JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
And looking up, one thing is obvious about that gorgeous Panoramic Glass Roof: it is quite tinted.

To your left you see the Glass Roof, to the right the passenger side window. From the overhead lights you can see how much it is tinted along with being low emissivity glass. This is part of what keeps it cool.
IMG_6025.jpeg

I checked out the mystery button next to the mirror -- a mystery
IMG_6022.jpeg

It's not the microphone for the phone and other pickups as I think that's here over the driver:
IMG_6093.jpeg

IMG_6094.jpeg

More lights and controls between the mirror and the sunglasses compartment.
IMG_6095.jpeg
Really cool looking lights

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Did these Ford guys know you from this forum? I know some of them lurk on here.
Zach didn't say that he did but he mentioned he reads the forums.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Ding, Ding, Ding! You win the prize. It was driven her by Zach Doerr, the Ford Dealer's Representative down for a meeting with Koons Ford. He may be at one or two of the upcoming Maryland Mach E Tour stops.

My wife and I basically had an opportunity to go over the car top to bottom for an hour. A couple of other random (not Mach E customers) and some employees looked at it for a few minutes but that's it.
Its great that you had the car for yourself for most part - and thanks for all the detailed pictures and info.

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
One downer I saw. Is it just me or does it seem to others like headlamp covers/lenses really shouldn't let in so much moisture that they fog like this?
IMG_6071.jpeg
This and the 240 mile range is starting to really concern me...

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Finally, let's go inside for a look around.

I didn't want to repeat what everyone else had posted, so
Backseat armrest and cup holders
IMG_6026.jpeg

Backseat vents and USB ports:
IMG_6027.jpeg

My wife was really impressed by the extremely practical little touches. Every "holder" has a nice rubber mat floor (cup holders, phone tray, tray under the phones, etc.). The rubber mats have lips to keep stuff in and is removable for easy cleaning.
Front cup holders:
IMG_6082.jpeg

IMG_6083.jpeg

The under the phone tray:
IMG_6086.jpeg
IMG_6085.jpeg

(I didn't photograph the phone tray mat and the pony underneath as someone else already shared those).

She loved the hinged floating armrest that stays up if you want it to:
IMG_6091.jpeg

and the inside compartment under it (with its own little LED light) where the 12v outlet and fob holder reside -- currently full of cleaning supplies!
IMG_6092.jpeg
Whats your lady think of the mache ?

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Thanks for the pics and all the comments. You didn't mention seat comfort? What did you like the most?

4pac

First Name
Sphen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE/TeslaY
Country flag
Is the space under the phone chargers supposed to be for the purse or the space under the arm rest?

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Now for the part without pictures -- our general impressions.

WOW!

Did I say that before?

I continue to be really impressed with this car. It is definitely a beautifully styled automobile. I loved it in the reveal and even more when I saw a GT at the Washington Auto Show. As my wife said "It'll really turn heads". I'm thrilled that she really likes the looks of it. The Mach E really looks good from every angle and her haunches are slippery when wet (yes I'm talking about the car!).

My wife also loved the Infinite Blue. I had to reminder her that IB isn't a First Edition color and that she said she doesn't like the black wheel lip arches. She concurred (whew!).

Someone today was asking me about it (he actually has a reservation deposit down and is still contemplating). He asked what it really looks like: sports car, sedan, SUV? The Mustang Mach E has the powerful look and form that comes from its Mustang heritage. The best description I could give is it looks like a bigger version of a classic Jaguar E-Types, the ones that inspired the original Datsun 240Z. It looks strong and sporty but big enough to be comfortable.

As everyone else has said, there is plenty of room. I'm 5' 11" and space is absolutely no issue. My wife was really impressed with the spacious interior. Unlike our Leaf or the bigger Prius before it, when the back seats fold forward, they don't even come close to hitting the front seats.

Getting in and out: I never mentioned the high sill to my wife (who is 5'8") and I watched her get in and out of each seat, some multiple times. She never hit her foot on the sill. I didn't either. It just wasn't an issue. I had no issues getting in or out, nor did I find myself reaching for the roof.

The seats are really comfy. I forgot to try the seat adjustment as it seemed fine for me already and I didn't think to. My wife did adjust the driver's seat and thought it adjusted fine to fit her comfortably. I just got in and it felt really good.

As mentioned before, the vision out the back isn't the greatest. On the other hand it's not that bad either. The rear window fills most of the rear-view mirror and you can see what's behind you fine. The B-pillar is well placed and didn't seem to cause a blindspot for me. Of course, I didn't drive it. I'll have to look at that more closely next time. The C-pillars aren't the smallest but don't seem to obscure vision badly at all -- certainly not like a Mustang Coupe! Again, I'll really test that when I drive. The side mirrors seemed plenty large enough as well. Toss in the BLIS (which neither of our vehicles have) and I think vision out the back and sides will be fine. The view across that hood feels powerful.

