 2020. You will be able to change ALL perimeters, except order an FE. (ALL- models, dealer, color, interior, etc.). As FEs become available, they will go onto the system and CAN be chosen. But only after one is cancelled. Hit and miss.

Ford recommended getting the pricing (ADM and AXZ-Plan) in writing before selecting a dealership on the order.

Note: If you did not receive last week's email, I would call the helpline to ensure Ford has your reservation, just saying.

Last edited:

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford recommended getting the pricing (ADM and AXZ-Plan) in writing before selecting a deanship on the order.
This may be an indication that, once you convert the order and specify a dealer, it won’t be easy to change that later if you grow unhappy with a dealer that then is asking for ADM. Therefore, get that commitment in writing now before confirming order through that dealer.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FE reservist have thru August 31 to complete their order. ALL else (Premium, Cal, GT) have until December 31, 2020.
What will be interesting to get transparency on is whether timing of placing the order within the window matters. For example, does reservation no. 9999 who converts to an order for the FE on July 1 jump ahead of reservation no. 5500 who waits until Aug. 30 to convert to FE order?
In other words, is there a benefit to converting early or does the reservation number priority hold regardless of when someone orders within the window?

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I just got off the helpline. According to Ford, whether you received the email last week, or not, the order system will open up to the ALL reservist on June 26th. (ALL- FE, Premium, California, and, GT). FE reservist have thru August 31 to complete their order. ALL else (Premium, Cal, GT) have until December 31, 2020. You will be able to change ALL perimeters, except order an FE. (ALL- models, dealer, color, interior, etc.). As FEs become available, they will go onto the system and CAN be chosen. But only after one is cancelled. Hit and miss.

Ford recommended getting the pricing (ADM and AXZ-Plan) in writing before selecting a deanship on the order.

Note: If you did not receive last week's email, I would call the helpline to ensure Ford has your reservation, just saying.
Also, per the Ford rep, AXZ-Plan pricing IS available. It is up to the dealer to honor!

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I just got off the helpline. According to Ford, whether you received the email last week, or not, the order system will open up to the ALL reservist on June 26th. (ALL- FE, Premium, California, and, GT). FE reservist have thru August 31 to complete their order. ALL else (Premium, Cal, GT) have until December 31, 2020. You will be able to change ALL perimeters, except order an FE. (ALL- models, dealer, color, interior, etc.). As FEs become available, they will go onto the system and CAN be chosen. But only after one is cancelled. Hit and miss.

Ford recommended getting the pricing (ADM and AXZ-Plan) in writing before selecting a dealership on the order.

Did they confirm that pricing and specs would be final for all trims when the bank opened?

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Did they confirm that pricing and specs would be final for all trims when the bank opened?
Did not ask but, assume so. Call: (1-800-334-4375 (1), (3), (1).)

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
What will be interesting to get transparency on is whether timing of placing the order within the window matters. For example, does reservation no. 9999 who converts to an order for the FE on July 1 jump ahead of reservation no. 5500 who waits until Aug. 30 to convert to FE order?
In other words, is there a benefit to converting early or does the reservation number priority hold regardless of when someone orders within the window?
If we keep your example within the same trim then order conversion date does not matter. Only the timestamp on your reservation. Reservation timestamp determines production sequence priority (depending on when that trim is being produced).

So kind of using your example.
Reservation no. 9999 who converts to an order for the FE on July 1 : timestamp is Nov 20
Reservation no. 5555 who converts to FE order on July 30th: timestamp Nov 18

In this example since both are the same trim then the person with the earliest reservation timestamp gets their vehicle produced first, reservation no. 5555.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
(ALL- Select, FE, Premium, California, and, GT). FE reservist have thru August 31 to complete their order. ALL else (Select, Premium, Cal, GT) have until December 31, 2020. You will be able to change ALL perimeters, except order an FE. (ALL- models, dealer, color, interior, etc.).
Hmmm. So this leads me to believe Premium won't be manufactured this year, which means I'm probably out. I need the car by end of December. Guess i'll have to wait and see.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
ALL else (Select, Premium, Cal, GT) have until December 31, 2020.
Wow, that's a much wider window than I expected. Surely many Premiums will already be in the queue for production before 12/31. Meaning anyone that waits until that late in the year to convert reservation-to-order will apparently be slotted later in the queue than their reservation slot. Which makes sense.

I kinda like that for my situation. I was planning on cancelling my res and trying to buy sometime next year after some hit the road for reviews, and I can sit in a demo first. But if I can keep my reservation in place until after the first roadtest reviews, and still be ahead of the general public next year, I may do that.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I just got off the helpline. According to Ford, whether you received the email last week, or not, the order system will open up to the ALL reservist on June 26th. (ALL- Select, FE, Premium, California, and, GT). FE reservist have thru August 31 to complete their order. ALL else (Select, Premium, Cal, GT) have until December 31, 2020. You will be able to change ALL perimeters, except order an FE. (ALL- models, dealer, color, interior, etc.). As FEs become available, they will go onto the system and CAN be chosen. But only after one is cancelled. Hit and miss.

The process for converting to a FE sounds kind of random. Earlier information was that converting would be by your order number/time stamp with those who made reservations first having priority. If what you said is correct, I could convert my premium right away, and lose out on a FE that someone cancels in August because they waited to cancel. And someone else who didn’t reserve until much later than me can get a FE just by luck and timing. That just sounds wrong. Im going to call later.
Sponsored