Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If some of you swapping wheels happen to live in Houston and have the GTPE wheels available and want to just leave them in my garage.....
Sponsored

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
If some of you swapping wheels happen to live in Houston and have the GTPE wheels available and want to just leave them in my garage.....
In your dreams...

ToadStool

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Aftermarket wheel and tire information and pictures 1654475084123

My iced blue silver 2022 GT with new wheels. Today it looks pure silver.

Wheels are MRR GF9. Specs are 20x8.5 and 35 ET.

Tires are OEM Continental Cross Contact 245/45r20.

Tire sidewalls appear to be flush with outside fender flares.

Last edited:

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Aftermarket wheel and tire information and pictures 1654475084123

My iced blue silver 2022 GT with new wheels. Today it looks pure silver.

Wheels are MRR GF9. Specs are 20x8.5 and 35 ET.

Tires are OEM Continental Cross Contact 245/45r20.

Tire sidewalls appear to be flush with outside fender flares.
Can you post some more pictures? Would be great to see this wheel setup and their flushness on the fenders.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag

ToadStool

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT
Country flag
This is great. Thanks so much.
I’m on the fence between 8.5 and 9, so these help a lot.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Aftermarket wheel and tire information and pictures 1654486626032

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Aftermarket wheel and tire information and pictures 1654486659939

My pleasure. I can't begin to tell you how much research I did on wheels and tires. And yes, I also wrestled with the 8.5" vs 9.0" as well as a small host of other little nuances. These seemed the best overall compromise for my somewhat short term needs. With the OEM tires and these wheels' 35 ET, each tire/wheel combo sticks further out 1/2"-inch over the stock combo.

Last edited:

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
I thought I was going to be the first one with @MRR Wheels GF9s, but @ToadStool beat me to it! We might have been waiting on the same manufacturing run...

These are the MRR GF9s, 20x8.5, ET35, with Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus, in the slightly wider/taller 255/45R20 size. I decided to go with the 8.5" instead of the 9.0" options because it is plenty wide for the 255 section tire, a bit lighter, and ends up with a teeny bit less poke than the 9.0" at ET35. They are damn near flush with the fender wells, though they do stick out quite a bit more than stock.

Clearance is perfect, no rubbing or issues anywhere. I've been running a 235/60R18 winter tire which is the same diameter and didn't have any issues over the winter either. The extra 1% is clearly a non-issue.

I ordered from CarID - shipping took almost 2 months since they only had 3 wheels left and needed the 4th (how did that happen?), but hey, I took my chill pill and waited like a good boy. They do require a centering ring to fit the hub bore, and smaller diameter lug nuts, but CarID supplies both with the fitment kit (silly me I ordered rings separately as well, so now I have extra!).

The recommended PDQ multi-frequency TPMS sensors paired up with no complaints, and no action required on my part, just mounted and went for a drive. UPDATE: These sensors aren’t working now. They appeared to pair fine, but after an hour of driving I got TPMS fault messages and no sensors detected. Need to troubleshoot or find a way to get them to connect.

For others shopping, the wheel caps come with the GroundForce stickers unapplied so you can put your own on right away if you'd like, and they are designed for a 64mm decal. I'll get some Mustang ones soon. The supplied lug nuts are 3/4" / 19mm, and work fine, but are a bit longer than the need to be. I might get a shorter set at some point, but that is picking nits...

The wheels look great, the tires are quite and comfortable, and I didn't add much road noise or vibration even with the drop in aspect ratio from the 18" winters to the 20" summers.

Now one thing I'd like to see would be a "widebody" fender kit from @AOSK! A fender kit that stuck out an extra 1-2cm to provide a touch more coverage for people with these popular 8-9" wheels on ET35 would be welcome. I think it could be done in a stock-like way just by starting a bit higher, and staying a bit wider as the flap comes down.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Aftermarket wheel and tire information and pictures IMG_9758 copy

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Aftermarket wheel and tire information and pictures IMG_9771 copy
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Aftermarket wheel and tire information and pictures IMG_9769 copy
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Aftermarket wheel and tire information and pictures IMG_9770 copy
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Aftermarket wheel and tire information and pictures IMG_9763 copy

Last edited:

ToadStool

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT
Country flag
I thought I was going to be the first one with @MRR Wheels GF9s, but @ToadStool beat me to it! We might have been waiting on the same manufacturing run...

