seeds541

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I was so excited about the Mach E after I test drove the car at the end of February 2021. Since then it has been nothing but disappointment. I placed my order on March 1st and now it is 13 weeks later and the only thing I have is a VIN #. When I ordered my car back in March the dealer indicated i should have it within 12 to 16 weeks. I don't even know when my build will start and I am currently leasing a car which is up at the end of July. There has been absolutely ZERO communication from Ford. They have my deposit, my email address, my home address and I haven't received one thing from them. If they are having issues then they should be up front and honest and communicate their problems to their customers. This lack of not knowing what to do with my leased car and when I will even receive the car that I ordered is unbelievable.
Sponsored

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
That kind of stuff seems to happen a lot with many of the new electric car models - VW, Jaguar, Tesla, etc. My dealer says figure 8-10 months from the time I ordered last week, but I think they're mostly just guessing.

I don't mind - it seems like a really nice car and I'm not in a hurry. If something better comes along before Ford delivers, I'll just cancel my order. If I needed a new car anytime soon, I'd either buy a Mach-E from available inventory, or just pick another model. Good luck.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Call your dealer and ask for a Vehicle Visibilty report.

Oh and yeah don't expect much from Ford.

Did you also try the tracker at the top of the forums here?

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum; 2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I can relate and have some insight.

My experience w/ a 2021 F-150:
Ordered: 1/7
Built: 3/19
Current Status: Ramp 59
ETA: 10/31/21

Orders from mid March to end of April got partially built, waiting for chips. Anything built after May, when the assembly line is not idle was shipped out immediately. Trucks identical to mine, that were ordered in April are arriving at dealers. This has pissed a lot of truck owners off.

My experience w/ a 2021 Mach-E:
We test drove one in late March. I called around in April and looked on Dealer's websites and found an "In Transit" Carbonized Gray Premium AWD standard range at a dealer 40 miles away from me. We got all the paper work in order. Vehicle arrived 5/6, 2 days before we were going to go to Florida. Dealer was nice enough to hold it for us for over a week. On 5/18 we drove to the dealer spent less than an hour and were on the way home in a new Mach-E.

Completely different experiences! After I ordered my truck, my wife wanted a new vehicle as well. We were able to try out different cars from different places, come to a conclusion of what she wanted, then we joked about how her car might come before mine. It is less and less funny as each day goes by. Ford is as accurate as the weatherman, when it comes to forecasting in the Covid-19 climate. The shortages combined with incompetence has annoyed many. I will put it this way, I will not accept a 2021 after summer ends.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I thought I would chime in on the ordering of my last three cars. I ordered my Focus RS on October 14, 2015 the day the order banks opened up. I got a VIN In July of 2016 and the car was built on September 26, 2016. It arrived at the dealer on December 4th 2016. 14 months wait from the time the order was placed. I had virtually no communication with Ford or the dealer until the car was actually built. Ordered my GT500 the day the order banks opened on July 3, 2019. Got a VIN in December. Car was built on February 17, 2020 and was delivered to the dealer March 26th 2020. That was an 8 months wait. My Mach-E was ordered July 2020, built in February and was delivered March 28th 2021. That was also an 8 month wait.

DanHo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME RR 4x & 17 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I was so excited about the Mach E after I test drove the car at the end of February 2021. Since then it has been nothing but disappointment. I placed my order on March 1st and now it is 13 weeks later and the only thing I have is a VIN #. When I ordered my car back in March the dealer indicated i should have it within 12 to 16 weeks. I don't even know when my build will start and I am currently leasing a car which is up at the end of July. There has been absolutely ZERO communication from Ford. They have my deposit, my email address, my home address and I haven't received one thing from them. If they are having issues then they should be up front and honest and communicate their problems to their customers. This lack of not knowing what to do with my leased car and when I will even receive the car that I ordered is unbelievable.
Was initially told the same thing you were. Here's my timeline:

Ordered: 2/27/2021
Order confirmed by dealer: 3/1/2021
Email from Ford confirming build week & received VIN from dealer: 5/27/2021 (3 months after order)
Build week: 7/19/2021

My best guess is 6 months from order to delivery instead of the 3-4 months I was initially told.

A question: did you order the car at/through the dealer or through Ford.com? My understanding is If you ordered at/through the dealer all communication will go through the dealer. As others have said, contact your dealership for the visibility report. You should have a "build week".

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I ordered mine Feb 5 and have a build day of 6/6 (this week) I think the dealer gave you false info. It took 5 months from order date to get production date and i was told another 3-6 weeks after produced to deliver to dealer. I also have a lease that ends July 17 so I am pushing it as well. Will likely go a few weeks without a car. its more like 22-26 weeks from order date to get the car for me.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I ordered mine Feb 5 and have a build day of 6/6 (this week) I think the dealer gave you false info. It took 5 months from order date to get production date and i was told another 3-6 weeks after produced to deliver to dealer. I also have a lease that ends July 17 so I am pushing it as well. Will likely go a few weeks without a car. its more like 22-26 weeks from order date to get the car for me.
I ordered 11/18/19 delivered 2/12/21, talk about waiting. Ford communication is weak, but for sure it will arrive eventually.

I would expect a max of 24 weeks or less depending on model. One can get the VIN a week before the build date.

Lpearson

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5. And jeep Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
100% agree and that has been my issue after my order on April 1st.. Communication is horrible from both Ford and the dealership. Dealership keeps saying it is Ford that is not communicating with them. Well my opinion is the dealership should be trying to get info for their clients! I joined the forum so I could find out from others what they are seeing. Had they said up front there would be a delay or communicate throughout that there would be a bigger delay due to issues then I would not be as disappointed.

Hplbiking

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Emgineer
Country flag
T
There is no communication because they have nothing to tell you. Once it is scheduled for production you will be notified.
Sponsored