Mach-e brakes are soft and shudder when letting go from a stop

guruguhams

First Name
goku
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e AWD - First Edition
I feel like the way Mach-e brakes is very different from other cars. When I apply brakes and keep an even pressure, it doesn't slow as well as other cars do. I showed that to the dealer and he said its due to regen braking mechanism on the car. But the problem is feel very less confident when driving it and need to be very cautious should a sudden braking scenario occur.

I also noticed that when I apply the brakes completely, the car takes its own sweet time to stop. Its like the brakes aren't working at all. What can I do for this?
Sponsored

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e AWD extended
Country flag
My Mach-e stops on a dime and gives change. It stops better than my Camaro SS did, or my BMW 3 series so maybe this is your car issue? If anything, in my car, I avoid using them as they aren't linear and grab way to hard.

Official braking is 60-0 in 110 feet which is insane for a 4500+lbs vehicle. My Silverado does 127 feet at around the same weight.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I feel like the way Mach-e brakes is very different from other cars. When I apply brakes and keep an even pressure, it doesn't slow as well as other cars do. I showed that to the dealer and he said its due to regen braking mechanism on the car. But the problem is feel very less confident when driving it and need to be very cautious should a sudden braking scenario occur.

I also noticed that when I apply the brakes completely, the car takes its own sweet time to stop. Its like the brakes aren't working at all. What can I do for this?
Several things.

Drive in a different mode that uses less regen braking.
Push the "L" button that uses MORE regen braking, so you'll need to hit the brake pedal less.

As you push the pedal, it's regen, regen, then near the bottom BRAKES. Takes getting used to.

To build your confidence, hit a big empty parking lot. Accelerate to 30, then aggressively brake. You'll stop fine.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Several things.

Drive in a different mode that uses less regen braking.
Push the "L" button that uses MORE regen braking, so you'll need to hit the brake pedal less.

As you push the pedal, it's regen, regen, then near the bottom BRAKES. Takes getting used to.

To build your confidence, hit a big empty parking lot. Accelerate to 30, then aggressively brake. You'll stop fine.
Fully agree with everything Rick said, but if you try and like one-pedal driving, youā€™ll barely touch the brakes again. Iā€™ve gotten my 1PD down to the point that I have to tap the brakes to finish a fast stop maybe once a week or so. Otherwise, itā€™s zero brakes and all one-pedal. People here seem to have different experiences, but my Mach-Eā€™s 1PD brakes smoothly and cleanly. Couldnā€™t be happier.
Sponsored