theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
Really? As a long time Volt driver here in Texas and an avid reader of the gm-volt.com forums or years, I don’t remember hearing of any range loss comments in Arizona Volt owners. The Nissan Leaf definitely had that issue but that’s a whole other issue.

Entirely possible I missed those conversations though.
Aging not necessarily range loss alone. There are not too many 200,000 mile volts and owners in certain parts of the country.
Sponsored

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
I looked through the entire set of videos, and it cuts into the entire right of repair issues I think that are consistent with the entire set of videos. As much as Sandy dislikes some of the aspects of this, Ford did design this to be a repairable vehicle, and the battery back is no exception. These can be swapped out easily.

Tesla's these days attitude towards repair seems more akin to apple. Parts are hyper exclusive, and they swipe out entire large modules rather than fixing the specific issue. Which brings up the cost of repair considerably. Integrated parts in this way makes it cheaper on the manufacturer, but harder to repair without considerable cost.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
I looked through the entire set of videos, and it cuts into the entire right of repair issues I think that are consistent with the entire set of videos. As much as Sandy dislikes some of the aspects of this, Ford did design this to be a repairable vehicle, and the battery back is no exception. These can be swapped out easily.

Tesla's these days attitude towards repair seems more akin to apple. Parts are hyper exclusive, and they swipe out entire large modules rather than fixing the specific issue. Which brings up the cost of repair considerably. Integrated parts in this way makes it cheaper on the manufacturer, but harder to repair without considerable cost.
I find this point (Tesla more expensive to repair) than Ford -- to be interesting. I'd be curious to know what the stats show on Tesla repair history over that last 7 years or so.
Sponsored