The doors were solid! I opened an closed every door, hood, hatch, charger cover multiple times. Everything seemed really well built. I saw not fit or finish issues other than the mist in the headlamp lenses (both of them).

Now I can't wait for a chance to ride along and then get behind the wheel. I'll keep reminding myself the wait won't be much longer!

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Is the space under the phone chargers supposed to be for the purse or the space under the arm rest?
You know, that's a very good question. From watching the webinars I wasn't quite sure. When we got in the car I suggested to my wife that was what the space under phones was for. She said "maybe for a wallet or a clutch". She then lifted the armrest and said definitively "that's where my purse is going"!

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Now for the part without pictures -- our general impressions.

WOW!

Did I say that before?

I continue to be really impressed with this car. It is definitely a beautifully styled automobile. I loved it in the reveal and even more when I saw a GT at the Washington Auto Show. As my wife said "It'll really turn heads". I'm thrilled that she really likes the looks of it. The Mach E really looks good from every angle and her haunches are slippery when wet (yes I'm talking about the car!).

My wife also loved the Infinite Blue. I had to reminder her that IB isn't a First Edition color and that she said she doesn't like the black wheel lip arches. She concurred (whew!).

Someone today was asking me about it (he actually has a reservation deposit down and is still contemplating). He asked what it really looks like: sports car, sedan, SUV? The Mustang Mach E has the powerful look and form that comes from its Mustang heritage. The best description I could give is it looks like a bigger version of a classic Jaguar E-Types, the ones that inspired the original Datsun 240Z. It looks strong and sporty but big enough to be comfortable.

As everyone else has said, there is plenty of room. I'm 5' 11" and space is absolutely no issue. My wife was really impressed with the spacious interior. Unlike our Leaf or the bigger Prius before it, when the back seats fold forward, they don't even come close to hitting the front seats.

Getting in and out: I never mentioned the high sill to my wife (who is 5'8") and I watched her get in and out of each seat, some multiple times. She never hit her foot on the sill. I didn't either. It just wasn't an issue. I had no issues getting in or out, nor did I find myself reaching for the roof.

The seats are really comfy. I forgot to try the seat adjustment as it seemed fine for me already and I didn't think to. My wife did adjust the driver's seat and thought it adjusted fine to fit her comfortably. I just got in and it felt really good.

As mentioned before, the vision out the back isn't the greatest. On the other hand it's not that bad either. The rear window fills most of the rear-view mirror and you can see what's behind you fine. The B-pillar is well placed and didn't seem to cause a blindspot for me. Of course, I didn't drive it. I'll have to look at that more closely next time. The C-pillars aren't the smallest but don't seem to obscure vision badly at all -- certainly not like a Mustang Coupe! Again, I'll really test that when I drive. The side mirrors seemed plenty large enough as well. Toss in the BLIS (which neither of our vehicles have) and I think vision out the back and sides will be fine. The view across that hood feels powerful.

The doors were solid! I opened an closed every door, hood, hatch, charger cover multiple times. Everything seemed really well built. I saw not fit or finish issues other than the mist in the headlamp lenses (both of them).

Now I can't wait for a chance to ride along and then get behind the wheel. I'll keep reminding myself the wait won't be much longer!
Thanks much for the details

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I almost forgot an all-important item. While I was hearing very little from my dealer for a long time, Narh at Koons Ford Silver Spring, MD has always been helpful. Now that the Mach E builds are scheduled and we are all feeling this is getting real, he's getting excited too. He was thrilled to call me today and say "You'll never guess what I have here"! Fortunately I didn't have anything scheduled in the early afternoon and was able to drop everything and rush over (after changing into some Mach E gear).

I'm really glad Narh called me today and I had a chance to spend time with the Mach E this afternoon.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I almost forgot an all-important item. While I was hearing very little from my dealer for a long time, Narh at Koons Ford Silver Spring, MD has always been helpful. Now that the Mach E builds are scheduled and we are all feeling this is getting real, he's getting excited too. He was thrilled to call me today and say "You'll never guess what I have here"! Fortunately I didn't have anything scheduled in the early afternoon and was able to drop everything and rush over (after changing into some Mach E gear).

I'm really glad Narh called me today and I had a chance to spend time with the Mach E this afternoon.
I wish I would have checked out my local dealers before ordering. My dealer hasn't been helpful but others in the area seem more excited.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
And I don't know about you but I still can't get enough of those turn signals!

Very Bright too