Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I agree that the car has (had) "glitches", but that is not really an indication of reliability to me. Reliability has to do with things that subsequently break versus are software bugs - not that bugs aren't a problem. My interpretation might change over time if it becomes common place that an update "breaks" my car. In the meantime, I will consider reliability more related to whether the motor stops working or the center console computer burns up or the mirrors stop closing, etc. due to mechanical or electrical failure.

Of course, this is easy for me to say, since my car was built in October and most of the software glitches from earlier builds were fixed by then. I'm afraid it is true that the pioneers are the ones with arrows in their backs.
I have one of the earliest builds, but I've also had the dealer do some software stuff because I was impatient waiting on OTAs.

CR does include "infotainment" as part of their reliability - it's why early MyFord Touch so hurt the Ford/Lincoln brands in CR reliability scores for so long - but yeah, "I can't drive it" is obviously of much higher importance.

CR basically likes Sync 4a compared to Tesla's system (they say so) and that's impacting the overall score. But the ongoing fiasco that is "Full Self Driving" is not helping Tesla's ratings with CR, either.

It's also not helping that CR says the Model Y, which is more of the Mach-E equivalent, is much worse than the Model 3.

CR derives their data from their own work and from people reporting information as owners so what owners say is part of it, not just what their own people say.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This right here is the difference between Ford fans and Tesla fans. Posting the same words about a Tesla on a public forum would bring a raft of hate and excuses. You guys are a much more mature, rational, and sustainable crowd.
It's the difference between being blind acolytes and enthusiastic fans. Hopefully we all stay grounded in reality. The Mach E is a great car with some warts, but (most of) those warts are correctable. Hopefully Ford gets their act together and corrects them :)

GibUtes

First Name
Gib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
“The Scout Trooper” 2022 Premium Space White
Country flag
The Verge has a detailed article regarding the CR review and talks about it compared to Teslas.

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
Other than the front window reseal recall, my MME has been free of defects in 14,000 miles.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
Considering the issues we're all aware of with the MME and the fact they were awarded top EV of 22 says a lot about the Tesla and MME. As others have mentioned, most issues are software related. It doesn't make those issues any less annoying, but there is some comfort in knowing they can actually be fixed without buying a new car.

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
Consumer Reports has more statistically valid survey than trying judging reliability from a few people self-reporting issues on a social media forum....
Consumer Reports is a joke and they have no business printing anything related to reliability.

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
I still do like my MME, but as an early owner that has had quite a few issues and that is a data nerd, I'm curious around the sample set for their reliability data. I'm sure they'd never share it but wonder if most of the reliability issues were early builds or even regional in nature... Or just truly random ?

On the good side, with a new HVB, LVB, windshield and roof sealants, and fob, one would think things should be good to go from now on out for those of us that have had issues. ? Plus... We got nice water bottles ?

blkadr08

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium XR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This right here is the difference between Ford fans and Tesla fans. Posting the same words about a Tesla on a public forum would bring a raft of hate and excuses. You guys are a much more mature, rational, and sustainable crowd.

Off topic, I know. Congratulations Ford on grabbing the top CR listing. That is quite an achievement and speaks well of the things to come.
Yeah! Take that, Tesla! We’re much more mature rational AND sustainable! Neener Neener Neener!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Motley Fool's stock "guidance" is meaningless.
So, you didn't read the article, eh?
I think it's worth noting that despite the large spending program to move into the EV realm, stock analysts think Ford still is supposedly profitable. Is that meaningless? Anyway, I agree that in the context of this forum, this article is of nominal interest to the MME consumer.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E beats  Model 3 as Consumer Reports’ top electric vehicle for 2022! 1645160038307
Sponsored