Mach E door making a popping sound!

randomvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Hey everyone!

I bought a new Mach E GT last week and all of a sudden the passenger side door has started making a popping sound (Video attached). I've hardly driven it 100 miles and literally has no damage or dents. I love everything about the car but this thing comes and goes. Maybe it is temperature dependent. Is the door aligned too closely or is it something else? I don't see any scrape marks at least visibly.

I'm calling my dealership for the past 2 days and keep getting bounced between the service department and body shop with each telling me it isn't their issue and eventually no one picks up the call. Should I just drive to them and ask them to fix it? I love the car but this stuff has left a sour taste.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Because your fender gap is messed up. How did everyone miss that before the sale? Was body work done already?

OP
OP
randomvoice

randomvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
No body work done. It was a brand new car. it didn't make any noise during the pickup but started making it over the weekend. I've hardly driven it. The only variable is the temperature which has dipped in the past few days. Even now, it goes away at random and comes back.

This should be covered under the warranty correct?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hey everyone!

I bought a new Mach E GT last week and all of a sudden the passenger side door has started making a popping sound (Video attached). I've hardly driven it 100 miles and literally has no damage or dents. I love everything about the car but this thing comes and goes. Maybe it is temperature dependent. Is the door aligned too closely or is it something else? I don't see any scrape marks at least visibly.

I'm calling my dealership for the past 2 days and keep getting bounced between the service department and body shop with each telling me it isn't their issue and eventually no one picks up the call. Should I just drive to them and ask them to fix it? I love the car but this stuff has left a sour taste.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

OP
OP
randomvoice

randomvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.
DMed the details! Thanks for looking into this 🙏

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
Probably just a hinge issue.

Kalaua_Farms

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select RWD Standard, 2017 Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Retired Hospice Executive
Country flag
Boy, that sure sounds like the little piston coming out to push the door open. It is a function of how the door electrically opens a few inches when you push the button. Sandy Munro has done countless tear down videos on the Mach E and I recall seeing how that cool mechanism worked. You might ask the dealer to look for some sort of faulty control chip or electrical problem. And that thought reveals the limit of my understanding on the electronics of the Mach E, without actually having one yet :)
Good Luck

I found the Munro Video and the door plunger is at about minute 3:30. It was the same sound that you recorded.
Sponsored

Last edited: