Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX5 2019 and Skoda Citigo
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Hi Mach E´s,
Considering buying this vehicle in Denmark duo to the gasoline prices and that I can get a good price for my Mazda CX5 2019 2.0 skyactive SUV. Also the government have decided, that electric cars is duty free until 2023. After that, you can plus about 180 percent to the price of a car - althought gradually starting with +20% the first year, 40 next year and so on.

What do you feel about the ride comfort (18" wheels)? - some reviews says it is bumpy? My CX5 is a very firm car, so I hope some of you guys have made the switch from CX5 2017-2021 model to the Mach E.

Trying one tomorrow at the dealer - price about 80000 USD for the RWD UR version with technology pack and winter wheels.
Also considering the Technology+ pack with electrical seats and panoramic roof (Has the issue with creaking sounds been fixed).

Delivery time is about 34 weeks.

Cheers from Denmark,
Martin Lohse
Sponsored

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
The seats are very comfortable. The ride is, in my opinion, a bumpy one. My unscientific way to tell is to sit in the car as a passenger while someone else is driving and lean my head back on the head rest and try to relax or sleep. Not going to happen in the Mach E.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I've been driving a 2016 CX-5 AWD for 5 years. My MME hasn't been delivered yet, but I've ridden in and drove my wife's Prem, AWD, Extended battery. We went on a 1,700 mile vacation last week.

She traded in a 2006 Lexus is250 sedan. (still a GREAT car, BTW)

I found the ride in the MME a bit harsh on the test ride and still find it so in certain places. Chopped up gravel driveways, lumpy streets, curb cuts, etc, send the whole car into a cycle of 'pushes' for lack of a better word as the front then rear tires take the puches, that behave differently in my lighter CX-5. Some have described this as bouncing.

This isn't a light car and it acts like a heavy car heavily damped against hopping and bounding. I've been in and driven cars nearly as heavy (mid 60's and 70's Cadillacs and Oldsmobiles) that handled that weight much more nimbly.

I think the problem is the suspension travel Ford is allowing. It's just short of what's needed to fully absorb and distribute a jolt. The increased (skinny) tire pressure probably helps transmit jolts to the body too.

That said, even after a week-long trip in which I was both a a driver and passenger I found nothing to make me cancel my order. It isn't a cushy ride but any means, but on a relatively good surface and on highways it's just fine and very stable.

I'd love to measure the G-forces in my CX-5 and the MME under the same driving conditions. There's no doubt the CX-5 noticably wins, but not by much.

One thing's for sure, the AWD MME is more entertaining for your right foot than the 4 cyl. Mazda.

If you find the CX-5 firm, you'll want to test the MME for a few hours.

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I came from a Mustang coupe, so the ride is definitely less stiff than what I am used to. It does have a little bounce to it: in the coupe I would feel a quick jolt when I hit a bump and then it would be over, but in the Mach E there is no jolt but it does have a little rebound bounce after absorbing a bump. The seats are definitely more comfortable than my coupe, and if you plan to drive long distances I would recommend the technology pack with auto lane centering and hands free driving (bluecruise). My coupe would get uncomfortable after a couple of hours but the Mach E is much easier over longer distances

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Mine has gotten progressively less bumpy as I have driven it more. Initially it was a bit bumpy. But now its not all that noticeable.

OP
OP

Lohse

First Name
Martin Aakmann Lohse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Tried it for the 3rd time today - also as passenger and in the back. It is a bit bumpy, but not more or less than my cx5 - I´ll order one tomorrow.

Thanks for replies.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Tried it for the 3rd time today - also as passenger and in the back. It is a bit bumpy, but not more or less than my cx5 - I´ll order one tomorrow.

Thanks for replies.
You're going to love it.

OP
OP

Lohse

First Name
Martin Aakmann Lohse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
You're going to love it.
Super thank you - do you know if the mechanical seats have adjustable lumbar support. I tried the electrical ones, which has. The dealer wasn´t sure although other Fords have it on mechanical seats.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Super thank you - do you know if the mechanical seats have adjustable lumbar support. I tried the electrical ones, which has. The dealer wasn´t sure although other Fords have it on mechanical seats.
Even if they don't, any decent upholstery shop can fit an adjustable bladder (either hand pumped or electric) into the seat back behind the cushion. I've found that these work much better than the factory lumbar adjustment, and are worth the cost if you have the need for more support.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/WGY-O107A?rrec=true

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
The MME is close but ultimately not as smooth a ride as our EB Flex. Seats are close but the extra 1000 pounds of weight + wheelbase of the three row Flex really dampens the motion. Flex is slower to turn in and while the twin turbo is boiling fast, the MME is just serenely quick.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I had a CX-5 a few years ago. Aside from the bounciness you'll experience, the only other thing I'd warn you about is that the CX-5 has some of the best, most nimble handling I've ever experienced in a CUV ... just be aware that by comparison, the MME is going to feel a bit lumbering, and that massive hood view up front will take some getting used to (and also likely adds subconsciously to that lumbering feeling).

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag