Mach-E Dashcam and Sentry Mode Updates

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
It will alert you when you get in the car with a message saying there are sentry events. Which basically is activity close to the car. You can then record the clips.

If your driving you can push a button and it will save something like the last few minutes into a new file on your USB Flash drive that you keep inserted into the car.
thanks. So kind of but not exactly. Too bad. Would be perfect if it did.
Sponsored

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
I wonder if this likes a dash cam so in the case of an accident you have video proof of EXACTLY what happened.
I don't know how many cameras the Mach-e will have, but a tesla has 8... so it's a lot more than a dash cam with 360 view around the car. So, it's like a dash cam, but better.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I don't know how many cameras the Mach-e will have, but a tesla has 8... so it's a lot more than a dash cam with 360 view around the car. So, it's like a dash cam, but better.
What peaked my interest was the concept that if I have an accident because someone in another lane came over without room and hit me that I could prove it by a video from the camera system. If this is the case then that is awesome. basically no more he said/she said arguments

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
The only thing I can say is that I sat in the Mach e. It was better then I expected. I have been buying fords since 2006. In fact it is the only brand I buy. Everything has always worked. If there was an issue I went back and they fixed it. As for the Mach e I am guessing that the delivery is being delayed so that it will come out as perfect as any other car they build. They are trying to get it right the first time.
You can find anything you want on the internet including a delorion that can time travel. For today I just want to know what people think or know through actual respectful responsible articles.

RidetheLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1968 Mustang, 2007 Mustang GT
Country flag
What peaked my interest was the concept that if I have an accident because someone in another lane came over without room and hit me that I could prove it by a video from the camera system. If this is the case then that is awesome. basically no more he said/she said arguments
The 360 should would have been handy for me. I was entering the freeway via carpool lane (legally) when an idiot who was stuck in the metered line and decided he wanted to fast track via carpool lane. Hit my front fender and my claim was denied. They said I was to blame. I was furious.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
The 360 should would have been handy for me. I was entering the freeway via carpool lane (legally) when an idiot who was stuck in the metered line and decided he wanted to fast track via carpool lane. Hit my front fender and my claim was denied. They said I was to blame. I was furious.
the reason is because their view was that you were entering their lane. It is a he said/she said argument. Video on say a dash cam resolved this issue. That is THE why I want to know if the 360 is essentially a dash cam

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD(OLD), Ford Raptor
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Can agree with LYTMCQ

It has gotten better though. It eats up a ton of battery, but I haven't had to format my Flash card in a long time.

Res Nullius

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-Golf, X3
Country flag
Hadn't even thought about the energy draw that Sentry Mode requires if it has to be fully on all the time.

So Sentry Mode is simply on all the time and doesn't have ability to only record when motion / object proximity is detected?

Cvdbos

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Deleted my reservation
Occupation
Retired LtCol RNLA
Country flag
Hadn't even thought about the energy draw that Sentry Mode requires if it has to be fully on all the time.

So Sentry Mode is simply on all the time and doesn't have ability to only record when motion / object proximity is detected?
A normal Sentry mode has to be active al the time. It records lets say constant a minute and overwrites this but at the moment there is an event that specific minute will be stored an a n extra recording time will be added.
You cannot record something that happened in the past, so it has to be active all the time.

Cvdbos

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Deleted my reservation
Occupation
Retired LtCol RNLA
Country flag
IMHO that is not correct. Every recorded minute in which there was no incident is overwritten.
So in the recording you only find real incidents. If they are of any importance is another matter.
The energy needed is voor the constant activity of the camera's, the computer and the recording and overwriting. More or less the same as in your dash cam.
Sponsored