thefallenbeloved

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus ST, Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Second time in 3 months mach e Premium AWD. Second time, charged up the 12v battery. No dice. Now according to Ford I have to get a new BCM and a new HV Junction box.

I thought i've seen other people having this issue. Anyone have suggestions. Isnt this redonk???
Sponsored

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
There are many reports about bricked cars needing BCM and HVJB. The question is if Ford has revised those parts to avoid future failures? Will cars with new parts fail less often?

OP
OP

thefallenbeloved

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No idea. My tech was on the phone with ford for a long time. anyone know how long that repair took?

I'm beyond pissed right now.

Dhruval Shah

First Name
Dhruval
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
No idea. My tech was on the phone with ford for a long time. anyone know how long that repair took?

I'm beyond pissed right now.
Any updates I'm having the same issue and its been 2 months since my car is at the dealership.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I hope those components aren't on chip-hold.

Tell them to take the chips out of the power seat memory unit........Ugh.

OP
OP

thefallenbeloved

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I hope those components aren't on chip-hold.

Tell them to take the chips out of the power seat memory unit........Ugh.
To add insult to injury, now the external battery casing which before removed needs to have a pressure & leak test has a fracture in it and they have to stop work and get that replaced as well. There is NO ETA whatsoever on that part either.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
To add insult to injury, now the external battery casing which before removed needs to have a pressure & leak test has a fracture in it and they have to stop work and get that replaced as well. There is NO ETA whatsoever on that part either.
I think you'll find your dealer has an update for you tomorrow

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
First time in 6months of ownership I started getting 12v drain messages, dealer just called back, they have a protocol to follow, clear codes, drive it, let it sit 2hrs, test it, then wait 12hrs and test again. Said it may be the 12v being bad, or it needing a new BCM which they would have to order.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
First time in 6months of ownership I started getting 12v drain messages, dealer just called back, they have a protocol to follow, clear codes, drive it, let it sit 2hrs, test it, then wait 12hrs and test again. Said it may be the 12v being bad, or it needing a new BCM which they would have to order.
Funny you mention this, well, maybe not so sunny but I took out the car yesterday for the first time in 2 days and it said 12v drain issue. First time since I got the car in March.

I started and drove it and made several stops and no issues. drove about 150 miles yesterday.

took the car out this morning and no issues.

will monitor more closely now.

how do you clear codes?

thanks

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Funny you mention this, well, maybe not so sunny but I took out the car yesterday for the first time in 2 days and it said 12v drain issue. First time since I got the car in March.

I started and drove it and made several stops and no issues. drove about 150 miles yesterday.

took the car out this morning and no issues.

will monitor more closely now.

how do you clear codes?

thanks
Dealer is clearing the codes to diagnose. Mine is a 2021 Job 2, and I took 3.5.2 days ago, and 3.5.3 last night, I pointed out this timing to the dealer, but they didnt think it was related.

I considered ignoring it to see if it goes away, but they could check it this morning for me, or I had to wait until next weekend, we are headed out of town with the car next weekend so figured I would just see what they say.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Dealer is clearing the codes to diagnose. Mine is a 2021 Job 2, and I took 3.5.2 days ago, and 3.5.3 last night, I pointed out this timing to the dealer, but they didnt think it was related.

I considered ignoring it to see if it goes away, but they could check it this morning for me, or I had to wait until next weekend, we are headed out of town with the car next weekend so figured I would just see what they say.
my car was built 12/10/21 so I think it’s job 2, last of the 21’s. I haven’t received 3.5,2 etc yet.

curious what they find.

good luck
Sponsored