Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’ve been most interested in the P Zeros as well but from what I’m seeing it doesn’t come in a 295. I’m no tire guru so maybe I won’t know what I’m missing. I need an all season for a little snow too.
I am changing up the tire sizes going with the Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus's because I don't need and all out wide tire especially if I am going to use it in light snow. That said, I went with 245/45/20 front, 275/40/20 rear and having them installed on Tuesday. Want to test them out on the Premium for a few weeks before the GT/PE comes in.
Sponsored

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Had these Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus tires installed a few days ago like I stated above. Have only driven about 50 miles but so far they seem like a very nice tire. Steering is not as sharp as with the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV tires I had on before. They are just every so slightly quieter but the ride is less harsh for sure. Going over irregularities on the road and over rail road tracks is smoother for sure. They seem to handle just as good, really don't notice any difference there but haven't really driven them hard yet. I like the look of the Michelin's better since they have a more squared off, flat sidewall compared the the Pirelli's rounded sidewall but I'm ok with it. 245/45/20, 275/40/20

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Aftermarket wheel and tire information and pictures NZ7_64581900

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Aftermarket wheel and tire information and pictures NZ7_64601900

Phil9151

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT:PE
Occupation
Store Manager
Country flag
Hey guys, My GTPE just left the factory. I would really like to get a set of winter tires and SMALLER rims on her before I even touch the car. Any suggestions for clearing those Brembos with 19" or even 18" wheels?

nicholaspe

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Had these Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus tires installed a few days ago like I stated above. Have only driven about 50 miles but so far they seem like a very nice tire. Steering is not as sharp as with the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV tires I had on before. They are just every so slightly quieter but the ride is less harsh for sure. Going over irregularities on the road and over rail road tracks is smoother for sure. They seem to handle just as good, really don't notice any difference there but haven't really driven them hard yet. I like the look of the Michelin's better since they have a more squared off, flat sidewall compared the the Pirelli's rounded sidewall but I'm ok with it. 245/45/20, 275/40/20

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Aftermarket wheel and tire information and pictures NZ7_64601900

Those look great!! My ME finally arrived the other day. Been a blast so far. Going to order wheels and tires tonight. I think I'm going to go with the Curva c300 wheel 20x9.5 / 20x10.5 with 255x45 front and 295x40 rear, Toyo Proxes STIII. I believe this is the same size and tires as the OP.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Those look great!! My ME finally arrived the other day. Been a blast so far. Going to order wheels and tires tonight. I think I'm going to go with the Curva c300 wheel 20x9.5 / 20x10.5 with 255x45 front and 295x40 rear, Toyo Proxes STIII. I believe this is the same size and tires as the OP.
Thanks Nick. I had the same size tires you want to go with (255/45/20, 295/40/20) before I just changed the slightly narrower Pirelli's. I need to use these for light snow so didn't want as wide of a tire. The wider tires do look really good though. Here are some photos of my car with them if you missed it earlier in this thread. #3

AKPat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME GTPE, ‘14 F-350 DRW, ‘19 Edge ST
Country flag
Hey guys, My GTPE just left the factory. I would really like to get a set of winter tires and SMALLER rims on her before I even touch the car. Any suggestions for clearing those Brembos with 19" or even 18" wheels?
I‘m in the same boat, but my GTPE should be arrive here in AK berore the end of the month. Check out this thread: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/gt-performance-edition-winter-tires.9515/
No definitive word yet if 19”s will fit….I think 18 is a definite no go.
We arleady have snow falling here so I will need to swap out the summer tires as soon as it gets here. I am about to just go ahead and order a set of 20” blizzaks and wheels just to be sure they will clear the brakes.

nicholaspe

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Thanks Nick. I had the same size tires you want to go with (255/45/20, 295/40/20) before I just changed the slightly narrower Pirelli's. I need to use these for light snow so didn't want as wide of a tire. The wider tires do look really good though. Here are some photos of my car with them if you missed it earlier in this thread. #3
I've spent quite a bit of time staring at your set up. In the end it was my inspiration. I've got the wheels ordered and now trying to order the tire. Discount Tire comes in a bit cheaper installed than anywhere else around. However, the site wants me to put in my vehicle for tire fitment but then tells me that the tire is not compatible and won't let me order. Your car is proof that they are compatible! You didn't have to do any mods of any kind right? No rubbing etc? Also, I will have some light snow to navigate. I hope I'm ok with this set up....

Last edited:

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
I've spent quite a bit of time staring at your set up. In the end it was my inspiration. I've got the wheels ordered and now trying to order the tire. Discount Tire comes in a bit cheaper installed than anywhere else around. However, the site wants me to put in my vehicle for tire fitment but then tells me that the tire is not compatible and won't let me order. Your car is proof that they are compatible! You didn't have to do any mods of any kind right? No rubbing etc?
I have a set of Firestone Indy 500's for my Mach e and Discount tire told me they would not fit my wheels.
I went to the Firestone store and they mounted and balanced them with no problem

nicholaspe

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
I have a set of Firestone Indy 500's for my Mach e and Discount tire told me they would not fit my wheels.
I went to the Firestone store and they mounted and balanced them with no problem
Yeah, I've seen that they are compatible but the site doesn't even let me order them. Discount Tire is one of the only places I've been able to find the tires, and they are much less expensive due to a discount. I'd be happy to take them to someone else if I could just get them ordered. Probably need to call the shop tomorrow.

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
Yeah, I've seen that they are compatible but the site doesn't even let me order them. Discount Tire is one of the only places I've been able to find the tires, and they are much less expensive due to a discount. I'd be happy to take them to someone else if I could just get them ordered. Probably need to call the shop tomorrow.
Ordered my tires and wheels online !

nicholaspe

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Ordered my tires and wheels online !
I may need to do the same in the end. Kind of liked the idea of ordering online through Discount Tire for the good price and the fact that I get the support of Discount Tire locally (ie flat repair etc). Maybe I’ll end up looking elsewhere and just taking them to another shop to mount.

Mockingbird2004

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Elevator Construction Mechanic
Country flag
Did anyone of you use aftermarket TPS sensors or reuse the factory units?
My Vossen wheels HF2 22x9.5 are in production. Looking forward to adding my ride to the list of awesome rides posted here.