Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
But wait, wheels and tires
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD IMG_6065

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD IMG_6067
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD IMG_6066

Did someone say Pressure?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD IMG_6053

and another gratuitous wet pony
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD IMG_6063

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Finally, let's go inside for a look around.

I didn't want to repeat what everyone else had posted, so
Backseat armrest and cup holders
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD IMG_6026

Backseat vents and USB ports:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD IMG_6027

My wife was really impressed by the extremely practical little touches. Every "holder" has a nice rubber mat floor (cup holders, phone tray, tray under the phones, etc.). The rubber mats have lips to keep stuff in and is removable for easy cleaning.
Front cup holders:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD IMG_6082

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD IMG_6083

The under the phone tray:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD IMG_6086
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD IMG_6085

(I didn't photograph the phone tray mat and the pony underneath as someone else already shared those).

She loved the hinged floating armrest that stays up if you want it to:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD IMG_6091

and the inside compartment under it (with its own little LED light) where the 12v outlet and fob holder reside -- currently full of cleaning supplies!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD IMG_6092

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
And looking up, one thing is obvious about that gorgeous Panoramic Glass Roof: it is quite tinted.

To your left you see the Glass Roof, to the right the passenger side window. From the overhead lights you can see how much it is tinted along with being low emissivity glass. This is part of what keeps it cool.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD IMG_6025

I checked out the mystery button next to the mirror -- a mystery
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD IMG_6022

It's not the microphone for the phone and other pickups as I think that's here over the driver:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD IMG_6093

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD IMG_6094

More lights and controls between the mirror and the sunglasses compartment.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD IMG_6095

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
One downer I saw. Is it just me or does it seem to others like headlamp covers/lenses really shouldn't let in so much moisture that they fog like this?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD IMG_6071

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
And looking up, one thing is obvious about that gorgeous Panoramic Glass Roof: it is quite tinted.

To your left you see the Glass Roof, to the right the passenger side window. From the overhead lights you can see how much it is tinted along with being low emissivity glass. This is part of what keeps it cool.
IMG_6025.jpeg

I checked out the mystery button next to the mirror -- a mystery
IMG_6022.jpeg

It's not the microphone for the phone and other pickups as I think that's here over the driver:
IMG_6093.jpeg

IMG_6094.jpeg

More lights and controls between the mirror and the sunglasses compartment.
IMG_6095.jpeg
Maybe it's a fastener and replaced when servicing that component?

Or it could be the transmission source for the death ray equipped "sentry mode" optional/paid OTA update.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
One downer I saw. Is it just me or does it seem to others like headlamp covers/lenses really shouldn't let in so much moisture that they fog like this?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD IMG_6071
My ICe vehicles dont do that so yup you are right

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Almost forgot -- the picture off my wife's phone. For those of you wondering if your really huge phone will fit, here's an iPhone 11 Pro in the charging side
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD IMG_5495

You can see a little rubber spacer nub on the left that could be removed with a razor blade or utility knife if you have a Plus-sized phone.

If you really need extra space (or maybe for a tablet?) you can remove the rubber tray and lay the phone right on the inductive charging pad (again, someone already posted a photo of this in a Mach E Tour visit).

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Some screens and displays:

I found that same screen to enable/disable Valet mode but didn't find the screen that gives you the valet code. I didn't try entering a pin to see what it gives you. I'll put that on my list for a "planned" visit and on a car that isn't about to be driven to another meeting. I didn't want to mess anything up and tick off Zach!
IMG_6021.jpeg
Pretty sure you enter a pin for the ensuing Valet session on this screen. It should prompt you to re-enter the chosen pin to ensure the entered pin matches. Then, once the pin is used a third time to exit Valet mode, the system resets.

The process would need to be repeated for the next Valet session.

Last edited:

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD IMG_5495
No. But...

Guess what part on a car has the most complicated tooling mold? So hard to get right until production. Not too worried about a July car. Famous last words.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My ICe vehicles dont do that so yup you are right
Our last two Toyotas have done this too. It contributes to ending up with a film on the inside of the lenses. My truck even had standing water in the headlamp cover until I drilled tiny holes for it to drain out.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
No. But...

Guess what part on a car has the most complicated tooling mold? So hard to get right until production. Not too worried about a July car. Famous last words.
I really hope this is a July car issue. ?

Last edited:

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
And I don't know about you but I still can't get enough of those turn signals!

Did these Ford guys know you from this forum? I know some of them lurk on here.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I think if you press the ‘mystery button’ the roof flies off.

Tesla has a problem with mist in the light casings. It’s a build flaw. I really hope production models will not have this fault.
Sponsored