JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I totally agree that having an EV make ICE engine sounds all the time is not desirable. As to why any noise, for me there is a pleasure in listening to the sound of a V8 when I stomp on it. Every vehicle I've ever bought, I've bought the bigger engine option, even our 3 minivans.

I would pay something for having my EV be able to simulate a V8. It wouldn't be near what Borla is charging, and it would have to be tied to the pedal.

Otherwise, I can simply rig up a speaker to my phone, if I wanted to, and play sound clips. Like pulling into the Earth Day event... I also think it's funny to say play the Jetson car noise as you go by an ICE Mustang for example.

That said, unlike some on this forum, I won't race someone off the line, it's childish and dangerous. I do however sometimes stomp on it for a few seconds to show how fast I blow them away, then come off the pedal. Or, on the highway, when one blows past me laughing, if I see them later I may blow past them and do the same - but if they want to play weaving games I'm out.
The Focus Electric was created/released before the pedestrian alert law existed. As a consequence it was totally silent (except for when the aquarium vacuum pump was running).

I loved that, complete silence. Driving around with the windows open and not a sound (yes, of course, there was tire and wind noise if you were going fast enough but 25-30 mph...nothing).

I remember marveling at a stoplight with it when it was raining as all you could hear was the raindrops on the roof.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The Focus Electric was created/released before the pedestrian alert law existed. As a consequence it was totally silent (except for when the aquarium vacuum pump was running).

I loved that, complete silence. Driving around with the windows open and not a sound (yes, of course, there was tire and wind noise if you were going fast enough but 25-30 mph...nothing).

I remember marveling at a stoplight with it when it was raining as all you could hear was the raindrops on the roof.
Agree, 98% of the time.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Agree, 98% of the time.
To be fair: Nobody is longing for the roar of the 4-cylinder in the ICE Focus ;)

If the Mach-E was called an Escape instead of a Mustang this would be a moot point.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To be fair: Nobody is longing for the roar of the 4-cylinder in the ICE Focus ;)

If the Mach-E was called an Escape instead of a Mustang this would be a moot point.
Nah. It's the acceleration that does it for me.

Say Watt

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE (Bought back), 2022 Kia EV6 GT-L, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Retired Electronics
Country flag
There was no "70" pinto, it was 71 to 80
Perhaps picking nits but the model year was 71 and production started in September of 1970...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Aftermarket Modified Simulated Sounds -- Exhaust? Airplane? UFO? What's your thought? Screen Shot 2023-05-02 at 10.53.34 AM

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
Perhaps picking nits but the model year was 71 and production started in September of 1970...

Screen Shot 2023-05-02 at 10.53.34 AM.png
IMHO, the Mustang had some really great classics and they had some, let's just say questionable years of production.

In any event, I consider them all Mustangs none the less.

Its like relatives that bear the same last name as I have. Some relatives I am proud of, while others are quite the opposite. They still bear the same name but I wish I could say their last name with air quotes. ;)

Last edited:

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
on the highway, when one blows past me laughing, if I see them later I may blow past them and do the same
That sounds childish and dangerous, and definitely something I would never do.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That sounds childish and dangerous, and definitely something I would never do.
Guess you should delete a few posts you made that seem to show quite different behavior... 🤣

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
The past lasts for eternity on the interwebs. lol.

My "ffffbbbbbtttttttttppp" aquarium vacuum pump on my FF "fffffftbbbbbtttttttppppp" E was the only thing that rea "fffffbbbbttttppppp"ly annoyed me about the car. Otherwise I'da gotten way more points moving down people in parking lots. I'm way happier with the much quieter fan on the MME when charging.

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
wow, thank you so much for all these discussions here. we definitely receive a good amount of feedback on this item now.
we have been thinking about how the future EV Mod will go, this is another attempt, cant wait to see where it is heading to.