These are the MRR GF9s, 20x8.5, ET35, with Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus, in the slightly wider/taller 255/45R20 size. I decided to go with the 8.5" instead of the 9.0" options because it is plenty wide for the 255 section tire, a bit lighter, and ends up with a teeny bit less poke than the 9.0" at ET35. They are damn near flush with the fender wells, though they do stick out quite a bit more than stock.

Clearance is perfect, no rubbing or issues anywhere. I've been running a 235/60R18 winter tire which is the same diameter and didn't have any issues over the winter either. The extra 1% is clearly a non-issue.

I ordered from CarID - shipping took almost 2 months since they only had 3 wheels left and needed the 4th (how did that happen?), but hey, I took my chill pill and waited like a good boy. They do require a centering ring to fit the hub bore, and smaller diameter lug nuts, but CarID supplies both with the fitment kit (silly me I ordered rings separately as well, so now I have extra!). The recommended PDQ multi-frequency TPMS sensors paired up with no complaints, and no action required on my part, just mounted and went for a drive.

For others shopping, the wheel caps come with the GroundForce stickers unapplied so you can put your own on right away if you'd like, and they are designed for a 64mm decal. I'll get some Mustang ones soon. The supplied lug nuts are 3/4" / 19mm, and work fine, but are a bit longer than the need to be. I might get a shorter set at some point, but that is picking nits...

The wheels look great, the tires are quite and comfortable, and I didn't add much road noise or vibration even with the drop in aspect ratio from the 18" winters to the 20" summers.

Now one thing I'd like to see would be a "widebody" fender kit from @AOSK! A fender kit that stuck out an extra 1-2cm to provide a touch more coverage for people with these popular 8-9" wheels on ET35 would be welcome. I think it could be done in a stock-like way just by starting a bit higher, and staying a bit wider as the flap comes down.
Nice choice. :)

AKFrozenMachE

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT AWD DMG
Occupation
Business Manager
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Aftermarket wheel and tire information and pictures Mach E GT
Finally picked up my MME GT AWD Extended (Dark Matter Gray). Here is my setup:

Niche Misano
Color: Satin Black
Size: 20x9 +38
Bolt pattern: 5 x 108 (standard to factory)
Tires: 255/45/20 (Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus)

Last edited:

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Aftermarket wheel and tire information and pictures Mach E GT
Finally picked up my MME GT. Here is my setup:

Niche Misano
Color: Satin Black
Size: 20x9 +38
Bolt pattern: 5 x 108 (standard to factory)
Tires: 255/45/20 (Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus)
Thanks for sharing this. I'm looking at the same tires, slightly different wheels but the same size. Do you have any more pics from the rear that show the width of the tire in the rear? I'm trying to see how flush it is with the fender, and overall width, as I think 225's look uncomfortably thin and awkward from behind.

Thank you!!

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Shout out @markboris for still having the best looking MME two years into the game.
Thanks JB, those were temporary wheels only on the right side that Terrance was showing off on my car. On the left side were my wheels. People thought I was crazy running around with two different sets of wheels but at least the tires were the same size. 😊

I know many here like all black wheels and so do I but I'm going to change it up on my car in a couple of weeks. Same wheels but the face will be machined aluminum. Too many times when photographing this car, the wheels look like a black hole with the Iconic Silver body color and you don't really see the design. On my darker Premium Infinite Blue, they looked better (less contrast). I know I am going to get a lot of flack over it but hey, can always have them powder coated back to gloss black if I end up not liking it.

Below is a recent photo from Yosemite where the car is in the shade. Can't tell the design of the wheels. Below that a couple of photos with my new tires (Michelin Pilot Sport 4 NO Acoustic 275/40/20 F, 315/35/20 R) and they are in direct sunlight. In all the photos, I brought up the blacks and shadows a bit but don't like to overdue it as it looks weird.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Aftermarket wheel and tire information and pictures NZ7_655124

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Aftermarket wheel and tire information and pictures NZ7_65822400D

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Aftermarket wheel and tire information and pictures NZ7_65832400D

Last edited: