Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER IB Job 1
Occupation
Engr Prof emeritus
Country flag
I put together a pretty basic acceleration model and was able to match the Ford target of 0-60 mph with 1 ft roll out by adjusting the test mass just slightly. See attached. The modeling of a higher performance GT model gets a bit tricky due to traction and traction control. Has the curb weight of the GT been published?

Edit: I have added the calculations for the RWD here
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
EVmodeler

EVmodeler

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER IB Job 1
Occupation
Engr Prof emeritus
Country flag
When cars get into some reviewer/magazine hands, will be interesting to see if the 13.5 s 1/4 mile time prediction matches up with testing.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I put together a pretty basic acceleration model and was able to match the Ford target of 0-60 mph with 1 ft roll out by adjusting the test mass just slightly. See attached. The modeling of a higher performance GT model gets a bit tricky due to traction and traction control. Has the curb weight of the GT been published?
This sentence is interesting:
EPA test mass is curb + 300 lb = 2 (circa 1975) people,
So this needs to be updated to EPA test mass is curb + 400 lb = 2 (circa 2020) people,

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Agreed. But EPA still uses 300 lb.
Yeah, airlines use 180 lbs for summer passengers and 185 for winter passengers. Plus all bags weigh 25 lbs, so the numbers used here do not surprise me at all.

Reactions: Nak

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Yeah, airlines use 180 lbs for summer passengers and 185 for winter passengers. Plus all bags weigh 25 lbs, so the numbers used here do not surprise me at all.
When I first looked at the data I didn't realize I was looking at Males only.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Extended Range -- acceleration modeling 1606872421279

So if you average the data between Males and Females, it's actually 182. So the airlines are pretty close.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Do they change that to flights to American Samoa?

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
That's a great effort to piece this together from the scattered info out there. Nice job, and very interesting.
Can't wait to see the real world tests. Especially with better tires.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When I first looked at the data I didn't realize I was looking at Males only.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Extended Range -- acceleration modeling 1606872421279

So if you average the data between Males and Females, it's actually 182. So the airlines are pretty close.
We have no females up here; too cold. Waiting to see how close the cals are.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Awesome report! The acceleration chart is presented in a couple of the Mach E webinars. One is here in https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e-web-series-part-4-performance-and-charging.1578/

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 10.22.43 AM.png

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Predicted 13.46 sec 1/4 mile finishing at a bit over 100 mph is respectable. About 10 mph left in the bag? Your prediction on the passing band looks good also; they may not see you go by. They later I will test.
Sponsored