Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Not sure how many others here are gamers but I just saw that Rocket League is adding the Mach E to its lineup. I might need to get back into that game

Two Ford Mustang Models Stampede Into Rocket League
Max Parker

Harness the power of the Ford Mustang Mach-E™ SUV and the 1965 Ford Mustang ShelbyⓇ GT350R available in Rocket League for a limited time
Classic meets current when two models of the iconic Ford MustangⓇvehicle charge into Rocket League! Prepare yourself for the cutting-edge, all-electric Ford Mustang Mach-E™ SUV and the car that started it all: the 1965 Ford Mustang ShelbyⓇ GT350R. See them in action in the trailer above featuring voice-over from Emmy Award Winning actor and the voice of Ford, Bryan Cranston!

Whether you're looking for the authenticity of classic American* muscle, or the high-tech speed of the new all-electric Mustang, these cars represent the fusion between power and innovation from different generations. The Ford Mustang Mach-E Rocket League Edition (RLE) and the Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R RLE will be available in Rocket League on December 9 through December 22. The Mustang Mach-E becomes electrically charged when it goes supersonic, giving it a shocking visual lightning effect. Check it out in the trailer above and the screenshots below!

Here's everything included in both Mustang bundles:

Ford Mustang Mach-E RLE - 1100 Credits
  • Ford Mustang Mach-E RLE (Octane Hitbox)
    • Ford Performance Decal
    • 98 Decal
  • Ford Mustang Mach-E RLE Wheels
  • E.V. Boost
  • Mustang Mach-E Player Banner
  • Ford Mustang Mach-E RLE Engine Audio
Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R RLE - 1100 Credits
  • Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R RLE (Dominus Hitbox)
    • Ford Performance Decal
    • 98 Decal
  • Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R RLE Wheels
  • 98 Player Banner
  • Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R RLE Engine Audio
Players can also get everything in both bundles for 2000 Credits. Plus, both the Ford Mustang Mach-E RLE and Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R RLE are customizable with other Rocket League items!

NOTE: The Ford Mustang Mach-E RLE and Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R RLE cannot be customized with licensed customization items.

Ford Returns To The Rocket League Championship Series

The name synonymous with competition is coming back to the RLCS by becoming the Presenting Sponsor of the Fall Major from December 8 through December 12 in Sweden. This will be the first time we're seeing cross-regional RLCS competition in over a year and is sure to bring the high-octane action from the best Rocket League pros in the world!

And that's not all. Following the Fall Major, be sure to tune into the second iteration of the Ford + Rocket League Freestyle Invitational on December 15-16. Watch and vote for the best freestylers in the U.S. as they flip, pinch, and aerial in their choice of the Ford Mustang Mach-E RLE and the Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R RLE. Ford will award the winner of the Ford + Rocket League Freestyle Invitational a brand-new 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E!

Get ready to grip the wheel, hit the accelerator, and harness the power of the Ford Mustang Mach-E RLE and the Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R RLE in Rocket League on December 9!

Shelby and GT350 are registered trademarks of Carroll Hall Shelby Trust.

*Assembled in the USA with domestic and foreign parts

Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-and-1965-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT350R-Rocket-League-Edition-Exterior-002-Fr...jpeg

rl_mustang_2021_mache_polished_16x9.92e1c59c4583a0e5cdbb9995550cc140.jpg

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Cool! ? ?

https://m.at.ford.com/en/homepage/news-and-clipsheet/news/2021/12/rocket-league.html

Custom Mustang Mach-E Blasts into ROCKET LEAGUE® as Game’s First Battery Electric Vehicle

DEARBORN – This holiday season, Ford and video game developer Psyonix are marking the next phase of their gaming collaboration by announcing a custom Mustang Mach-E and a vintage 1965 Mustang Shelby GT350R will make their Rocket League® debut this December.

Beginning December 9, the Ford Mustang Mach-E Rocket League Edition and a custom 1965 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R will be available with in-game purchases in Rocket League – the popular video game that pits players against one another in a soccer match using vehicles as players. The Mustang Mach-E Rocket League Edition is the first full battery-electric vehicle to appear in the game.

The Ford Mustang Mach-E Rocket League Edition (RLE) and Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R RLE will be available in the Rocket League Item Shop from December 9 until December 22. Each car bundle can be purchased separately for 1100 Credits each or together for 2000 Credits.
The contents of each car bundle are:
  • Ford Mustang Mach-E Rocket League Edition
    • Ford Mustang Mach-E RLE Car (Octane Hitbox)
      • Ford Performance Decal
      • 98 Decal
    • Unique Ford Mustang Mach-E Rocket League Edition wheels
    • Mustang Mach-E “E.V. Boost”
    • Mustang Mach-E Player Banner
    • Ford Mustang Mach-E RLE Powertrain Audio
  • Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R RLE
    • Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R RLE Car (Dominus Hitbox)
      • Ford Performance Decal
      • 98 Decal
    • Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R RLE Wheels
    • 98 Player Banner
    • Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R RLE Engine Audio
In February, Ford pushed further into the gaming and Esports space by announcing the collaboration with the San Diego based Psyonix, debuting the Ford F-150 Rocket League Edition pickup.

