Mantooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Hello everyone! Been lurking for a while but made the leap today and signed up for the forum after I came across this video which I thought was interesting.

Sounds like they captured the door chime at 0:43 and it sounds...unique. Had not heard it before so I thought I’d share...sorry if it’s nothing new! :)
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Sigh, I'd rather have the chimes off of the Lincoln Aviator: Ford/Lincoln had the Detroit Symphony Orchestra come up with the chimes:

Yeah ok granted the music is a bit more appropriate for a Lincoln than a Mustang LOL.

Last edited:

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Good video. That's not the best noise I've heard, but I think I could get used to it. It also seemed like it went on for longer than I expected.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Hello everyone! Been lurking for a while but made the leap today and signed up for the forum after I came across this video which I thought was interesting.

Sounds like they captured the door chime at 0:43 and it sounds...unique. Had not heard it before so I thought I’d share...sorry if it’s nothing new! :)
And it sounds like a very annoying thing to listen to every time you open a door. I'm hoping the key fob is in the armrest or something and that's a warning the salesman is doing something wrong.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
And it sounds like a very annoying thing to listen to every time you open a door. I'm hoping the key fob is in the armrest or something and that's a warning the salesman is doing something wrong.
Yeah it's something like that. I hear this chime on my current car if I open the driver door while the car is on, or if I leave the headlights on.

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
That sounds nearly identical to the Ford tri-tone. Just faster. I talked to Robert Iorio and he said it is unique. This also looks like one of the first pre-production models. I can bet it has changed.

And I would have KILLED for the Lincoln sounds.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I'm trying to remember, but I think someone at Ford said the door chime would be different depending on which driving mode it was in -- Whisper, Engage, or Unbridled.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I'm trying to remember, but I think someone at Ford said the door chime would be different depending on which driving mode it was in -- Whisper, Engage, or Unbridled.
Well hopefully if true that means the car will stay in the last mode it was left in, nothing worse than a lot of today's vehicles that reset everything every time you switch it off.

crustbusta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Pace (BRG)
Country flag
I was invited to the event in Stoke where this video was created and as I was the only person to turn up I had the Mach E all to myself. I did everything but drive it away and from my recollection there were no annoying noises when opening or shutting the doors and like a kid I did a lot of that :)

IMG_0585.jpg

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I was invited to the event in Stoke where this video was created and as I was the only person to turn up I had the Mach E all to myself. I did everything but drive it away and from my recollection there were no annoying noises when opening or shutting the doors and like a kid I did a lot of that :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Door Chime Sound Heard in Video IMG_0585
Did they allow you take photos/videos? How did the height feel when sitting in it? How much higher than a sedan?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Sigh, I'd rather have the chimes off of the Lincoln Aviator: Ford/Lincoln had the Detroit Symphony Orchestra come up with the chimes:

Yeah ok granted the music is a bit more appropriate for a Lincoln than a Mustang LOL.
I played with an Aviator with the new sounds at an auto show and they were just as pleasant in the car as they are in the video. In a way the whole thing seemed very silly but in another way it was all pretty great.

Not as great as having logo'd puddle lights ... oh, yeah, it had those too.

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
The pony light is standard on all Mach E models according to the ordering guide.

I think this is a tender and not an actual photo. But it looks cool!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Door Chime Sound Heard in Video 812F9B7C-99A2-4D34-B108-4A8EE5D3CE14

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
The pony light is standard on all Mach E models according to the ordering guide.

I think this is a tender and not an actual photo. But it looks cool!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Door Chime Sound Heard in Video 812F9B7C-99A2-4D34-B108-4A8EE5D3CE14
Yes. That's why I brought it up. They have been on Mustangs for a while now.

Petter

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit (2017), Mustang Mach-E, FE (2021)
Occupation
Media manager/editor
Country flag

What was even more interesting to me, is that the car seems to have an ordinaray key after all:)

crustbusta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Pace (BRG)
Country flag
Did they allow you take photos/videos? How did the height feel when sitting in it? How much higher than a sedan?
Many events like this happened around the UK including little old Stoke-on-Trent of which there were sessions throughout the day. Basically, after coming away from the event I just wanted to get my Mach E ASAP!

The actual car in the video is one of a handful doing the rounds in Europe which were apparently hand built at a cost of 1 million GBP each. The fit and finish were that of the best German cars and everything about it felt special. To answer your specific question, it felt no different in ride height to my F-Pace which I feel is a good height. As I said the event was invitation only and the list of things that they said you could and couldn't do was very long. But hey when I got there the chap who gave me the presentation was happy for me to play with everything and take photos/videos if I wanted. I didn't but probably I should have done for prosperity. For me the only disappointment was the colour but that's very subjective. One thing the chap said that is worth mentioning, and this may only apply to UK customers is that I would be contacted when it was my turn and at that time I could order any model with any options in any colour. So it appears the UK pre-order is really just a place in the queue.
Sponsored