Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
The Audi is nicer in some ways for sure. I would probably buy an Audi Q4 EV over my MME if given the choice, but the Q4 was still 9 months away when I took delivery of my MME. Like you said, our Q5 PHEV has higher quality buttons (well….it has buttons!), nicer quality dashboard and trim materials. Ride quality is better for sure. My dislikes of the Audi:

- “sport” seat package not as nice as I expected. They are comfortable, but the leather isn’t very soft, and they aren’t perforated or ventilated. I expected better than my old Acura but it really isn’t.

- audio system is absolute garbage. We have the Premium Plus trim with S Line package (not the base trim by any means), paid 60k. Would have to add another 3 grand for Sonos package to get decent audio. And I don’t mean it isn’t premium, it’s absolute trash. On par with a $50 portable Bluetooth speaker. Luckily my wife only listens to podcasts

- It turns off the car if the driver gets out! It’s a PHEV with full electric heat and air conditioner. But if I get out to run in the house, my passengers start to freeze and it turns off the music. So many days we turn on the car, load my kids into their car seats and then have to run back inside to grab something. Car turns off. Heat turns off. Music turns off. Kids get upset. Ford doesn’t have a monopoly on stupid technology decisions.

- other than that, it’s just obvious the Audi hasn’t had a model refresh in 4-5 years. But it was the only PHEV with more than a 17kwh battery, and we legit get almost 35 miles of summer EV range.
Good to hear from 1st hand experience. I was was close to getting the Q5 plugin before I got the MachE. It was really a toss up. But the Audi Dealer started playing games, so I just kept my MME order.

Prices are starting to drop for the Etron GT, So I'm looking into those, but I hear they're also having problems with the drivetrain shutting off on at stoplights.

Maybe it'll be safer to wait for second gen EVs.
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
While the luxury-to-luxury thing is surely true too, I think the real linkage is $$$. With few exceptions, BEVs are still very expensive. Someone who can afford a $60k BEV probably isn't coming from a $20k economy car in most cases. They were probably coming from a nice car before too.

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
Traded in my Nissan GTR Black Edition for my MME GT. Both have great 0-60 times, GTR probably better handling but the GT is so much quieter in the cabin. GTR made it difficult to speak to my wife when she was in the car. Good or bad, now I can hear her.
I sold my Infiniti G37 IPL to get the MME. I loved that car, but I am very happy with my GT. The IPL handling was better. I do wish I had kept it, but it was a choice between the IPL and the '69 Mustang 'vert. The 'vert won.

Deleted member 3569

... don't regret a bit, traded in my "luxury" GLA250SUV for the Mach-e. Previously owned Lexus, BMW, Land Rover (the worst car ever) & Mercedes.

Bodyshopguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e GT/2020 BMW 750iM/60 Vette/12 Wrangler
Occupation
Collision Center(s) Owner
Country flag
Not sure ... I count on this one... I still have the 2020 BMW 750i M Sport... I like having the Mach E to put miles on ... and go the beach... this might be hard to believe... but, I believe my Mach E GT PE is more dependable and will outlast the 7 Series ... I did order an BMW i7 ... not sure if it'll ever show up next year... that might prompt me to sell one or both of them... we'll see... For now... Keeping the Mach E.

Bodyshopguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e GT/2020 BMW 750iM/60 Vette/12 Wrangler
Occupation
Collision Center(s) Owner
Country flag
Traded in my Subaru Forester ... which was my second Forester in a row ... so definitely a brand-loyalty conquest in my case. And a fair bit more expensive to boot.
Subaru makes a great car... great Brand... my shop is Subaru Certified...

jeffvick2005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 TSX, 2017 Civic, MACHE GT grabber blue
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
While the luxury-to-luxury thing is surely true too, I think the real linkage is $$$. With few exceptions, BEVs are still very expensive. Someone who can afford a $60k BEV probably isn't coming from a $20k economy car in most cases. They were probably coming from a nice car before too.
Generally, you are probably right. I might be the exception...went from a 2017 Honda Civic to a MME GT....more than double the price I've paid for any vehicle before. Now that I've hit 50 and most kids are out of the house, decided to finally buy a car for myself. Though admittedly, if not for the tax and other credits, I probably wouldn't have forked out the $$$.
I now look for reasons to run errands and hope for red lights...

vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag
Traded in my luxurious 2018 Honda Civic. That car was phenomenal, well built and quite sporty. But my Mach E... no comparison in terms of driving dynamics and tech. VERY happy with the switch.

JDrazMME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Star White MME Premium Ext Batt AWD
Country flag
Traded in a Porsche Macan. The Mach E is quicker and more fun to drive. No regrets

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Seems half the people here drove a Prius.
Other half drove performance cars.

Mach E seems to be one thing we agree on.
I'm in between... we swapped out one of our fully-loaded 2013 Escape Titaniums (still have the other). Escapes aren't luxury but the Titanium trims are still pretty nice. Not quite as nice as the MME Premium but not too far below it either.

Xadion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD SR - Plat Graphite
Country flag
I also traded in an XC90 and ngl, I miss it. 😅
Yeah when talking to my wife outside the dealer to pick it up, we talked about if the dealer was going to pull and shenanigans.. I said, ' worst case, we are forced to drive this XC90 loaded inscription, first world problems'

I miss the B&O sound system, useful gauge cluster and HUD.... And real leather heh

I won't miss random shaking that Volvo techs could never find.
Sponsored