Ford is once again teaming up with Rocket League Esports to be the presenting sponsor of the upcoming Rocket League Championship Series Fall Major and the Ford + Rocket League Freestyle Invitational taking place from December 8 through December 12 in Stockholm, Sweden. The Fall Major will be players-only and marks the return of cross-regional RLCS competition in over a year.
Shortly after the Fall Major, the second Ford + Rocket League Freestyle Invitational will take place December 15-16, where the best Rocket League freestylers in North America will be invited to compete for a chance to win a real life 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E.

You can see the Mustang Mach-E Rocket League Edition and Mustang Shelby GT350R Rocket League Edition in action during the RLCS 2021-22 Fall Major and Ford + Rocket League Freestyle Invitational on Twitch.

Sarah Brewer, U.S. marketing manager, gaming and influencer marketing, helps lead Ford’s continued push into the gaming space. F-Series exterior designer Adam Riccobelli is one of the millions of gamers who play Rocket League regularly. We asked them what makes Rocket League fun for players, and why Ford sees it as an opportunity to connect with customers in a new way.

In Rocket League, players control cars to play a soccer match, which seems sort of odd to the nonplayer. Can you please explain what Rocket League is all about?

RICCOBELLI:
Rocket League is all about high speed and high-flying rocket-powered vehicles. The vehicles feature rocket power and boosters that allow the player to control the vehicles in various ways on the ground or in the air to outmaneuver other players to score goals with a giant soccer ball. The premise to somewhat strange but it’s an absolute blast to play.

What got you into playing Rocket League and why has an entire community of gamers numbering in the millions grown around playing this game?

RICCOBELLI:
I got into Rocket League as a means to spend time with my younger brother. It give players the ability to casually “hang out” with friends and family from all over the world, and in my opinion that is one of the biggest reasons video gaming and streaming has become as large as it is today. The gaming experience that Rocket League provides has two book ends – it can be played really casually for fun, but there are also players who are extremely highly skilled and play competitively. People also like watching Rocket League competition on stream services and it gives a platform for players who have put in the time and effort to master all of the various mechanics of the game a place to shine and compete against each other. This competitive aspect is what really grows the community. Like mainstream professions sports, people like watching professional football, baseball and basketball because they are fans or are casual players of the game. People want to watch other people do things that they cannot do but aspire to do. The same applies for video games.

How big has the video gaming space become and why is it important for Ford to be involved in it?

BREWER:
Three out of four U.S. households have a gamer in the home. For audiences under the age of 35, they strongly over index on gaming as an interest. Gaming was growing at a strong pace prior to the pandemic, but it has been catapulted with the pandemic to even faster growth. It’s definitely an area of importance for Ford due to the cultural relevance and scale. Video game players also over-index on their interest and intent for battery-electric vehicles. It’s a key audience to win over as we progress with our electric revolution. The Mustang Mach-E Rocket League Edition being the first EV featured in the game will help players realize that Ford is the company helping drive that revolution.

How does our collaboration with Psyonix and Rocket League benefit Ford? What is our goal engaging with consumers in this way?

BREWER:
Rocket League allows Ford to authentically expand from traditional racing games to broader pop-culture games, maintaining relevance with automotive. We are reaching new-to-Ford audiences and building relevance and consideration. Nielsen survey results from previous Ford vehicle entries into Rocket League showed positive impact on brand favorability among the Rocket League audience. While new audiences are a key component, we have also had rave reviews from our owners and excitement to see us engaged in content that they are passionate about.

Who plays Rocket League? Young children, teens, adults?

BREWER:
About 100 million people play Rocket League globally. It’s a broadly appealing game and has strong representation from the 18-44 age group. This is an area where the younger Gen Z cohort is gathering to play.

This isn’t the first Ford to be featured in Rocket League. How did players receive the F-150 Rocket League Edition that Ford and Psyonix revealed in the game in February?

BREWER:
Overall it was phenomenal and was one of the best performing launches in the game ever. Players had been asking for a truck in the game and, as the truck leaders, we delivered with a Built Ford Tough Rocket League truck. It was some of our highest performing media content across all Ford content, resonating with owned and new audiences alike.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
Sick. Now when can I play with the mach-e 1400 in Forza horizon 5? :)

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
I've been playing rocket league since the day it came out. I obtained the highest rank possible a couple years ago. Funny to see the mach-e in it now.

Holy Driver

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I've been playing rocket league since the day it came out. I obtained the highest rank possible a couple years ago. Funny to see the mach-e in it now.
Same, except the highest rank :D

But I am playing it since it came out.
Nearly every evening.
But my highest rank is platinum.
Well it's just for fun so I do not care.

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Sick. Now when can I play with the mach-e 1400 in Forza horizon 5? :)
Ditto on this! It would definitely push me to pull the trigger on FH5....
Sponsored